Is the Plasma Blast pre-release worth going to?

FoxKin45

Centipede / Eyepatch
Hey everyone! Just wondering if Plasma Blast will be worth going to. I have no need for any card in the set, and would love to rather save my money for X/Y, but I if I could pull some of the rares and full arts etc. then I could get some good trade value and get cards for my current deck. Suggestions?

FoxKin45 said:
I have no need for any card in the set, and would love to rather save my money for X/Y,

I think you have made the decision yourself!

Ok let me rephrase haha. Based on the trade value of the cards in the set, are they worth getting?

FoxKin45 said:
Ok let me rephrase haha. Based on the trade value of the cards in the set, are they worth getting?

I would say yes. This is probably going to be one of the only sets in a long time to be able to make a bit of cash on. I could see a loot of rogue decks that emerge from the set, as well as TDK counter decks (im looking at you azelf). So I would go, and worst case scenario, you pull 8 machamps.

Alex is wrong about that last bit. There are several Deck's that could use resistance-break, Machamp's relaxed Energy cost, and 120 (150 with Bangle) damage off of one attack.

Machamp takes 4 (might be 5 too lazy to check) energy to attack. Also resistance is only negated for [F] types, and the only good pokemon with resistance to that is tropius, and he gets OHKOD anyway

I would go to the prerelease, because if you pull Genesect, or Virizion you already got your money worth because they are worth about $25 I think.

You do get a deal by attending the pre-release but please don't be a party pooper for those who come to enjoy the event and fun tournament if you happen to get terrible pulls which can happen to anyone.

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
Machamp takes 4 (might be 5 too lazy to check) energy to attack. Also resistance is only negated for [F] types, and the only good pokemon with resistance to that is tropius, and he gets OHKOD anyway

I meant relaxed type-wise, requiring (F)(C)(C)(C) for its attack, and some interpretations of the Japanese text suggest that Machamp's Ability works on any type of Pokemon, provided that Pokemon has an (F) energy attached.

From what I've seen in the Megalo Cannon spoilers, its actually a pretty bad set. There's a very small number of playable cards (probably less than 10) and just "getting your money's worth" being the best you can do if you land a specific EX is not something to count on. Rogue decks will never increase the value or cards greatly unless the rogue deck wins something big (and I highly doubt any rogue cards in this set will be instrumental in winning a tournament) so they're rarely good trade bait. Machamp is not going to be any good; what does Resistance to {F} matter anyway? 3-4 energy on a Stage 2 for 120 with a drawback is awful.

The only real good part about going to a prerelease is trading anyways, so if you want to trade for cards, then go. Otherwise, save your money.

Because of people seeing possible potential in it, and it being a holo, I think Machamp will have some value, even though its bad, like Ho-oh EX.

SheNinja said:
Machamp might be good if that's the case. Could I have a link to a translation/scan?

I think Sawk will do better in the new set PLB

SawkMegaloCannon43.jpg

First attack: Square Kick
[C] 10+
If the Defending Pokémon is a Team Plasma Pokémon, this attack does 40 more damage.

Second attack: Low Sweep
[F][C][C] 60 damage

I will be going to a prerelease this weekend.If I catch anything good I'll post it here

Sawk is a great card in any deck to start with. Sawk + Silver Bangle + Laser against a Thundurus EX does 170, so it's a great opportunity to donk Plasma decks!

To be honest, it's fun to just go and try to make a decent deck out of 6 packs. Most of the time it is just a crazy cluster but can still be fun. Plus, if you get lucky with your pulls, it can more than pay for your pre-release. I am going to one this Saturday for sure. I remember my first pre-release was for Plasma Freeze and I got lucky enough to pull a Full Art Deoxys Ex, a regular Deoxys EX, and an absol. More than enough to make it worth going to that one. :)

Back