News 'Islands Waiting for You' and 'Moonlight of Alola': Japan's Next Sun and Moon TCG Set!

It's a cool card and 210 hp for a basic is good but the max elixir theory is not guaranteed and attack cost too step to be viable

school form Wishiwashi is one of my faves of gen 7 so I'll take it just because it looks pretty.

My Evaluations
  • Wishiwashi - I gave 2-3 Geodudes for both of them. Seriously? 120 for 5? Palkia Would do that accel thing but, are you serious? Discarding opponent's energy is good but the damage is terrible. Many Pokemon do 120 for 3 Energy. Yeah, I know many synergies will create for this school fish, but we are focusing the main points here.
  • Vanilluxe - Ok!
  • SM2 - Since 12 GXs announced for the English set, this we'll expect that we won't see Bulu and Fini in Guardians Rising. I highly doubt it.

Since 12 GXs announced for the English set, this we'll expect that we won't see Bulu and Fini in Guardians Rising. I highly doubt it.
Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Lycanroc, Kommo-o, Metagross, Vikavolt, Turtonator, Sylveon, Toxapex, Wishiwashi, Drampa, Tapu Bulu? That could be the 12 for Guardians Rising. Just means no Fini which is odd but then they do have a weird habit of neglecting one member of a legendary trio/quartet.

Initially when I saw WW-GX I thought it was SUPERBLY underwhelming, but it could serve as a nice attacker in WaterBox. Water is a great type to be rn with excellent support like Lana, Rough Seas, Manaphy-EX, etc. With 80+ healing per turn, 210 HP + 40 from FFB is nothing to shake a stick at.

Water has a lot of amazing basics right now, and if WW-GX finds a niche (I'm thinking probably not) it will be alongside other water basics that are simply powerful from the onset with no setup. I'm definitely going to try it out, see which side of the fence it falls on.

What's the use I find regular Wishiwashi? It looks useless to me.
8 chances to start with a Wishiwashi GX instead of the normal 4, if you start with a Wishiwashi, you can play a ball/N/Sycamore/etc and draw one/pull the GX out of your deck and swap it with the regular

I feel like between this and Primarina-GX and a few other high attachment [W] mons, there must be some kind of nu-Blastoise card on the horizon. Unless we are supposed to be healing off all damage until Golduck Break can come into play. Very odd.

An interesting fact is that,as a pure water type pokemon in the video game,Wishiwashi (and its GX) has lightning weakness instead of grass.

My, look how far Pokémon has gone. I at least hope they will unleash some more Kanto GXs too.

The more artists we get who focus on 2d artwork, the better.

I think 3d should be given to 5ban and PLANETA. They do a great job with the Ultra Rares as well

The more artists we get who focus on 2d artwork, the better.

I think 3d should be given to 5ban and PLANETA. They do a great job with the Ultra Rares as well
Agreed! I wouldn't mind Ryu Ueda being given some 3d artwork either!

I hope this Glalie means that we'll be getting our first Psychic Froslass card. I think that would look amazing!

That second attack is easy enough to power up, rainbow energy and you got a 150 hitter. Combo with a Lanturn and you have 2 easily powered up stage 1s that can 1 or 2 shot nearly everything. Trying to get that out in current meta though...lot of energy build up. More reasons why I can't wait for Standard to become SM and up.

MY EVALUATIONS
  • Glalie - This Ice-head is mediumly good. Like his Mega, Reliant on Rainbow Energy. I agree on @steffenka , I Jirachi (Wish) that PCL gives us a good Froslass card.

Too slow for the current meta. Three water energies aren't exactly quick to stack up, especially on a stage 1 where Max Elixir wouldn't work. Sure, you could simply use it BEFORE evolving, but holding off on evolutions can have it's own reprocussions when it comes to speed.

However, with Grass becoming seemingly more powerful, if a way to power up quicker does come about then maybe it could run well with PCL Flareon? And maybe have some of the new Eeveelution GXs on the side for non-grass situations? Okay, probably not, but it could still be interesting.

That second attack is easy enough to power up, rainbow energy and you got a 150 hitter. Combo with a Lanturn and you have 2 easily powered up stage 1s that can 1 or 2 shot nearly everything. Trying to get that out in current meta though...lot of energy build up. More reasons why I can't wait for Standard to become SM and up.

Maybe enough for Lurantis/Glalie/Sogaleo Combo at Turnoments!

Back