News Japan's First 2019 Sets: 'Night Unison,' 'Full Metal Wall'

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Heviin Aspiring Trainer
    Heviin

Advanced Member Member

Especially in expanded!

2. The PokeMan 11 Aspiring Trainer
    The PokeMan 11

And baby buzz w no band

AngryBokoblin likes this.
  3. Heviin Aspiring Trainer
    Heviin

Advanced Member Member

210, actually. OHKO Zoros! :eek:

AngryBokoblin and TheAquaPiplup like this.
  4. boyishgoodlooks Aspiring Trainer
    boyishgoodlooks

It's going to be crazy, you could Cynthia twice on the same turn. I assume there is going to be a jump in how many pal pad/Lusamine people are playing, because we are going to burning through supporters.

OMG! Lt. Surge/Lusamine/other supporter endless loop!

RisingRaichuu, 9Blades and Heviin like this.
  5. boyishgoodlooks Aspiring Trainer
    boyishgoodlooks

Janine protects Venomoth for Blacephalon!

6. srsrox Aspiring Trainer
    srsrox

The card says you can play only 3 supporters including that card. It did not say 2 more supporters. Thus, the roof amount you can play is 3 absolute.

7. Lord Goomy It’s the Beast Game.
    Lord Goomy

It’s 110 plus 90. A Choice Band ends up OHKOing Gardy.

8. srsrox Aspiring Trainer
    srsrox

I think the Ratatta does 1 colorless energy for 30 damage. Not sure though.

9. AmbientDinosaur Aspiring Trainer
    AmbientDinosaur

Venomoth-GX is a welcome surprise for sure. But it feels so reliant on the Koga and Janine supporters, I don't what to think.

On the other hand, the attack does deal a lot of damage if Koga's Trap was played (110 + 90 + 10 with poison = 210).

Lord Goomy likes this.
  10. HouchinsDJ Aspiring Trainer
    HouchinsDJ

Lt. Surge is insane. I feel like it needs to be banned in Expanded immediately.

Really like Venomoth-GX. I'm loving the GXs that have specific Supporters and other cards designed just for them (ie: Onix-GX and Starmie-GX). Makes me think that we'll see one for every Kanto Gym leader?

11. AmbientDinosaur Aspiring Trainer
    AmbientDinosaur

Speaking of Lt. Surge in Expanded, how would it act together with Dual Brains Magnezone?

9Blades and TheAquaPiplup like this.
  12. Timmony_tcg Aspiring Trainer
    Timmony_tcg

The translation says "3 Supporter cards (including this one)," meaning you can play Lt. Surge, then 2 more Supporter cards

13. Venomoth/Zoroark could be good
    also, I hope the Guzma isn't alternate art

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  14. MegaPod_781 Bug Thug
    MegaPod_781

Ooh, Charjabug. I hope its ability is “Battery” and boosts the attacks of your Electric Pokémon. Also, Venomoth GX looks pretty!

15. Yoyo Chen Aspiring Trainer
    Yoyo Chen

Advanced Member Member

Lt. Surge is going to change the meta drastically o_O

RisingRaichuu, 9Blades and Lord Goomy like this.
  16. Lanstar The Funny Fairy Bug
    Lanstar

Sigh... Looks like Guzma will stay in standard for a few more years...

...Bleh. >_>

17. decks 101 Aspiring Trainer
    decks 101

i was thinking koko with flying flip that also works with the dce part and a nice thing to get rid of weak pokemon like non gx pokemon.

maybe meganium from lost thunder?

18. Anselm Sim Aspiring Trainer
    Anselm Sim

Advanced Member Member

Who’s with me that LT Surge will be banned in expanded immediately? :confused:

Wechselbalg and RisingRaichuu like this.
  19. JumpluffTCG Aspiring Trainer
    JumpluffTCG

Advanced Member Member

I wonder if it's because TPCi hates Buzzwole all of the sudden or because they just made Buzzwole/Pheramosa Tag Team GX insanely busted and wanted to make something like this to keep it in check in anticipation.

Hate to break the news that's not it's ability, but I think the ability is pretty neat regardless! It allows you to attach it to a Vikavolt or Vikavolt GX as a special energy that provides two lightning energy. Not as broken as the Holon Castform/Electrode way back in the delta species days, but it's a really cool mechanic that they're bringing back.

As a note, according to the wording, you have to attach it to a Vikavolt/Vikavolt GX to make it a special energy card. But it doesn't say anything about it having to stay on a Vikavolt/Vikavolt GX to continue being a special energy card, so you are still allowed to move it around and you could Multi Switch it to something else as an example.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    MegaPod_781 likes this.
  20. CynderDarkov Aspiring Trainer
    CynderDarkov

Advanced Member Member

I lost my freaking damn mind when I read Lt. Surge's Battle. Cards that break basic rules of whatever game you're playing are usually at least interesting, and I'm very interested in this card!

Also yes Guzma reprint! 2 more years of Guzma!

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 1 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?