Discussion In the zone: Zebstrika actually seems quite good

Danglesmcjangles

Spice Master General
I know there has been a thread about Breakpoint Zebstrika and it's attack. But I haven't seen too much about it's ability which honestly seems pretty useful.

"Zap zone
Damage from the attacks of your Pokémon isn't affected by any effects on your opponent's Active Pokémon."

I think this card is an amazing tech, possibly even a staple in decks like manectric/bats, M Manectric, and possibly even nightmarch.

This ability would allow you to hit Regice, with any EX lighting attacker, namely Manectric and M manectric. It would also allow you to hit Pyroar with Raikou, Manectric, and joltik. Giratina's renegade pulse would no longer cripple M Manectric and Aegislash would be more manageable for Night march and possible decks running Flash Energy or DCE.

Other applications could allow you to revenge kill a jirachi promo with a joltik, It could get around the buff of assault vest and heat tackle in Entei (not sure about this one). Lastly, if Mega Ray makes a comeback (which it won't but I wish it could) it would nullify the Altaria and allow you to hit for weakness.

The more I think about it the more viable this card seems to become. Possibly I'm reading it wrong or something so feel free to correct me!

Attachments

• Zebstrika.BPT.49.png
    Zebstrika.BPT.49.png
    793.1 KB · Views: 14
The prior thread was for it's usefulness against Shaymin-EX, which is very doubtful as most cards OHKO it already.
All of the reasons you posted above are correct (some I hadn't even thought of) and do prove why it is a great card for decks with electric attackers. The ability sure does go though a lot of stuff!

I think that the only use of it will be for either Giratina for Mega Man, Entei for BatMan, or Aegislash and Jirachi for Joltik. The only problem is that it's a stage 1. If you run a 1-1 line, then one could be prized or you might discard one early in the game. I think a 2-2 is the minimum for it to be consistent, which is 4 cards out of your deck.

I think that the only use of it will be for either Giratina for Mega Man, Entei for BatMan, or Aegislash and Jirachi for Joltik. The only problem is that it's a stage 1. If you run a 1-1 line, then one could be prized or you might discard one early in the game. I think a 2-2 is the minimum for it to be consistent, which is 4 cards out of your deck.
That's four cards that wins you against 2 Tier 1/2 decks (Entei and Giratina, which are hard matchups to begin with). Sometimes you have to lose consistency to be more consistent (if you catch my drift).

Back