Is P!P Going to Break Sableye?

ProfessorJ said:
^^I like how you posted that right after gliscor said not to.. :p

but anyways, I think that this whole "sableye breaks the format" thing is being overhyped. double spiritomb (which really isnt that hard to do now that we can play supporters/trainers on the first turn) and vileplume shut the entire deck down, then if you can keep the trainer lock going after t2-3 they lose. thats all there is to it.

IMO sabldonk decks will fall to any form of consistent trainer lock.
Yes, double Spiritomb would be very helpful against Sabledonk, but you said it's not that hard to get double Spiritomb because you can play trainers on the first turn. The problem with that is you don't get to go first because if you're up against Sableye, your opponent will go first so you can't play Trainers or Supporters.

Sableye was annoying enough as it was, and that was before going first was good. Now it just breaks the game in my opinion. I personally have never like first turn donk style decks. I hope they do a mid-season rotation to HGSS and above just to prevent this kind of cheap playing. Its going to be ridiculous if not because:

1. The ability to play 2 supporters first turn gives an unspeakable advantage.

2. His attack can knock our lots of other basics and starters especially when combined with E-belt, Plus Power, Snowpoint etc.

3. Sableye automatically goes first unless up against another Sableye. Going first now has the advantage. He was designed when going first was the pits. The new format makes it opportune to go first.

I hope they do do a mid-season rotation just to prevent Sable-donk OHKO matches. Otherwise the game won't be much fun at tournaments anymore.

Dr. Mason said:
Vulpix Yolk said:
If Sableye doesn't get broken, I'm not going to bother running 4 Tomb in everything because I hate that card. I'm just going to hope no one is enough of a jerk to play it, and that I don't run into any, or hope their deck is inconsistent when I play them. I'll take the auto loss to the 2 Sableyes I might play at Nats, and beat everything else because they are playing 4 useless Spirtomb.

I severely doubt they won't play it. Even when everybody hated them, GG and Luxchomp kept getting played.

Top players will play whatever makes them win, whether that's a good thing or not.

*sigh* It's this mentality that makes me go for months where I don't play.

No one runs creative decks competitively anymore. They run decks that donk or auto-win and for what? So they can win with a deck they most of the time don't like or have any attachment to.

I run Crobat Prime/Trainer -Lock deck. I made it from scratch and beat my fair share of "auto-win" decks to get 4th place at my last cities.

I just hope they do a rotation and possibly do more rotations in the future to keep the game fresh. Honestly, do we really need another 1-2 years where eveyone only runs one of 4 decks just to make sure they win while good well structured decks get pushed aside for being "too slow/not basic"

MisaMouri said:
*sigh* It's this mentality that makes me go for months where I don't play.

No one runs creative decks competitively anymore. They run decks that donk or auto-win and for what? So they can win with a deck they most of the time don't like or have any attachment to.

I run Crobat Prime/Trainer -Lock deck. I made it from scratch and beat my fair share of "auto-win" decks to get 4th place at my last cities.

I just hope they do a rotation and possibly do more rotations in the future to keep the game fresh. Honestly, do we really need another 1-2 years where eveyone only runs one of 4 decks just to make sure they win while good well structured decks get pushed aside for being "too slow/not basic"

Welcome to competitive TCG. May I take your order?

Im just posting here to express how happy I am that my 3rd favorite Pokemon does awesome in the TCG.

Thats all I have to say. I know nothing about the TCG, so I cant really discuss it.

Here's how the metagame works:

It's a very real possibility that regions have their own metagame (if you can choose to call it that). The reason netdecking exists is because some archetypes do extremely well in many different places, or the deck does so well in the hands of one (or a few) very skilled or well-known players and it's posted online. If you're familiar with psychology, it's not unlike the phenomenon of the collective unconscious.

The game is certainly going to slow down because of this decision, which isn't entirely a bad thing. There were other donk decks in the format before Sableye, but none were as consistent as Sableye seems to be. Can you donk post-rotation? Probably. Is it as easy? Certainly not.

I dunno if it still can be discussed if P!P will ban Sableye but... going to the last post (TheBreen) the true thing is that donk would be more difficult, IMO. The only potential of donking would be probably Zekrom with Pachirisu and Shaymin, and it's still not a guaranteed donk (I've tested it). Decks with nice techs such as Serperior/Reuniclus would be very hard to build (at least you will need some turns to build everything), and faster decks would not be as solid as before.

Sableye will be banned -I mean, out of format- and with the entire SP engine with it. Metagame will be slower. Peace will prevail in TCG... until pokemon catcher appears.

I can see Pokemon Catcher being rediculous with Zekrom, can you image that with Seeker to ensure a One Turn Donk? I just have a feeling that Zekrom will become our next format's Sableye and that could be a very bad thing.

zekrom donk will be a force. But remember, the rotation before nats is supposedly tentative. It would be unwise for them to not rotate at least to RR-on before nats. I think the best way to beat zekrom donk, is to have your own zekrom. Then outrage. Cuz the 3 pokemon and a plus power is even harder to pull off than the standard zekronk ;)

if we all have the mindset that it's going to be hs-on and NOBODY plays sabledonk during BR's.. Then rotation may not happen till after worlds.. We can't have that nonsense.

Back