Is Gengar Lv.X good or bad?

Well Garchomp is not really that compatible with Gengar. You can still load 3 energy on it with out Garchomp and still is fast.

It's good because it adds something new to Gengar-Crobat variants, namely a good spread attack. Still, I'm not a big fan of Gengar overall. The Level Down is useful because it totally reaps the otherwise hard Legoes matchups among some others. Still, with AoA having some other cards to reckon with, I do think the X is nice, but not "enough" to give Gengar the edge for tournament play once more. I may be wrong though.

The HP and the power is always good against a Flygon deck. The problem that I encounter the most with Flygon is decking out.

Shadowwiidragon said:
It doesn't work to well with Metal Gengar. I saw others at league playing Gengar Lv.X with Gallade E4 Lv.X.

Looks like the Gengar Lv. X is going in my trade binder then, makes since that I'd be ran with Gallade 4 Lv. X since it's best suited for spreading than sniping.

I think it is good with Gallade E4 Lv.X, never said that you didn't have to play the deck. It's just my opinion.

I think it's really good. It gives Gengar an already powerful deck 30 more HP. And it let's it return lv.x to their decks! And also the attack is pretty cool, you can just play it with Prinplup DP or something that spreads like it. You can run Luxray GL and Curse gar to ko queens really quick.

The way i play it is 4 gastly sf, 2 haunter(poison), 2 gengar sf, 1 gengar(curse), gengar lv.x w/gardevoir pl so that i can snipe stuff with gengar sf then switch energies to gar lv.x and compound pain

Exactly how are you switching energies, Curse Gengar only transfers damage counters not energies. Besides being Psychic Type I don't see how Gardevoir SW has any good synergy with Curse Gengar and it's Lv. X

Combining Dusknoir Lv. X with Gengar Lv. X can be deadly but you need your Dusknoir Lv. X Knocked out to use Ectoplasm Poke Power to use Dusknoir Lv. X as a Stadium Card to put damage counters on your opponents pokemon and use compound pain to all of your opponent's pokemon unless if it has Unown G or Bench Sheild then it would be useless but if they don't they're all doomed!

TwilightErik said:
Combining Dusknoir Lv. X with Gengar Lv. X can be deadly but you need your Dusknoir Lv. X Knocked out to use Ectoplasm Poke Power to use Dusknoir Lv. X as a Stadium Card to put damage counters on your opponents pokemon and use compound pain to all of your opponent's pokemon unless if it has Unown G or Bench Sheild then it would be useless but if they don't they're all doomed!

Unown G doesn't stop compound pain.

The idea could work, but I've never been a fan of running two energy hungry stage 2's.

Back