News Japan's SM4+ Set: 'GX Battle Boost!'

Coolpilot

Bisharps don't know 'bout my Togekiss
Advanced Member
Wow, those Gold GXs look amazing.

Shame the chance of pulling one is 1/17,462 due to the ridiculous number of secret rares. And you just know these two are going to cost a fortune to buy as singles, especially Solgaleo. :/

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
I love how the gold GX cards are similar to the gold EX cards we got in EX Battle Boost! Also that Shiinotic is adorable :3

Neurowolf

Biology extraordinaire!
Go for the gold as they always say I guess...
even if the chances of you getting the gold are super low

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Oh, for crying out loud. Did we really need another rarity beyond rainbow rares? I mean, sure, these are probably treated the same as a secret rare Trainer, but still. Full art's are pretty much redundant, rainbow rares are pointless. I don't know how you manage to go beyond pointless, but they managed it. They look neat and all, but they don't do much for me beyond that. =|

That was more ranty than intended. :rolleyes: Cynicism aside, that Shiinotic is pretty snazzy. I suppose if Ribombee can't fit well in a Gardevoir GX deck, this won't either. But it's certainly an obvious combo. I suppose time will tell.

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Tomokazu Komiya can still make Alolan Vulpix adorable even if he does primitivist art.

The new Guzzlord GX looks sick; it even shows what Guzzlord does best: grabbing and eating everything it can get its hands on.

Xurkitree's full art should still have its head glowing, but I can't help but imagine it doing a crazy dance.

The Morellull and Shiinotic are type reprints of the Sun/Moon versions. It's also good to see baby Fini make an appearance after like how many sets.

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
Why can't we just get those amazing full arts from steam siege and fates collide again (and that FA Promo Shaymin EX)?? Hyper Rare Volc full art was amazing. The Gold Rare is WAY better than the RR but it's still a step backwards IMO. It's curious that the SM base set Solgaleo is the one that gets the GR treatment but whatever.

I'm interested to see if that Shiinotic sees anymore use that the Grass version. It's a pretty amazing effect IMO

EDIT: sooooo was the update that something was added to the post or that everything in the original post was the only new stuff we'd be getting?

Last edited:

WastedSkyPirate

The new art for Silvally-GX is great - better than the Crimson Invasion versions!

Hopefully we will get it as a Promo, though I'm not sure considering the Shiny Silvally box that's already due for release in the West.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
I bet if we don't get all Memory Cards and New Silvally in SM5, I am calling it Silvally RKS system Collection Box. As long all the cards are up, I'll give Geodudes to each of them.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Tapu Fini+Manaphy SHL will be a fun meme deck :3

EDIT: The art on all the GXs (especially the gold ones) is beautiful!

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Who's the wise guy who said the Rainbow Rares look bad? They really don't.
The SUPER SECRET GOLDEN RARE CARDS look amazing.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Who's the wise guy who said the Rainbow Rares look bad? They really don't.
The SUPER SECRET GOLDEN RARE CARDS look amazing.

Some RR cards are okay looking, but really the big issue is how unnecessary they are. They're soulless compared to the SR cards of the last two eras, being a palette swap with a single rainbow pattern on them, they all end up just looking bland and nearly exactly the same.

At least the gold cards are secret rares that feel somewhat special. They could have done more than just a palette swap (same could be said for RRs, but those are quite a few levels worse than these) though. At least the shading is really nice, so it's not that bad.