Is VVV good in this format?

RE: Is this Deck a good descision?

iisnumber12 said:
How COULD it be feasible after rotation? No Vileplume. You'd also run into trouble because Victini is a really easy target especially with Raikou EX.
Thank you, Captain Obvious.

I ran the deck without Item Lock before and it worked just fine. (In fact, I think that version was better, personally.) It won't be as good, but I could still make it work.

Lack of Vileplume is far from being the end of the world.

The vileplume decks can still be good and a good way to bring back a little varitey to this some what stale format. Even though it can be frustrating as a zek/eels player to take a loss to one . I cant be mad about a player not playing what everyone else is playing, good on you. I will definatly be honest with you though and say that sadly with the format as crazy fast as it is right now, alot of things have to go right for the deck to get consistent wins at higher levels of competitive play but it is by no means incapable of being competitive.

I would probably run a different deck. Zoroark/Weavile/Darkrai has a pretty favorable matchup against VVV, being able to OHKO the Vanilluxe while you two shot the Zoroark. Not to mention it would be much, much faster than VVV, usually getting set up turn two.

Your matchup against Zeelz is pretty circumstantial, actually. If they can set up early, then you have lost. If you can set up before they can, then you have won. It really depends on the lists and the hands. But if they manage to set up an Eel, then they can send up a Raikou and snipe off your Gloom. I've seen turn two Raikou quite a lot. Plus, Zeelz runs a lot of high HP Basics that can take quite a lot of heat from Vanilluxe. This gives them at least a turn of set up time for another attacker. Which, if you think about it, is all they need.

Against CMT is actually not too terribly bad, in fact it would be rather favorable. You can quite easily stall their Mewtwo out, not to mention they need seven energy in play to KO you. Their Tornadus are going to be your only problem. Hopefully you can keep the heat coming from your Vanilluxe while they keep Swarming their Tornadus.

Now, I am not saying that "Oh you shouldn't run this deck because it's bad", because it's not. I like the deck's idea, and this deck was great once. But in this "Zeelz or nuttin'." format, I would say that it is probably not the best choice. Depending on your list, you can still win. In fact, you can still win with any deck, given correct circumstances. But if you are trying to be top tier, I think you would be better off with something else.

Everyones train of thought is Tier 2-3 but the problem here is it is a Slow Set Up if this slow setup was fixed it would automatically be amazing aswell. So to resolve this MEWSCOOPS DECK nuff said.

Storminn said:
Everyones train of thought is Tier 2-3 but the problem here is it is a Slow Set Up if this slow setup was fixed it would automatically be amazing aswell. So to resolve this MEWSCOOPS DECK nuff said.

MewScoops has it's own set of problems. It is also very slow, needing to set up Vileplume and Lost Zone 2 Pokemon before it gets rolling. This means that an opponent going aggro with Mewtwo T1 with them going first takes out 3 Pokemon, at least 2 of which will be Mews after a See Off.

Cinema said:
MewScoops has it's own set of problems. It is also very slow, needing to set up Vileplume and Lost Zone 2 Pokemon before it gets rolling. This means that an opponent going aggro with Mewtwo T1 with them going first takes out 3 Pokemon, at least 2 of which will be Mews after a See Off.

But Relicanth my friend. Relicanth Lost Zone while setting up with a 70 HP basic with a non physhic weakness yaaa.

I played MewScoops during Cities, and I think I was one of the first to think of it. But this format is way to fast for it now. During the Cities era there was nothing that could attack you turn 1. Like Cinema said, Mewtwo can now easily donk you, or if it doesn't, it can at least take a ton of prizes. Same thing with Tornadus EX. Even though you would think you could come back from even that many prizes down, you can't. You're going to miss at least 1 Double Freeze per game, and you'll probably also miss a Fly. The format is just too fast for it now.

I was going to buy all they single cards But then I knew you had to be right the posts of when VVV was good was back in September and November of 2011 with only Black and White Out with no EX's. I yes you guys were correct before even setting up everything would be KOed so I now decided to do a Much Stronger Vileplume deck and adjust my CMT I working on.

Back