Pokemon Is Pokemon Usa Running Out Of Ideas?

AntiKrozz

It´s Shin-AK now
Ok...im pretty much sure that most of you people just readed the U.S. names for some pokemon from D/P...looked for a quiet spot in your houses, sat on a rock and start crying or screaming for those lame names...:D...(or i least i did, it´s not like i make tantrums so often)

but it´s just like some of those names made me think that the guys that tought those names where on medication or something, but the thing is that i hate some of those names...for examples:

Honchcrow...now i know, english is your native lenguage so this name might be aliked a lot, but i´m mexican, and this bird have a "Charro"( that kind of hats mariachis use here in mexico) hat on top of his head...so for me (and most of my friends) this bird deserved the name it was intended to have..."Donkrow" you all know what "don" means in spanish (if you dont, it means the same as Mr.)

then it comes "combee" pokemon...this name is quite catchy, i mean, i happen to love the name and then again hate it...because it come to think "when i saw this pokemon for the first time i yelled ¡¡¡it´ll be called COMBEE"...i swear it´ll carry that name forever...so now i think..if i came out with that name that easily...did they too?

ok...what do you think of the other names...let your voices be heard¡¡¡

Well, honestly if you don't like the names, you can just nickname them. And I just ignore names I don't like. Like I'll always think of Piplup as Pochama.

Honchkrow is named thus: "honcho" + "crow"

The head honcho of crows. Donkrow would have made a good name, as "don" also means king. The king of crows, Mr. crow, it's all the same thing. Honchkrow is a fitting name and I see nothing wrong with it

Combee is an absolutely perfect name. It's literally a honeycomb bee. Comb bee. It doesn't take much to figure that one out. I should have figured it out before.

In a year's time, everyone will be calling them by their proper names. Just you wait and see. :)

i´ll give you that...anyway...those names...i don´t now...
thanks for that honcho explanation, i didn´t get it that way so thinking about it it kinda fits...but i´d rather it to be Donkrow...

ah well ...
It could always been worser ...

http://Pokémon.net/?pageid=g,54,12&lang=[url=http://

that´s right...take for example bronzong...i´m sorry, but doomirror and bronzeal sounds better to me...but then again, if they´d named that Pokemon "Bronzoul" or Doombell"...those would have been names that i could actually hate.

Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson said:
Honchkrow is named thus: "honcho" + "crow"

The head honcho of crows. Donkrow would have made a good name, as "don" also means king. The king of crows, Mr. crow, it's all the same thing. Honchkrow is a fitting name and I see nothing wrong with it

Combee is an absolutely perfect name. It's literally a honeycomb bee. Comb bee. It doesn't take much to figure that one out. I should have figured it out before.

In a year's time, everyone will be calling them by their proper names. Just you wait and see. :)

Ack... I have to admit you're right about how everyone'll start calling them by their English names. I still like the Japanese names better.

But, not to differ from the immediate topic, I do think they're running out of ideas. Why? Well, look at some of the names. "Lickylicky"? Yeah right. It's self-explanatory.

Shawn out.

magmortar, rhypherior and electivire are too loooonnnnggg names.:D the names are so complicated. i think they should think twice about the names, and change it :D are the names permanent?

yeah, i guess they are permanent.

Anyway, I really think that they are running out of ideas nowadays. They make weird and ( for some ) hated names. Compare the names of 1st gen pokemon to the new gen pokemon...there's this BIG difference between 'em. The sources for the names of 4th gen. Pokemon are not like before which are researched on. Its not "well done". Well, thats my opinion. :D

Couldn't be better:
Magmortar-What do you think when you hear it?Powerful!:D
combee-It couldn't of fitted any better
rhyperior-superior and rhyno!it is superior!like its name:)
wormadam-yet again perfect
abomasnow-is the abominadable(LOL!) snowman.
infernape-Mabye the best name ever!!!you can just feel all firey as soon as you hear it.

all good names.i dont know why people conmplain.

Arcanine 274 said:
I think they're running out of ideas for the Pokemon, not the names.  Everything looks like Digimon now :/

Arcanine out.

God...you nailed it, that´s absolutely true. that´s exactly what i said the first time i saw blaziken...and the fact that i hate digimon so much (since i belive they just snatched the idea from sugimory) did´nt helped. take for example dialga and palkia...

and about the names... i don´t now, rhyperior?...what about Superhyno? Electaboost...Magmantle, ...

Back