News Japan's First 2019 Sets: 'Night Unison,' 'Full Metal Wall'

williamsin1991

Aspiring Trainer
The translation of ability is not right.
That is "When you play Dedenne-GX from your hand to your Bench during your turn you may discard your hand and draw 6 cards. You may only use 1 Dede Change Ability per turn"

It is different on Sightseer

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
...Not a fan. At all.

Yeah, the beginning of Sun/Moon was maybe a bit too slow drawpower wise. But between this, Acro Bike, Custom Catcher and Zebstrika... They've overcompensated. Realistically, the "problem" was more than solved with Zoroark GX. (Who itself was probably too good at what it does.)

At least this is once per turn, unlike Shaymin. But it's also a more powerful effect (it just straight thins your deck by 6 cards, not up to 6 like Shaymin, there's a reason Sycamore's a stronger card than Lillie, and it's not the 1 extra card), so that's kind of a moot point. The only thing keeping this in check is the number of decks these days that rely on multiple bench-sitters and thus don't have a ton of free bench space. Watch them "fix" that by re-releasing Sky Field or making an Item that lets you discard one of your benched Pokemon or something. I wish they'd plan the path of powercreep a little better. It's clear they tend to react to problems more often than predicting them.

KeoKeo

Aspiring Trainer
Well least you can't spam it... looks decent for some decks, gets those niche spots. We do have adequate draw power already, but this just helps out the meta (buzz) more

DaLoc

Aspiring Trainer
this is a way more balanced shaymin. useful for consistency. technically you can get a 2nd use via the gx attack with thunder mountain stadium and counter gain for 0 energy.

OppositeAttract

Aspiring Trainer
Like the card. Not as concerned about the weakness to fighting as some since A) buzz's play has slowed considerably and by the time it's released (Marchish) Buzz will only be in format for around 5 months.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Aaaaaaand Buzzwole will eat this card alive. It's not gonna prevent this card from not being a staple in most decks, but just a thought. Pretty easy two Prizes.

And it's been said but I'll say it again - so. freaking. cute.

TinyCubinator

Aspiring Trainer
Everyone saying buzz weakness sucks forgets the fact that buzz isn't seeing much play and if you say 160 is easy to get just look at shaymin with its 110 HP. The only real downside is it can only be used once per turn

MoFoTY86

Aspiring Trainer
More discard power for Night March (in case of Karen) and Rotom Tool Box. Definite 2 of in a lot of decks.

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
This card might not be the best draw support card, but this post has got to be the best belated Christmas present I got so far this year.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
HWEH! SHAYMIN’S BACK!
“discard your hand”
Oh.

So you’re telling me that Zebstrika is better? Granted, 160 HP, fighting weakness, and no effective attacks does hurt a bunch, and combine that with the fact that we already have Abilities like Instruct, Smooth Over, Trade, and Sprint in the format, this doesn’t have much going for it.
THAT BEING SAID, everyone went crazy over the previous Shaymin EX even after Octillery was released. I still like the card A LOT, and if you play Shrine and Acerola in your deck already, this card fits right in. An extra consistency boost never hurts. Having that boost as a liability does, but alas, here we are.

I like it. Hope it’s not $60.