News 'Islands Waiting for You' and 'Moonlight of Alola': Japan's Next Sun and Moon TCG Set!

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
The next format better be at least Generations/Fates-on... Do not want Water Toolbox to still have Manaphy EX alongside this.

Can someone just put me in stasis for like a year and a half and wake me when it's Sun/Moon-on?

Seabass Supreme

Aspiring Trainer
Can't we get more fire support instead so I can play Delphox?

You can play Delphox! Psystorm takes 3 colorless energies, which works fantastically with Solgaleo GX's GX attack and double colorless/metal energy. Just have to run a 4-1-3 Delphox line, 2-1-2 Solgaleo GX line, and 4 rare candies. GX attack on turn 2 (can add up to 9 energy with 4 dce and one metal, that's 180 damage alone for Psystorm!), Psystorms starting on turn 3, and use Solgaleo's ability to swap out your Pokemon as needed.

It works surprisingly well.

Sadly, I just changed out my M Blastoise EX deck for the Delphox/Solgaleo GX deck, and Aqua Patch means I will probably be revisiting the M Blastoise deck. Choices, choices!

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Oh God, here we go again...

If the Water type continues to be weak to Grass types, I don't think I'll be seeing Lightning around.

Tails19950

Aspiring Trainer
So the English set said there will be 12 Pokemon Gx. All the confirmed are Alolan-Ninetales, Kommo-o, Wishiwashi, Drampa, Turtonator, Drampa, Vikavolt, Sylveon, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Midnight Lycanroc, and Metagross.

And Tapu Bulu has his deck

Does that mean we're not getting Tapu Fini?

Sparkeagle

Aspiring Trainer
So the English set said there will be 12 Pokemon Gx. All the confirmed are Alolan-Ninetales, Kommo-o, Wishiwashi, Drampa, Turtonator, Drampa, Vikavolt, Sylveon, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Midnight Lycanroc, and Metagross.

You wrote drampa twice. I made an account just for this

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie

It does seem like it's not in these sets. I'm assuming it will appear in the SM2+ expansion, since it is featured on the pack artwork (along with the rest of the Tapus, Lycanroc Midnight and Darkrai), so there is a possibility of it appearing in our third set.

MechanicalMarine

Princess Peach

That's kind of silly. It just doesn't really make any sense, include 3 of the 4 Tapus and neglect the other one completely. But who knows, they might surprise us.
At least this set will actually have another staple card, been waiting a while for something like that.

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
That's kind of silly. It just doesn't really make any sense, include 3 of the 4 Tapus and neglect the other one completely. But who knows, they might surprise us.
At least this set will actually have another staple card, been waiting a while for something like that.

They do this with legendary water type cards. Regice and Suicune were neglected for EXs. They seemingly havent learnt.

I can think of 13 upcoming GXs so i guess at least one is going to be in a box like Bewear then.

MechanicalMarine

Princess Peach
They do this with legendary water type cards. Regice and Suicune were neglected for EXs. They seemingly havent learnt.

I can think of 13 upcoming GXs so i guess at least one is going to be in a box like Bewear then.
Now that you mention it, I can see that. However, both of these cards saw and/or still see competitive play so that could be cool to see. Still wish Fini would have a GX, as it is my favorite of the 4. :/

TotoBoss

Kappa
This will be SUPER good in my Waterbox deck, and I'm even considering Alolan Ninetales GX for it. This also means I don't have to run Exp. Share anymore as I rather have FFB's / CB'son my pokemon as a Exp. Share. I'm SUPER happy to see this <3

postmodern_pinko

So postmodern
Ninetails-A is,,,bad.

First attack is okay. Second attack is just okay. GX attack is good, but also easy to play around/a GX attack. I don't see any reason to play it over, man, even Lapras-GX, which can be much more consistent, and I think ultimately what Water would play.

MarshalBry

Aspiring Trainer
Well, I kinda liked dark patch, and now they're making a water version of it!

I suppose the biggest issue with Dark Patch was that Battle Compressor made it completely stupid (also there's not a big bulky basic standard Water Pokemon doing more damage for each energy attached)