News Japan's First 2019 Sets: 'Night Unison,' 'Full Metal Wall'

boyishgoodlooks

Aspiring Trainer
Lt. Surge has to be one of the most broken supporters ever, being able to play to other supporters in one turn, talk about a comeback card for every deck out there.

It's going to be crazy, you could Cynthia twice on the same turn. I assume there is going to be a jump in how many pal pad/Lusamine people are playing, because we are going to burning through supporters.

OMG! Lt. Surge/Lusamine/other supporter endless loop!

ThatUnlimitedProfessor

Aspiring Trainer
It's going to be crazy, you could Cynthia twice on the same turn. I assume there is going to be a jump in how many pal pad/Lusamine people are playing, because we are going to burning through supporters.

OMG! Lt. Surge/Lusamine/other supporter endless loop!

The card says you can play only 3 supporters including that card. It did not say 2 more supporters. Thus, the roof amount you can play is 3 absolute.

AmbientDinosaur

Aspiring Trainer
Venomoth-GX is a welcome surprise for sure. But it feels so reliant on the Koga and Janine supporters, I don't what to think.

On the other hand, the attack does deal a lot of damage if Koga's Trap was played (110 + 90 + 10 with poison = 210).

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
Lt. Surge is insane. I feel like it needs to be banned in Expanded immediately.

Really like Venomoth-GX. I'm loving the GXs that have specific Supporters and other cards designed just for them (ie: Onix-GX and Starmie-GX). Makes me think that we'll see one for every Kanto Gym leader?

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
The card says you can play only 3 supporters including that card. It did not say 2 more supporters. Thus, the roof amount you can play is 3 absolute.
The translation says "3 Supporter cards (including this one)," meaning you can play Lt. Surge, then 2 more Supporter cards

MegaPod_781

Bug Thug
Ooh, Charjabug. I hope its ability is “Battery” and boosts the attacks of your Electric Pokémon. Also, Venomoth GX looks pretty!

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
Sigh... Looks like Guzma will stay in standard for a few more years...

...Bleh. >_>

decks 101

Aspiring Trainer
i was thinking koko with flying flip that also works with the dce part and a nice thing to get rid of weak pokemon like non gx pokemon.

maybe meganium from lost thunder?

JumpluffTCG

Aspiring Trainer
Marshadow is an amazing Buzz Counter. For 1 C it does 10+60 more to UBs. That's an ohko on Buzz with a band
I wonder if it's because TPCi hates Buzzwole all of the sudden or because they just made Buzzwole/Pheramosa Tag Team GX insanely busted and wanted to make something like this to keep it in check in anticipation.

Ooh, Charjabug. I hope its ability is “Battery” and boosts the attacks of your Electric Pokémon. Also, Venomoth GX looks pretty!
Hate to break the news that's not it's ability, but I think the ability is pretty neat regardless! It allows you to attach it to a Vikavolt or Vikavolt GX as a special energy that provides two lightning energy. Not as broken as the Holon Castform/Electrode way back in the delta species days, but it's a really cool mechanic that they're bringing back.

As a note, according to the wording, you have to attach it to a Vikavolt/Vikavolt GX to make it a special energy card. But it doesn't say anything about it having to stay on a Vikavolt/Vikavolt GX to continue being a special energy card, so you are still allowed to move it around and you could Multi Switch it to something else as an example.

Last edited:

CynderDarkov

Aspiring Trainer
I lost my freaking damn mind when I read Lt. Surge's Battle. Cards that break basic rules of whatever game you're playing are usually at least interesting, and I'm very interested in this card!

Also yes Guzma reprint! 2 more years of Guzma!