Ruling Item Finder/Junk Arm

SoxDuck

Psyduck Enthusiast
I plan to run a quad snorlax deck at an unlimited tournament soon, even with Virgen out there I think in unlimited format I can make it work (due to 2 lost removers, 4 energy removal, 4 crushing hammer and potentially energy removal 2).

However, I had a question about Junk Arm/item finder. Can I run them in the same deck? Is item finder ace spec? Thanks.

You can run them in the same deck because they are two different card names. Item Finder is not an Ace Spec, but Dowsing Machine is.~KA

Junk Arm has a different name than Item Finder, but Item Finder's Japanese name is the same as that of Dowsing Machine. If you choose to use Item Finder in your deck in Unlimited, it has to be the Base Set one, rather than the Ace Spec.

You cannot run 4 Item Finder and 1 Dowsing Machine in your deck, because it would violate the 4-per-deck rule.

These two posts seem to contradict one another. Can I run both of them effectively or not? I'm not talking 3-1, but 4-2 or 4-1 (or even 4-4).

Thanks.

You can run up to 4 Junk Arm without any restrictions at all.

As to Item Finder vs Dowsing Machine, it's 4 total of each (as the names are the same), but since you're restricted to 1 Ace Spec, you can only run 4-0, 3-1, 2-1, etc.

Not quite. Older cards having the same name as Ace Specs are treated as being different cards, and don't count as being reprinted, per se. You can only have up to 4 Item Finder (Base Set) and Dowsing Machine (Plasma Storm) cards in the deck, combined.

You also can't run more than 1 Dowsing Machine (Plasma Storm) in the deck, due to the built-in Ace Spec restriction.

Thus, you're better off running 4 Item Finder, and having your Ace Spec (if you even choose to run one, because Computer Search follows the same rules and thus you can have 4 CS Base Set in your deck) be something else altogether. Like, I dunno, Gold Potion?

I really feel that you're overcomplicating the answer to the question and each time you post it's like you're saying something different. Maybe that's just me.

Anyway, say I wanted to run this decklist:

4x Junk Arm
4x Item Finder
1x Rock Guard

Would that be okay?

I really feel that you're overcomplicating the answer to the question and each time you post it's like you're saying something different. Maybe that's just me.
Might be. Overcomplication tends to be force of habit, to pre-emptively answer follow-ups.

Anyway, say I wanted to run this decklist:

4x Junk Arm
4x Item Finder
1x Rock Guard

Would that be okay?
Yep. Perfectly fine.

Back