News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

These cards are so interesting~
I like them a lot!

They all seem fairly balanced, which of course means they'll struggle to see play.
Heatmor and Seviper do have potential though~

Noivern + Toxapex + Seviper?
It's an interesting concept~

Could even try Araquanid over Noivern, but I feel switch cards will be very common post-rotation; drawing into them sans-Shaymin+Trainers' Mail is a different story.

Lele -> Olympia is fairly reliable, but no VS seekers...!

EDIT: To the people asking, it seems like it will stack, based on the wording.
"place an additonal" as opposed to something like, "Place 2 damage counters, instead of 1."

Just my thoughts~

That toxicroak art is actually super great. All the poison flying outwards, and what's even more BA is that he's fighting gardevoir BACKWARDS! How cool is THAT?

If this stacks, then I'm going to really enjoy doing some Hyponobank in expanded with these Sevipers.

Lol the toxicroak attacks are bad

Even if first attack was DCE and second was DCE + P it would still probably not see any play, and again, even if the second attack didn't remove poison

Poison barb + 4 Seviper + Toxapex = disgusting amounts of poison.

Might work well with crobats too.

I'm thinking Sceptile-EX/Ariados/Seviper may become one nasty strategy to try... Or Tapu-Bulu instead of Sceptile - Doesn't have the fire weakness.

Ariados, Sceptile-EX and Seviper will have a pretty narrow legality window for that combination to be used. I think Seviper is definitely going to have a bigger impact in expanded than it will in standard because of how potent it can make laserbank assuming it stacks, and even if it doesn't it'll be a solid one-of in offensive laserbank decks.

I mean statistically speaking you're getting 1 card from the discard on average, and you could use Victini.

Does Serviper make Toxapex GX good? You could do 3 GX Toxapex and 2 regular plus a few of these Servipers on the field. Then they both take more damage from the initial Toxapex poison and if they retreat their new active will take a ton of poison tick damage, at least 80 before they can switch again.

Last edited:
*generic and completely unnecessary comment about using seviper with toxapex and laserbank even though 50 other people have already said it*

As someone who hasn't played the game in years , I can't speak for the usefulness of the cards in today's meta, but I'm really loving the artwork this time around. It's a lot less generic than, say, the early BW or XY sets.

Do you think Seviper could make its way into the Accelgor Deck and Cover deck? That deck doesn't have a lot of open slots, and I'm not sure what you'd cut to make room. However, if you could get 4 on the Bench + Trevenant, that would be living the dream. It would help speed that deck up as far as getting KOs are concerned.

"80 + 80 and remove Poison"

Um....what's the point of that? If you're doing 160, you should be Knocking Out whatever you're hitting, even after counting residual damage from Poison.

Interesting to think of seviper with both toxapexes. GX so they take 10+(1~4) if they don't switch, non-gx so they take 1+(1~4) if they do.

Niche, but might work

Back