News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
MY GEODUDES
  • Not Alolan Raichu - the ability is good in some situations that you need to buy a turn to set up. Paralyzed is an effect, Ranger comes in.... Maybe ( Pls. Confirm me if Ranger works for Atk's effects only). Spec. Cond. Isn't the main concern right now. So 3 Geodudes for Raichu, 2 for Pikachu.
  • Alolan Raichu - Where are you??!

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
I think this card will be good if Alolan Raichu-GX is good. I think Raichu XY is good again with choice band and this could be a good tech in that deck, but sky field leaves us with rotation so that card has a very narrow viability window remaining despite being reprinted.

Either way it could be a 1-1 tech in a lot of decks, but the inability to go for the same turn stun you can get with Servine/FOGP makes this a weaker effect even though you don't need to flip for it.

WastedSkyPirate

MY GEODUDES
  • Not Alolan Raichu - the ability is good in some situations that you need to buy a turn to set up. Paralyzed is an effect, Ranger comes in.... Maybe ( Pls. Confirm me if Ranger works for Atk's effects only). Spec. Cond. Isn't the main concern right now. So 3 Geodudes for Raichu, 2 for Pikachu.

Nice Geodudes @Mr. Rhyperior

Just to confirm, Pokemon Ranger does not remove Status Conditions.

007manyo

TCG Judge & Player
MY GEODUDES

Ranger removes effects of attacks on each player and their pokemon. Since Evoshock is not an attack, Ranger doesn't get rid of it! Not to mention, even if it was an attack, Ranger can't stop status conditions, damage, or knockouts. A decent rule of thumb for Ranger is if the attack says 'until the end of your [opponents] next turn,' then Ranger can affect it. Not to mention it's an immediate thing, and its effects don't 'persist' per se; rather it's more like a burst that removes those persisting effects.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Nice Geodudes @Mr. Rhyperior

Just to confirm, Pokemon Ranger does not remove Status Conditions.

Well first off ranger only removes effects from attacks and second off it doesn't remove effects that have allready come in to effect so no it doesn't remove damage,counter placement, or status effects. It only removes ongoing effects like item lock or supporter lock(rofl) from attacks.
Edit: oops didn't meant to answer something that was allready answered above

Scourge188

Aspiring Trainer
Raichu + Sceptile-EX wil be a tough deck to beat. 130 automatically and ya paralyazed. It's like a quicker Mega Venusaur! Aalso, the fact it ain't an Alolan Raichu surprises me. I wonder what they will do for Alolan Raichu?

I'm pretty sure they are saving Alolan raichu for the GX treatment

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
There is (technically) an Alolan Raichu card already but it's absolute ass. I'm assuming all of the Alolan forms will end up with GX cards since getting a second grimer in 3 sets (and one that is similar to Alolan Vulpix in that it has built in searching effects) more or less confirms that Alolan Muk-GX will be in this set imo.

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Hmm...

With a Choice Band AND Kukui, Raichu's attack can 1HKO unbelted Tapus... Not bad for a 1-prize pokemon...

Other than that reason, it's a Stage 1, meaning the Eeveelutions can help it out in Expanded by exploiting Grasses, Steels, even Fires, just watch out for the Sunne altar.... However, even that won't save this card from the competitive shun, although I believe this is not what everyone else on this thread thinks it is. I have to agree to disagree... Moving on...

Last edited:

George

Plays 4 Ultra Ball in Every Deck
Meh. Raichu's ability is cool though. Maybe spamming it with DeVo spray would be fun?
Yeah, honestly, I don't see a deck being built around it, but it might just be a staple in most Lightning decks, it is a fun card.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Yeah, honestly, I don't see a deck being built around it, but it might just be a staple in most Lightning decks, it is a fun card.
Maybe some kind of deck that revolves around status conditions like Ninetales (Black and White Promo 66) with Raichu and Salazzle could actually be pretty good.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Raichu could be a decent addition to Tapu Koko GX decks. The deck is rather defensive and aims to retain resources on the battlefield. as such Raichu could buy the deck a turn to hit once more with Tapu Koko GX and get ahead in the prize race. Just a consideration.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Raichu could be a decent addition to Tapu Koko GX decks. The deck is rather defensive and aims to retain resources on the battlefield. as such Raichu could buy the deck a turn to hit once more with Tapu Koko GX and get ahead in the prize race. Just a consideration.
That's a good idea, but Tapu Koko is all basics meaning it would take some workaround to get Raichu in. I like the idea though! :)

Tri2attack

"Guzma for game."-every close game
Did everyone forget that Raichu Break is still a thing? You can mix this with circle raichu and raichu Break

postmodern_pinko

So postmodern
My bet is on Alolan Raichu-GX, mostly because it too evolves from regular ol Pikachu. Kinda surprised they've held off printing it this long :p