Discussion Is Ninetales PRC still worth playing?

akisett

Aspiring Trainer
I was building a Darkrai/Hypno deck and had an idea to include Ninetales with the Barrier Shrine ability to keep All Night Party in play, since Darkrai seems quite reliant on the stadium for damage. However, I was afraid of Delinquent - if someone used Delinquent to discard All Night Party, I would not be able to put the stadium back up again at all, since Ninetales' ability prevents me from putting down stadiums as well.

I've also seen M-Rayquaza decks include Ninetales before to keep Sky Field in play, but I'm not sure if this would be worth it now with the risk of Delinquent.

So my question is this - with the addition of Delinquent, is it still worth it to play Ninetales in decks that really want to win the stadium war and keep their stadium in play?

If you have room for a 1-1 line of Ninetails, you have 2 more spots for a Stadium.

it's way easier to access the 2 stadiums instead of the 1-1 ninetails line in a game. Unless you're playing a sky field deck where you're risking losing bench, then i can see some use for ninetails.

Hex Maniac's a thing, 1-1 line's are cloggy, one of those pieces of the 1-1 line can even get Prized...it's just inconsistent.

When Primal Clash was released I was so hyped for ninetails. Played it in a lot of decks. Now... it's gone. Delinquent destroyed that card. :(

I think that card has been neglected since long before Delinquent to be honest.

Hex maniac is a 1 of in every deck now. It's kind of dangerous since someone can hex maniac, play their own stadium, and if you can't find one next turn, your nine tails is locking their stadium in place.

Hex maniac is a 1 of in every deck now. It's kind of dangerous since someone can hex maniac, play their own stadium, and if you can't find one next turn, your nine tails is locking their stadium in place.

I personally think it depends on what the deck has room for. True people run Hex Maniac now, but in all honesty it's no different than when people ran Garbodor or when they run Wobboffett. I can see it being highly useful in decks that use Sky Field. While they could Hex Maniac you, it also requires them to be able to draw in to it and their stadium or forcing them to search it out just to replace the stadium, with that said it could be advantageous as well because you're forcing them waste more resources to just counter your stadium. So in that mind, your force the Hex earlier on or possibly a VS Seeker for them just to cancel out your Stadium and possibly any type of draw support for that turn. Besides, I most likely would have an AZ in my deck to simply scoop it up if my opponent tried to use my lock against me.

Back