Is a Promo worth anything except your own use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

o0Flint0o

Aspiring Trainer
I'm talking Promos you find in front of the tin. Are they worth anything in any form of trade?

Depends on the cost of the tin. If you buy a Kyurem EX tin with 4 packs for 20 dollars, you could assume that each of the packs are 4 dollars each and that the promo is also 4 dollars. If the card is bad, though, you might not have very much luck.

it depends on the card, and how old it is
some promos will just warm spots in your binder, others will have some competitive use and be tradable, but wont be much because they are promos

then every once in awhile we will get a promo like promocroak, which is very good in a lot of decks, and only available as a promo, causing it to sell fast

promocroak was about $25 before it rotated(which was more than the retail price of the book it came with)

Like Spidy said, it really depends on the card. If the card is playable it'll be worth something, but if it's not then the card will be worth very little. The upcoming EX promos will be worth more than past promos. I can see them being around $8 a piece because they're so playable.

I belive promo card are worth something. I`ve traded them to friends (they knew they were promo cards). Also i have quite a few of the older ones and thouse are worth a few bucks now depending on the card. So truthfully I think it depends on the age of the promo card and how bad someone wants it.

This a big question. What is a Pokemon Organized Play promo woth in a trade? These are usually pretty hard to get unless you get lucky in a retail store or just happen to be at a tournament when they came out. I have 2 POP Eevee's Would this Eevee be worth 2-3 rares depending on the trade? I trade these cards or type of cards high only trades XD Is this the best way since I was only able to get these retail when their promotion was going on? Thanks XD.:)

A common from a POP set is still only worth a few cents. The only cards that are worth a lot are the rares and ultra rares (Stars, exs etc.)

I could really care less if I'm trading for a regular or a promo, as long as it does the same thing, unless one of the arts is just unbearably ugly. In fact, I would rather trade for a promo when I can since I have to trade less for about the same card.

A promo from a tin would most likely be worth more in a trade to a player than it would to a collector. However, I imagine that a competionist collector would want the promo as well... still, they are probably worth more to a player than a collector.

Really, as long as the promo is a holo (or non-holo Ultra Rare), the older it gets, the more valuable it gets. Of course this really doesn't apply to Wizards promos because they were so mass produced, but the tin promos from the ex series can get up in value as well as the ex and star cards from the POP sets.

I think for the most part they are all awesome! ^0^ I try to buy at least 1 of each tin promo!!! Unless of course its a re-print with no alternative art :( tradewise.. if its holo yeah I would try to trade for it :) I use them in battling and for my binder to make it as despratly pretty as possible lololol.

So you guys are saying a common promo is still worth only a common and not a rare? That does not make sense. They have to be worth more than just a common and a Holo promo like this is not just worth a holo. These are not unlimited cards. They were cards only given out at specific times which technically makes them harder to get right? Therefore they should be worth a lot more than a common if it is a common and a Holo if it is a holo. These holos should be worth 2 holos a piece because they are that much harder to get XD.:)

xxashxx said:
So you guys are saying a common promo is still worth only a common and not a rare? That does not make sense. They have to be worth more than just a common and a Holo promo like this is not just worth a holo. These are not unlimited cards. They were cards only given out at specific times which technically makes them harder to get right? Therefore they should be worth a lot more than a common if it is a common and a Holo if it is a holo. These holos should be worth 2 holos a piece because they are that much harder to get XD.:)

...Um...Actually...I was talking about the promos inside of the tin. (I said it earlier up there ^^^)
I know event promos are worth more :p

The new tins coming out ( the ones with Rayquaza, Mewtwo, and Darkrai EX) will have at least some worth as they are all great cards.

raymond25962 said:
The new tins coming out ( the ones with Rayquaza, Mewtwo, and Darkrai EX) will have at least some worth as they are all great cards.

Yeah, most of the time when tins first come out, the cards in them usually reach around $5 if they are Ultra Rares.

o0Flint0o said:
...Um...Actually...I was talking about the promos inside of the tin. (I said it earlier up there ^^^)
I know event promos are worth more :p

Oh yeah that makes sense now. Anyway yeah those are usually worth the same as a regular card because everyone can get those pretty easily as all you need is about $20.00 and you get the promos. Some tins give you more than 1 promo. Usually is by accident but I had it happen with one of my 3rd gen EX tins XD.:)

Depends on the promo. I've seen tin Promos that range from $3.00 thru $9.00.

I only use Promos that I need for decks. Other than that they're in my collection.

What is the holo Pikachu and Meowth promo worth from the first EX set from 3rd gen? The metal tin promos? They are Black Star holos I think XD.:)

Brave Vesperia said:
Depends on the promo. I've seen tin Promos that range from $3.00 thru $9.00.

I only use Promos that I need for decks. Other than that they're in my collection.

Amen to that. The older Promos are obviously more valuable. They're offered at a specific time so those are definitely worth some cash. (Like the First Movie Promos.) Those offered in tins aren't as much, unless they're playable, because anyone can get 'em over like a three-to-four month period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back