INFERNAPE's 5th Spriting Contest! It's Over!

RE: INFERNAPE's Reunion (5th) Spriting Contest! Round 3 ends January 19th at 9:00 Pm Est!

Pleased know, INFERNAPE, that I will have my sprite done by the end of the Australian day. I don't know how that fits in with your timezones.

Please wait for me. I've put a lot into what I've got so far and I don't want it to be for nothing.

RE: INFERNAPE's Reunion (5th) Spriting Contest! Round 3 ends January 19th at 9:00 Pm Est!

-Removed until finished

I know. It sucks. It reeks. It fails. It looks like crap. I know. This, however, is all I had the time for. I couldn't finish, so yeah.

EDIT: If I have a few extra hours, I'd like to finish it.

Gah. I've been so, so busy that I haven't had much time to work on my sprite or help Pokémaniac with his. I'm apologizing publicly on the increasingly likely chance I don't turn anything in in an hour and twenty. :( Sorry, dudes.

As of now, most of the contestants have not entered a sprite. So, I will give everyone a few extra hours. Hopefully a few of you will be able to turn in a sprite by then.

fakemonfinal.png

Dex Entry: The yellow marks on it's body glow when it digs in the ground. Its tail is a drill, it uses that to make tunnels in the groud. He he digs backwards, tail first, using his yellow marks as a guide.
Type: Rock/Ground
Name: Chuppa (Chew-Pah)
After what animal: Prarie Dog

I know it doesn't look to good. Sorry. Peace.

arachnefin.png

Ta dah!

Well, if poipon had finished her entry (or if she does) the idea was that we would have a pair of rival Pokemon. We decided to base it off of the story of Athena and Arachne, in which Athena was jealous of Arachne, a mortal who beat her in a crafts contest. She turned Arachne into a spider as punishment. This is the Arachnemon, designed by popoin, sprited by me. I would've put more time in the shading, but the time limit was approaching fast.

Wow, that is great Pokemaniac, seriously, wow! I just had to comment, and how the story behind it would work, that's great!

Mine evolves from Bonsly's sprite...

Fakemon_For_Infernapes_Contest-1.png

First off, I would like to thank the contestants that have entered their sprite. Thanks guys! But, since only six people have entered a sprite, I will have to extend the round.

For those who have not entered a sprite, you have until 9:00 pm Est tomorrow to do so. If you don't get your entry in by then, you will be eliminated.

Moneyking63 said:
Wow, that is great Pokemaniac, seriously, wow! I just had to comment, and how the story behind it would work, that's great!

Thanks! But the actual design goes to poipon- I just made her concepts into a sprite.

I too like the idea of this round, but it needs to be way longer. 2 people organising something special takes a long time, especially when they're busy and live on oppisite sides of the world. I just hope poion can hand something in! =P

I didn't know the sprites could be huge like that, I thought it would have to be something like a DP sprite. haha oh well.

Gah, I think it's finished now. Still not very good.

9a1gep.jpg

Round 3 is now over.

Scores will be up later tonight or tomorrow. =]

/me is wriggling with anticipation.

Here are the scores for round 3:

We will not be doing the team challenge this round. Because, three contestants did not turn in a sprite and, that leaves me with an odd number of people. So, this will just be a regular round.....

I liked the idea of a team challenge, so later on in the contest there will be another one. Hopefully....xD

Fridge

Effort: 8.5/10. The detail on the hands are great, but the mouth looks unfinished.
Originality: 7/10.
Overall: 7/10. It's sloppy in a few areas, but it looks cool.
Totat Score: 22.5/30

-------------

Moneyking63

Effort: 5.5/10. It looks to easy....
Originality: 7/10.
Overall: 7/10. It's a solid fakemon.
Totat Score: 21.5/30 (Added the +2 bonus to his total score).

--------------

Charizard88

Effort: 5/10. The outlines really bad. =/
Originality: 4/10.
Overall: 4/10. Way to sloppy. It looks rushed.
Totat Score: 13/30.

--------------

Staraptor

Effort: 4/10. The sprite is just to basic....
Originality: 3/10. It looks like a normal bird with green wings.
Overall: 4/10. It not a bad scratch...it's just really basic. Try and do something a bit harder next time.
Totat Score: 11/30.

--------------

Pokémaniac

Effort: 10/10. The detail is great. This must have taken awhile. Very, very nice job
Originality: 10/10. I have never seen anything like it.
Overall: 10/10. I love everything about it. Especialy the eyes...they give a very spooky look. Overall, it's a very nice fakemon, great job.
Totat Score: 30/30.

--------------

MylesPrower

Effort: 5.5/10. The eyes are nice, but the tree trunk doesn't have any shading.
Originality: 4/10. Evil tree monster...it's been done before. =/
Overall: 5/10.
Totat Score: 14.5/30

--------------

bonsly1994

Effort: 8.5/10. Nice job on keeping it clean.
Originality: 4/10. It looks like a prairy(sp?) dog.
Overall: 7.5/10. It looks very nice, but next time make it look more like a pokemon, instead of a real-life animal....
Totat Score: 20/30.

----------------------------
Everyone who entered a sprite will not be eliminated.

Here are the contests that have been eliminated:
  • ShotGunn415 (Did not enter a sprite)
  • Prof. Shinx (Did not enter a sprite)
  • poipom (Did not enter a sprite)

Winner of round 3:
Pokémaniac (+2 will be added to your total score next round).
------------

Round 4:
Fusion of five Pokemon...but wait...there is a little twist to this round. xD

I will give each of you a type of Pokemon you can use to fuse. For instance, say I said your type is water pokemon, you can only use pokemon with the water type. If the pokemon has two types, it's fine, you just have to make sure that the pokemon has the required type.

Fridge: Bug.
Moneyking63: Dragon.
Staraptor: Electric.
Charizard88: Psychic.
Pokémaniac: Dark.
bonsly1994: Fire.
MylesPrower: Steel.

Due Date: January 24th at 9:00 Pm Est.

Good luck!

Wow!!! A perfect 30 out of 30? =D Yay!

I would've thought that last round being a bonus round, no-one would be eliminated. Poipon was a great help to me, even if she didn't turn in a sprite, and should really be allowed to stay in. Also, Prof. Shinx's internet played up on him, so it wasn't his fault he couldn't get in. But you're the judge.

This is a very interesting task. Dark is a fairly limiting type, missing out on an entire generation and barely being included in the next, but there are some cool Pokemon in the limited pool of darks that could fit together nicely. =)

RE: INFERNAPE's Reunion (5th) Spriting Contest! Scores are up!

Pokémaniac said:
I would've thought that last round being a bonus round, no-one would be eliminated. Poipon was a great help to me, even if she didn't turn in a sprite, and should really be allowed to stay in. Also, Prof. Shinx's internet played up on him, so it wasn't his fault he couldn't get in. But you're the judge.

To be honest, I would love to have them all back, but that wouldn't be very fair to the contestants who worked hard on getting their sprite in before the deadline.

Wow. I'm ok with my score, I guess its good for a messed up iece of jun k. Ok, will begin fusino soon ^_^

I knew I'd do badly. =P
Oh well. There's always this round.

:O :O

I didn't get my fire pokemon. :( Oh well I will make do with psychic I guess. (;))

Back