News Japan's SM3+ Set: 'Shining Legends!'

DarkMatterGaming

Aspiring Trainer
Do I spy with my little eye a BW Era Suicune reprint? Plus Zek+Reshi reprints?!

Yes I know its actually Hoopa but this only makes me mourn the fact that Alolan Sandslash's attack costs way too much...

Mr. Nobody Nowhere

Johto Maniac
Shining Ho-Oh is a promo card, and not in the actual set, so it was left out on purpose :)

A Shining Ho-Oh promo will also be given out to those who purchase a booster box of the set from participating stores. It will be printed on special holofoil paper like the Shining Pokemon from the main set. Shining Ho-Oh will also be in the set with alternate artwork.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
MY GEODUDES ON THE NEWER CARDS
  • Breloom - One Energy atk makes it decent. 2/2-3
  • Torkoal - Eeeww! 1 Geodude
  • Virizion - Long Spear is Pike. 2 Geodudes bcoz it was GGC not GCC.
  • Qwlfish - Eeeww!² WPM approved. 1 Geodude
  • Buizel/Floatzel - Eeeww!³ 1/1
  • Plusle/Minun - Eeeww!⁴ 1/1
  • Jynx - Eeeww! to the 5th power. 1 Geodude
  • Voltorb/Electrode - Eeeww! to the 6th power. 0 Geodudes
  • Golett/Golurk -Okay, but Coin flip could be help, tnx. V! 2/2
  • Stunfisk - Eeeww! to the 7th power. 1
  • Scraggy/Scrafty - Eeeww! to the 8th power. NightLyc is better than Scrafty, dude. 0
  • The Set - A Bit Shining ODDISHappointment. There are some Group of Legendaries had missing members.
  1. Legendary Beasts - No Suicune.
  2. Sword of Justice - No Terrakion and Cobalion
  3. Kalos Legends - No Xerneas, Squishy is fine.
  4. Eon Duo - No Latias.
  5. Sinnoh Deities - No Dialga.
  6. Unova Legends - Kyurem is fine!
  • Shining Cards - Some has competitve potential, some are just for collection only. We'll just wait for the unrevealed cards.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
A Shining Ho-Oh promo will also be given out to those who purchase a booster box of the set from participating stores. It will be printed on special holofoil paper like the Shining Pokemon from the main set. Shining Ho-Oh will also be in the set with alternate artwork.
That might be the case, but there ain't no room for it, so it won't be in the set (unless it's a Secret Rare). What was written was something that was assumed, because it's been that way with other sets, but it simply was not the case. Had it been the case, either Torkoal wouldn't have been in the set or we would've had 73 cards instead of the 72.

NeoRaikou

Aspiring Trainer
That might be the case, but there ain't no room for it, so it won't be in the set (unless it's a Secret Rare). What was written was something that was assumed, because it's been that way with other sets, but it simply was not the case. Had it been the case, either Torkoal wouldn't have been in the set or we would've had 73 cards instead of the 72.

It hasn't "been that way" with either of the previous +1 sets... they have both received full-art supporter card promos (Hau and Olivia) which didn't appeared in the actual set lists.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
It hasn't "been that way" with either of the previous +1 sets... they have both received full-art supporter card promos (Hau and Olivia) which didn't appeared in the actual set lists.

Actually the SM+ sets contained regular art versions of these two trainers in Japan. For instance, Olivia was in SM2+ but not as a full art. The full art was exclusive to buyers of a certain amount of boosters and was not available in the regular set.

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
Where the scans for the few remaining cards in the set? I'm eager to see the Ivysaur and shining Genesect.

wonderful_whismur

The most wonderful whismur in the world
I just realized something. Shining Mew is great for those Drampa/Garbodor decks that use Rainbow Energy as opposed to Secret Base for those damage counters. Search out for those rainbow energy to attach to the benched Pokemon. Seems like a a main concern for those decks is finding the Rainbow Energy.

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
I just realized something. Shining Mew is great for those Drampa/Garbodor decks that use Rainbow Energy as opposed to Secret Base for those damage counters. Search out for those rainbow energy to attach to the benched Pokemon. Seems like a a main concern for those decks is finding the Rainbow Energy.
Rainbow Energy only damages the recipient when it's attached from the hand.

yudiroko

Aspiring Trainer
So what's the ruling on Shining Arceus with Ultimate Zone, Beginning Door, and the rest of the Arceus synergies?