Japan's SM6+ Set, 'Dragon Storm,' Plus 'Champion Road' Mini-Set!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Wechselbalg

This is like the 9999th burn gimmick in the last 3 sets or so. I wonder why TPCI keeps forcing this obviously ineffective "strategy". I guess Pokemon fans like burning things? Idk

Also, no matter how much support they get, as long as Gardevoir-GX remains viable, big 2-prize dragons with huge energy costs will never be good imo. Dragonair looks good on paper with the Altaria reprint but that doesn't mean much when even a tech of Gardevoir (Sylveon) 1 shots it with a Band. Plus when you use Zinnia it means you are already losing so...meh. Noivern/Altaria already exists in Expanded and I think it should remain in that format as it has a lot more tools to work with there. The new Noibat could be a cool addition with Shrine of Memories. Or Shining Celebi, if one really wants to force the concept into Standard.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018

2. AmbientDinosaur Aspiring Trainer
    AmbientDinosaur

Speaking of Dragon's Wish Dragonair, I think a Dragonite-GX deck might consider a one-of Shining Celebi, so you can use Dragon's Wish in later parts of the game in combination with a Fisherman.

3. Bob Lien Aspiring Trainer
    Bob Lien

Dragonite's skin looks like orange lmao

4. OmegaBatman Aspiring Trainer
    OmegaBatman

Loving this for infernape!

5. Mr. Rhyperior The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
    Mr. Rhyperior

• Wela Volcano Park - The Stadium is good, since the meta isn't concern of Spec. Condition and the fact that Players run Guzmas and Acerolas, this card will see no play. 3 Geodudes.

6. Lord Goomy Got Goomies?
    Lord Goomy

When are we getting these?

7. Sua Aspiring Trainer
    Sua

Mark my words, I guarantee you that when this set releases that Dragonite will be meta.

8. Yog Rogue
    Yog

Miltank new meta.

9. gumball51321 *thumbs up*
    gumball51321

I thought Dragonite was bad at first, but with SUM Dragonair and having some way to beat Gardy would make it pretty good. Actually, outside of Gardy weakness, It's really good. Now, are we playing special Energy outside of DCE, because we will need to test and best optimize a list for it. Unit Energy lets the deck play Celesteela, and since the deck might already be playing 4 Choice Band, OHKOing Gardy with Celesteela might be a great answer. Plus, there's even more incentive to run DCE. Now, about a good 1 prize attacker...since we're theoretically running Unit(LMP), basic Energy will probably be 1-2 Lightning and 3-4 Water, just to make better use of Dragon Wish/Zinnia. So... Any good ideas?

10. gumball51321 *thumbs up*
    gumball51321

Ah crap, I just realized that we probably get all of these cards in August. Oh well, if I play in the Worlds "yearly open" tournament, I'll get to use some of these before we lose EVERYTHING.

11. pokeraider123456 Aspiring Trainer
    pokeraider123456

burn is also much harder to pull of then poison, most of them you have to manually attack, and evolve to achieve the effect. In expanded poison still is better, with virbank and seviper. let alone switching, evolving, will immediately get rid of it.

12. FatFluffyPenguin Aspiring Trainer
    FatFluffyPenguin

Oh no...prepare for the Entei/Infernape hoards guys...

13. Joldilocks Aspiring Trainer
    Joldilocks

News Staff Member

14. Senorsmith Aspiring Trainer
    Senorsmith

Knew it! Druddigon with Rough Skin! Was hoping the took was for more damage rather than more counter, but its something!

15. Mr. Rhyperior The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
    Mr. Rhyperior

• Drudiggon - Its ability is very.... common. Nothing too special except being a defensive type... if it has higher HP. Its HP is vulnerable to standard. 3 Geodudes
    • Dragon's Talon - Good on a defensive side for Dragon Pokémon. What I doubt is, you'll lose Choice Band. 3 Geodudes. I still remember the NVI Drudiggon + PLF Rock Guard combo

16. Zzrrdd Aspiring Trainer
    Zzrrdd

Dragons talon is interesting, but you'd rarely use it over choice band. Could make the maths right on some non GXs though

17. Zero Umbreon Mysterious Presence...
    Zero Umbreon

Yet another Rough Skin Druddigon. Sigh. Dragon’s Talon could be fun in a expanded troll deck, though.

18. pete Aspiring Trainer
    pete

throw it on flygon in flygon dusknoir

19. Professor_jplap Why. Just why.
    Professor_jplap

Hope y'all know what I'm thinking

20. DragonFang101 Dragon-type Pokemon Trainer
    DragonFang101

A Pyukumuku deck with Druddigon? Don't even try

makarNa likes this.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?