News Japan's SM6b, 'Champion Road'!

Anselm Sim

Aspiring Trainer
Incorrect.

Smooth Over does not directly stack; when you use it, you search your deck for a card, shuffle the remainder of your deck, then put the new card on top. If you use a second instance of Smooth Over before drawing a card from the previous one, the second one "erases" the stacking of the first. You can Smooth Over, use the Ability on Zoroark-GX to draw two cards (one being the card Smooth Over top-decked), then use a second instance of Smooth Over and use another Zoroark's Ability to draw that card (plus the one underneath it).

Also, if you need that many specific cards, you may be better off just trying your luck to draw into some of them first. No, really: while there is a chance you'll fail to get all four from the combination above, a draw Supporter has higher utility.

Ahhh my mistake. Thank you for pointing out!

Gunnsteinn

Aspiring Trainer
Calling it now and will be making a Scizor GX Deck before it becomes a metadeck with frying pans and dhelmises or something, haha :) or not? Just have a feeling will be really good with all the damage reduction, but will see.

Scott doane

Aspiring Trainer
I'm stoked for this new set. So much nostalgia. Loved evolutions and neo/ex era sets are better looking than base set. Can't wait

SotS

Cycling the Stress Away
THE NOSTALGIA LEVELS ARE OFF THE CHARTS!

It's always hilarious to see the powerspikes in these things though, lol. 190HP Steelix? That'd be a God in Neo ages.

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
Looking more closely to Banette GX's attack. It states 10 more damage for each supporter card in your discard pile. I believe "Each" would mean different supporter cards. NTM it also adds "you cant add more than 100 dmg this way".
I.E. you have 2 cynthia, 3 guzma, 3 N/Ilima, in your discard pile. "10 more damage for each supporter in your discard pile." You would only count only 1 of each of those supporters. But that's just my specultation. I haven't seen "you can't add more than ____damage, this way". On a Pokémon card in a while. So it would be a little confusing.

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
You could run Lysandres Lab to negate the additional damage from a choice band, banette from Roaring Skies in expanded as well. After you have those up you can go for some energy denial, for example since buzzwole can go for odd or even, play the Magic Odds and do whatever you can to keep it from getting 3 energy on it.
I like your thinking. i still have a couple banette "half-art" cards here at home. Nice idea. In the words of Bugs Bunny ~ "I like it, i like iiit."

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Looking more closely to Banette GX's attack. It states 10 more damage for each supporter card in your discard pile. I believe "Each" would mean different supporter cards. NTM it also adds "you cant add more than 100 dmg this way".
I.E. you have 2 cynthia, 3 guzma, 3 N/Ilima, in your discard pile. "10 more damage for each supporter in your discard pile." You would only count only 1 of each of those supporters. But that's just my specultation. I haven't seen "you can't add more than ____damage, this way". On a Pokémon card in a while. So it would be a little confusing.
Wouldn't it say "10 more damage for each different Supporter in your discard pile" if that was the case? I don't think you should have to run 10 different supporter cards in a deck for an attack to work :p

Archangel_44444

Aspiring Trainer
I haven't read all the comments yet, so I might be repeating something someone said, but this card, I think, will do really well post 2018 rotation. Scyther has a nice pre-built search engine that allows you to use another supporter that turn, like Olivia so you can evolve turn 2. He he can be built offensively and defensively, as Steel Wing + Metal Frying Pan mean he can reduce all damage by 50, and with Max Potions, Mount Corenet and Magnazone, it can be stall deck. It can also go on the total offensive with Choice Band and Altar of the Sunne to kill weakness and hit for constant 110. He requires little energy and little effort to evolve, so adding E-Hammers and Crushing Hammers to make it a troll is an option. All around, I think it will do well post rotation, and there is probably other added benefits I forgot to mention.