INFERNAPE's 5th Spriting Contest! It's Over!

RE: INFERNAPE's Reunion (5th) Spriting Contest! Scores for round 2 are up!

Awesome. I seem to be doing alright. :) Though I need to start aiming a little higher if I want to compete in later rounds, I suspect.

This next round sounds interesting! It'll be nice to just out and out design something this time, and I certainly don't mind helping out my partner. Pokémaniac, I'll be shooting some ideas your way later (assuming you don't PM me first).

Wow, cool idea. Glad to be working with you, staraptor ^_^

I have something AWESOME planned for this.

INFERNAPE, does the fakemon have to be normal sprite size? I wanted to make one quite a bit bigger...

LMK, I want to start work ASAP.

poipon said:
Awesome. I seem to be doing alright. :)

I knew you would. Once I saw the sprite you entered in Muddy's contest, I could tell you were a good spriter, and that you would do well in my contest. =]

Fridge said:
INFERNAPE, does the fakemon have to be normal sprite size?

No. It can be any size, but it has to be sprited.

^ Thanks.

People, prepare to be amazed ^_^ - literally.

I am confident that this time I've got a good idea. I'm working on it now, and I'm liking whats done. Big project thouhg - won't be done until at least friday. INFERNAPE, I'm not going to be here on the 17th, Is it Ok if I enter it on Thursday or Friday? Thanks.

Fridge said:
INFERNAPE, I'm not going to be here on the 17th, Is it Ok if I enter it on Thursday or Friday? Thanks.

Of course. =]

INFERNAPE said:
I could tell you were a good spriter, and that you would do well in my contest. =]
Awwwe, thanks! :)

Fridge and INFERNAPE said:
[sprite stuff]
Hmm. What would your cutoff be for sprites, then? I tend to draw with 1px solid lines, but I wouldn't necessarily call my results sprites.

This is going to require some thought!

^If I'm correct, thats a pixel drawing, not a sprite. I think a sprite needs a specific quiality of shading, and outline shading too. Also, it really big. Alot bigger than I described as big.

Well, yes, that's why I wouldn't necessarily call my drawing one. ^^; I'd like to know INFERNAPE's personal specifications so I won't toe that line if it comes to it (though I doubt it will).

Ummm.... The entire thing was scratched. ._. How is that too basic? The idea wasn't that it was Smeargle fused with Kirby, but it was a Kirby that had swallowed a Smeargle, gaining Smeargle (Artist if you will) powers, like in the games. But in game, Kirby just gets a new hat and a weapon when he fuses.

Oh well. It should be a pleasure to work with Poipon on this. =)

poipon said:
Well, yes, that's why I wouldn't necessarily call my drawing one. ^^; I'd like to know INFERNAPE's personal specifications so I won't toe that line if it comes to it (though I doubt it will).

I wouldn't consider what you made a sprite. It is way to big.

The sprite should not be any bigger then the attached file.

Pokémaniac said:
Ummm.... The entire thing was scratched. ._. How is that too basic? The idea wasn't that it was Smeargle fused with Kirby, but it was a Kirby that had swallowed a Smeargle, gaining Smeargle (Artist if you will) powers, like in the games. But in game, Kirby just gets a new hat and a weapon when he fuses.

I know what you mean, but a Kirbymon is not something from a Kirby game.

Attachments

• Wordsprite.PNG
    Wordsprite.PNG
    540 bytes · Views: 24

Wow I won, definitely wasn't expecting that :) Thanks a lot INFERNAPE =] The points will definitely come in handy in this next round =]

How that actually is a great round idea, I don't normally like team collaborations (as I like to make my thing my way) but this challenge gives off the team feel without the major collaboration, great idea!

Thanks for the clarification. :) I'll begin work on my design soon.

I'm just surprised I didn't get eleminated. lol What's a fakemon??? lol I'm a little rusty

Bonsly: It's exactly what it sounds like, a creation of a fake Pokemon, usually a mixture of Scratching and a bit of fusioning. All though it should look like an entirely new Pokemon.

3/10 for Effort, and 5/10 for Originality. :/ I guess turning from the traditional Kirbymon and using Kirbies as Exeggutor's heads has been done a million times. My bad.

MylesPrower said:
3/10 for Effort, and 5/10 for Originality. :/ I guess turning from the traditional Kirbymon and using Kirbies as Exeggutor's heads has been done a million times. My bad.

Myles please don't get mad at me. To be honest, I have see many Exeggutor Kirbymon exactly like yours.

Effort also stands for cleaness. Like how much time you put into making the sprite look clean, and your sprite was very messy, that's why you got a low score for Effort. When I judge, I take the time out to rate your sprites as accurately as possible, so please don't think I just through the scores up there. They are there for a reason.

I'm not mad. I was just disappointed. I'll make a better Fakemon.

MylesPrower said:
I'm not mad. I was just disappointed. I'll make a better Fakemon.

I guess I misinterpited what you said. Sorry. =[

It's hard to tell the meaning of something when It's typed. xD

INFERNAPE, the round is proving to take longer than I thought. Since I won't be here on the 17th, is it Ok if I give it on on the sunday? I am in a timezone quite far behind, so it will only be about half a day late, really. I just can't get it in by the deadline. Is anyone else having this trouble? Or am I just working on something too big? Anyways, please let me know. I understand if you can't extend the round, but I only need 1 more day.

Thanks,

Fridge.

I honestly feel this round might need an extension. Coordinating two people is bit more of a task than just making something and turning it in (and as a fakemon, there's a design stage beyond 'okay, which two Pokemon would look cool if you stuffed them together in a blender'). I wouldn't mind a little extra time to plan. :)

Back