News Japan's SM3+ Set: 'Shining Legends!'

TheBigE196

Aspiring Trainer
Venusaur would be broken...

if it wasn't a stage two :(

Hoopa seems interesting, and Yveltal comes back, but even powerful!!!

Venusaur in expanded is broken tho
It won't, gardevoir from Next Destinies never took off and it had synergy with Mewtwo, turn 1 item lock with forest will be better than this turn 1 pretty much every time

Ami Dark

Professor/Leader of the Destiny Tower League
Debating if Venusaur would be ran with Bulu instead of Vikavolt

Same result but no using lightning energy. Up to you and your build. Consider what pokemon, if any, other than the Bulu and Saur you would use. Also consider what meta will be played in the new format. Fire will possibly be bigger.

Sinister_Dusclops

Aspiring Trainer
I just can't get over the fact of how bad Shining Volcanion is. Sure double the ice blade but it's three straight water energy. Second attack just terrible against anything. Zekrom makes a return I just don't think it will see play.

MarshalBry

Aspiring Trainer
When Pokemon prints a new card with the same attack name, errata will automatically change to fit the newest card. All old Yveltals will become like the new one.

Are you sure that's how it works? As far as I was aware as long as even attack subtext was different it was a "different" Yveltal (etc.)

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
When Pokemon prints a new card with the same attack name, errata will automatically change to fit the newest card. All old Yveltals will become like the new one.
No. This is completely untrue and I'm not sure where you heard this.

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
Well zekrom is disappointing. Reshiram got a brand new, much softer drawback to its attack, and Zekrom got... reshiram's old drawback.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Venusaur - I love it. Very bad because it is a Stage 2, makes it harder with Giant Plants rotating out, we need a Grass Tanker like Trev to support this. 3 Geodudes.
  • Carnivine - Is that it? 2 Geodudes.
  • Volcarona - Tnx. To google of google, I know what it does. It's an unli-repel! 3 Geodudes.
  • Arbok - Chabakak! 2 Geodudes.
  • Manaphy - Meh! Your just like SUM Ribombee. 2 Geodudes.
  • Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr - Good ability for a garbage atk. 2 Geodudes.
  • Shining Volcanion - Ehhh! 2 Geodudes
  • Shining Jirachi - Is that it? 2 Geodudes
  • Latios - Latias is on the artwork, there's no such thing that Latias won't be in the set. 1-2 Geodudes.
  • Zekrom - Yay! #OutrageGoals! 3-4 Geodudes.
  • Purrloin/Liepard - Ehh! 1-2 Geodudes for both, FYI.
  • Hoopa - This Scoundrel Guard can threw A-Ninetales out of play. It's a basic, basic is better. 3-4 Geodudes.
  • Yveltal - Boosted Oblivion Wing! 3 Geodudes.
  • Reprinted Cards - Always good. Saved them from Rotation, especially Lillie-san.
  • FAs, SR - I love the artwork, but you know me, I don't play them. I love the SR Mewtwo, reminds me of the First Pokemon Movie.
Disclaimer : I'll edit my post once these trans comes out.

Last edited:

SuperHoopa

Aspiring Trainer
Wow, this is like Sinnoh remakes confirmed! The starters and Palkia have shown up in the set, so this may very well be foreshadowing Sinnoh remakes...

Also, yay! A new Hoopa card!

BrandonHappened

Ghosts and Fairies are kinda my jam
Wow, this is like Sinnoh remakes confirmed! The starters and Palkia have shown up in the set, so this may very well be foreshadowing Sinnoh remakes...

Also, yay! A new Hoopa card!
Not really, since Sinnoh starters and legendaries would be in the DP remake set
More likely telling us that during this particular rotation, there won't be any DP remakes since Sinnoh starters don't come around often

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Outrage is back on Zekrom I see. That's a nice throwback to the good ol' BW era. (EDIT-Just realized the Reshi from this set had Outrage as well. Thats really nice.)

Also, both of those artworks for Mewtwo are unbelievable. I'm really impressed.

Last edited: