Is P!P Going to Break Sableye?

i think P!P should just make the new rules to limit cardplay for the player going first to just pokemon and supporters. this will allow the first play to set up, but not dominate the game. playing collector on a first turn really balances out the game for both players

They already made the rules and there would be WAY too much confusion to change it all of a sudden like that. This is Pokemon we are talking about here, they usually know what they are doing. As Mr.619 <3 pointed out earlier, they are going to do something. Do you guys seriously think they would purposely do something to ruin their game?

Also, completely changing an effect on a card to something different would be WAY too confusion. The only thing they could possibly do that wouldn't cause confusion is ban cards.

@Ironman: Well, too late for that. They already printed the rule book for this set; they can't take it back.

Oh no, look at me, I can't find a way to counter a card in a constantly changing card game.
I must complain about it.

I will point out that I have not played the game in a long time, so I can guarantee I'll get a reply with either 2 sentences or 3 paragraphs detailing about how broken Sableye is and how it should be banned. I realize perfectly that it is very possible to start the game with something like an Unown Q or something with low HP and your opponent starts with Sableye, a special Dark, and a couple Crobat G.
But that just means you didn't have very good luck with your starting hand.
This is a game about luck.
Take advantage of the luck.
If you can't find a way to beat a card, then find a counter or start using the card instead of complaining about it. Otherwise, in my honest opinion, you don't deserve to play this game.

Simply eratta sableye so that if you go first useing it's body you can't play trainers T1. And if nothing gets done about, listen to pokefan.

@Pokefan, It doesnt matter what they start they will always win unless somehow you start a full bench and a high HP active ex. Dragonite FB. They always have the cards they need to keep cycling through the deck and the entire deck is virtually gone by the end of their turn. Im going to put up a video of a Sabledonk playing a Plox deck so since you say you havent been playing for a while just check it out.

GHJamesGH said:
Pokefan4000, you are ignorant about how this deck works. Do some math, then get back to me.
And...math has to do with this...how? You're not exactly giving your point very well.

thefleeee said:
@Pokefan, It doesnt matter what they start they will always win unless somehow you start a full bench and a high HP active ex. Dragonite FB. They always have the cards they need to keep cycling through the deck and the entire deck is virtually gone by the end of their turn. Im going to put up a video of a Sabledonk playing a Plox deck so since you say you havent been playing for a while just check it out.
If Sabledonk always wins, stop playing Luxchomp and play Sabledonk. I really don't see how hard it is to play with the best cards in the game.

Pokefan4000 thank you for knowing how to play the TCG. Guys complaining isn't going to get you anywhere, strategy to beat Sableye is to deal with it, or play it.

We are complaining because it make the games very boring. We are discussing about how this card can be changed. (Personally, I don't care because I know it is not going to be played as much. see my previous post)

@Pokefan

Pokemon is a game based on luck but Sabledonk doesn't even let us the chance to flip a coin in the beginning of the match and draw a card from your 47 remaining cards. So it took the "luck: part out of the game.

@Vupixyolk

Why Pokemon would transform the meta into ONLY Sableye and Spiritomb? Isn't it already very boring with SPs in the format? New decks like Magnerock, Machamp are becoming more and more popular (even Genchomp)... and bye to them? Why not just take out the Sableye or errata it so this game can be more fun? The solution is what we are currently trying to find out in this thread.

It is hard to take your argument seriously when you are calling Machamp a new deck, lol. Anyways people don't understand, Sablelock doesn't win every game, you don't need to play 4 Spiritomb or 4 Sableye to beat it. It loses if it goes second, which is 30 % of the time right off the bat, it loses if you get a 4 Pokemon start, which isn't hard if you increase your basic count, it also loses a good amount of the time because of misplays or inconsistency, it isn't like it automatic wins if you aren't playing Spiritomb, you are more like to lose to a Luxchomp. Given that I feel that something should be done about Sableye, not because it is overpowered, uncreative, cheap deck, that takes no talent to play is in the format.

Exactly. If you're playing in a constantly changing format, adapt. Prove that you're a living thing and adapt to the game's environment.

Pokemon, believe it or not, looks at these websites. The more we complain, the more they will be inclined to do something. Also, if you have never looked at this game in mathematical terms, don't even bother replying to me, as you are not worth listening to.

@Vulpix Yolk, the chances of starting with 4 basics is so low, it's not even realistic. And the thing is, Sableye is going to go first 73% of the time you aren't playing the mirror.

@Ignorant People: Getting lucky is not a strategy to beat Sabledonk.

GHJamesGH said:
Sableye is going to go first 73% of the time you aren't playing the mirror.

90% of statistics are made up. Prove it. Also I've been playing 4 Unown R in all my lists, plus some Mespirts and I have been start 4 Pokemon a good amount of the time.

^o_O....mind=blown. with a deck that is 70% fool proof....it is pretty much unstoppable. to add...that is just the first turn. i know donk decks get weaker as the turns stack but they have a whole second turn. its to powerful

Not gonna lie, if Sableye doesn't donk, it usually doesnt win. You have to play your Blowers right to pull it off if you dont donk. Even if you can do that, you still have a good chance of decking yourself.

Thanks James, I wanted to see the numbers, far too lazy to do that myself. I think that everyone can agree that donks are no fun, the card should be broke, not because it is unstoppable, but because donks are dumb and ruin the game. If you think about the numbers though, play at a 9 round tournament, you would only be going 7-2/6-3, at Nats that barely tops.

Pokefan and Vulpix Yolk win this thread, with an overwhelming majority.

While I agree that Sableye can make a duel quite imbalanced if the opponent gets a great start...oh yeah, that's right, a great start. That isn't always possible. I honestly think, personally, that the problem with this whole thing is either Overeager, Overconfident, or the new B/W rules set: it's one of those three. Remove or restrict any one of those three, and problem solved. (This is just my opinion, however.) Sablelock I don't have as much of a problem with, as the strategy behind it is actually pretty intriguing.

But that's no reason to complain about this deck, is there? If something will be done, hooray; if not, we're losing Sableye in 4 months anyway, so suck it up.

^ I like the first turn trainer things asides from the donks, personally, I think Pokemon could fix all the flaws, including Sableye, in the current format and regain a lot of player support if they simple made it so you don't lose if your field gets clear, they just get an extra prize or something.

Back