Japan's 30 card deck format

Shadowleone

Am I really a trainer??
I've become extremely interested in the 30 card deck format. I don't have a lot of money to buy staples and the few that I have are just enough for one player. Well me and my brother both like to play somewhat competitively so 30 card decks are the best way for us to do it. So does anybody feel like a 30 card format would be more challenging? If so, what do you think the metagame would be like? What decks would you play? Also if you could link or post any sites that may have more info on this format that would be appreciated as well!

what are the rules for 30 card? is it 3 prizes if so id go straigh Lugia EX thund EX combo.

I think there should be a multitude of different formats in the card game.
They should bring back partner battling, 30 card formats, 40 card formats (not just prereleases), bring back COMPETITIVE drafting,
palace formats, alternate & unlimited formats, including formats from the tcg's history.
The game is getting dry, the skilled players don't even participate in prereleases anymore.

Everything in pokemon should be sanctioned and a way to earn points to earn trips, up the point's to get worlds invites do whatever they need to do
to bring more aspects of competitive play back into the card game to attract more players for a wider market. I know of 10 people off the top of my head that aren't currently active in the game today but would be if there were alternate formats and/or more ways to compete.

omod said:
what are the rules for 30 card? is it 3 prizes if so id go straigh Lugia EX thund EX combo.

Yes 3 prizes and two copies of any card, based on their english name, (besides basic energy).

ashtavakra said:
I think there should be a multitude of different formats in the card game.
They should bring back partner battling, 30 card formats, 40 card formats (not just prereleases), bring back COMPETITIVE drafting,
palace formats, alternate & unlimited formats, including formats from the tcg's history.
The game is getting dry, the skilled players don't even participate in prereleases anymore.

Everything in pokemon should be sanctioned and a way to earn points to earn trips, up the point's to get worlds invites do whatever they need to do
to bring more aspects of competitive play back into the card game to attract more players for a wider market. I know of 10 people off the top of my head that aren't currently active in the game today but would be if there were alternate formats and/or more ways to compete.

I agree if they had alternate formats, many new and veteran players alike would be more interested in the Pokemon TCG.

Back