Is This Fake Card Or Not?

Scolex

Aspiring Trainer
Okay So I got A Pack of Cards.
All of them had a extremely dark back of the card.
I was looking at a card and I Noticed some things different then the real card.

I just want to know what everyone thinks if its fake or not.

29z7ry1.jpg

I think it's a fake card, But How did I buy A Whole pack of fake cards?

Sorry, but this is fake. The fonts for HP and attack's damage are clearly not entirely correct, and the [P]s don't look right. The back of the card being darker's pretty much a giveaway, although older cards often do have darker backs for whatever reason.

Where did you buy the pack of cards from? In some places, they sell fakes. I remember a kid came into my league once, he had bought like 10 Lv. X's on his trip in Mexico, and they were all fake.

I bought them at walmart, Thats why I was doubting they were fake, I didn't think Walmart would sell fakes.

^Yeah, I've never had problems with Walmart, and usually larger chains are more reliable, so I don't know what's up with that. You could possibly try contacting Walmart and see what they say; I'm not sure of their policy on things like these.

I think with something like that, you're supposed to contact Pokemon themselves and let them know what happened. But it couldn't hurt to tell Walmart what happened.

It was repackaged. Walmart is known for buying packs that have been opened and tampered with from other people, then Walmart buys them for cheap. If it's not officially packaged by Pokemon, don't buy it.

@PikachewTofu
Is there a way to tell without buying the pack if the cards have been repackaged?
I use to buy all my cards from Wal-Mart but since these little events I think I'm going to stop. At least 4 kids at the league I go to have gotten fake cards from this.

If you just buy cards officially sold from the Pokemon company itself, you are gaurenteed legitmate cards. Just don't buy cards packaged by other companies.

Because of what "PikachewTofu" said, I'm curious... did you get it from one of those repackaged blisters (those that usually come with bonus cards) or an official blister?

I know that in Chinatown (& meny other places) sell fakes here (where I live).
If the price is under AUD$5.00, then there fakes, which I only use as set fillers or deck testing (crys'over her 4x FAKE Luxray G Lv.X's).

^ same thing at our outdoor swap meet. they have gotten pretty good to. they still cant get holographic cards down but the rest look pretty legit except the couple of spelling errors. but you would know when you get 2 legends in the same pack lol. that is a good idea just use them as proxies and test deck with them lol

@furiouswildcat
Yeah I got it from a blister Pack, Whats the difference between official and a repackaged one?

@Scolex

Your not asking about the diffrence in how they look, right?

You know how PikachewTofu said that you should only buy official ones... well there's a reason for that. Official blisters are most likely received directly from nintendo, meaning that there's no way there fake. On the other hand, repackaged blisster are usually from another company (not nintendo). They probably buy mass amounts of boosters for cheap (from another unknown source, probably clearing them out), and put them together into there own blisters for resale/ profit. Because of this, there is no possible way of knowing where those boosters actually came from.

... and not sure still if you meant official or repackaged by your response.

^They'll mostly come out of China (I know that the Fake YGO cards did~& Konami got realy pissed off @ UDE for doing it).

catutie said:
^ same thing at our outdoor swap meet. they have gotten pretty good to. they still cant get holographic cards down but the rest look pretty legit except the couple of spelling errors. but you would know when you get 2 legends in the same pack lol. that is a good idea just use them as proxies and test deck with them lol
I know someone who's got this in their LEGIT booster & it was from one of the HGSS Blister packs:
Donphan Prime
1 Rev.Holo* (which was a Rare Holo)
1 Rare*
3 Uncommons*
4 Commons*
2 TSS*
*= I'll fill this in when I can think of them.

Packs that have been repackged may have added bonus cards. But since some look just like regular packs you can always do this:

-Look at the back, if it has a plastic covering it should be gray, with some mubo jumbo about the set on it.
-It should also have Pokemon USA [copy right symbol] somewhere on it.
-It should always say somewhere on it in tiny wrighting "Pokemon USA"
-If the top left coner is yellow with something like "You get another 3 cards!!!!!!!" or "Get your ultra rare Storm Front Magikarp!!!!" or some other pokemon [any realy].

Hope this helps.

flea markets r notorius for selling fake packs...dont packs at a flea market unless u know the seller very well....

also walmart/target/kmart has nothing to do with the fake cards....they get cards in from pokemon usa (direct official) and secondary markets such as excell or LLC or etc....so basically when you buy a blister pack from a store make sure the back of the blister says pokemon USA (NOT excell, LLC, purchased from secondary market etc)...AND make sure the blister is completly sealed

Back