Contest Image-Based Create-a-Card Faking Tournament (Final Results Are Up!)

Discussion in 'Creative Works' started by NinjaPenguin, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Kavross Aspiring Trainer
    Kavross

Advanced Member Member

Would a tag team with one non-water type work? Like a water Walrein and Regice?

2. Jabberwock #Jovimohnaeliackvid
    Jabberwock

I'm sorry, but based on past precedent with LEGENDs, I'm going to have to say no. It's not very in keeping with the theme if half the card doesn't fit it. :p

3. MegaAbsol10 I'm playing Big Blacephalon next quarter :)
    MegaAbsol10

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to drop from this tournament, due to being too busy with School work. Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll look forward to seeing all the other entries though!

4. The Ωmega One Aspiring Trainer
    The Ωmega One

Alright here we go!
    [​IMG]
    I wanted to make a SP for this round. I looked at what trainers specialized in water the looked at their teams and nothing really stood out. Then I realized that I could simply use the Player from DPPt and put virtually any mon I wanted. For this round I'm submitting the LvX with the base to provide some context.I took some inspiration from Dawn's Piplup in the anime with the Power Counter Shield.

Gabs Kazumi and bbninjas like this.
  5. NinjaPenguin Always standing out from the crowd.
    NinjaPenguin

Gabs Kazumi likes this.
  6. TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK The Phazing Spider-Man
    TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK

Frick, I'm going to have to put it on DeviantArt first. Hold.

7. TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK The Phazing Spider-Man
    TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK

8. TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK The Phazing Spider-Man
    TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK

9. TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK The Phazing Spider-Man
    TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK

Anyway, I just wanted a Swampert GX and felt like doing some dual type card shenanigans. The art is based somewhat on the Supreme Victors 12/147 Swampert

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  10. Gabs Kazumi Amateur Illustrator @kazumi.draws
    Gabs Kazumi

Good evening guys!

I've organized myself better for this tournament, but I don't think the illustration/holofoils turned up the way I was looking for -.-

Anyway, here's my entry! (and my first Pokémon GX!)

[​IMG]

When I saw the theme for the first round I instantly thought about making a Milotic card, but then I caught a Lumineon in Pokémon GO and I thought "well, Lumineon is a glamurous Pokémon too, and we don't have a new card since the XY era". So, I went with Lumineon!

Lumineon is a Pokémon that attracts others with its lights, but it might end up attracting a predator too, and this was my main inspiration. Lumineon was meant to play the role of a supporter Pokémon: it has a nice Ability and attack to set the game for you, and it doesn't have a Retreat Cost so it can fit in various situations. However, things might turn up against you if you get tails in the attack, since you'll be locked from switching and probably Knocked Out. The GX attack is a one-time chance to bring the game back to you if you get tails, and it could see play because of its versatility.

There's a lot of good cards this time, good luck to all of us :)

steffenka likes this.
  11. Nyan Staring into space again...
    Nyan

Chat Room Staff Member

Ahahah, I love the way my entry turned out~

It's been a while since i've done one of these!

[​IMG]
    Like I said, it's been a while since i've made one of these. The last one was my Leafeon, and i've always loved the unique style of that card, combining the GX blank with the EX layout. I came up with the idea for this card pretty quickly and finished it almost just as fast, which is really awesome. Guarantee you if I made this card around the same time I made that Leafeon it would've taken me almost 3 times as long xp.

- Art is from ULP theme deck
    - Blank is by thy one thy only Asche of course xp
    - Refferences:
    - Divine Influence: Beast Energy/Electropower & Zeraora-GX.
    - Agility Blade: Escape Board
    - Emperor's Army-GX: Ho-Oh-GX
    - As for the GX in the GX attack effect being the full logo, they seem to be doing that for the newer english cards (example: Nidoqueen, Team Up).

bbninjas likes this.
  12. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

I'll drop an alternate entry in case there's an odd number and you need another contestant!

[​IMG]

The Last Shaymin likes this.
  13. Kangaflora Aspiring Trainer
    Kangaflora

^I think with that entry, you may have taken up the eighth and final place in the Image section of this tournament, and just in time, as there just over 5 hours and 20 minutes left before the deadline.

14. NinjaPenguin Always standing out from the crowd.
    NinjaPenguin

Unfortunately, bb, due to the nature of how people advance in this tournament, we cannot allow you to submit a second entry, as that would give you a double the chance of making it to the second round (and could also end up with you facing off against yourself, which would be problematic). Thank you for your consideration and effort in making this though.

15. NinjaPenguin Always standing out from the crowd.
    NinjaPenguin

And that is time! Jabber will have the judging finished for this round in a week!
    Since there are 7 entries, in the first round, the top four scoring constants overall will advance, and the bottom three thus will be eliminated.
    In the second and third rounds, the tournament will proceed as single elimination matches between pairs of the remaining contestants, with the lowest scoring contestant being eliminated.

Here's a bracket of how this will work.
    Good luck to everybody!

16. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

That assumes that my second card would actually make it past the first round, which it probably wouldn't haha.

I suppose what this actually meant was that if there are no spaces left, then you could still submit a card in case someone fails to submit?

17. NinjaPenguin Always standing out from the crowd.
    NinjaPenguin

That would be correct.

bbninjas likes this.
  18. The Ωmega One Aspiring Trainer
    The Ωmega One

19. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

The OP says we should expect judging by the 10th of March. :p

Nyan and The Ωmega One like this.
  20. Kangaflora Aspiring Trainer
    Kangaflora

One question. For the Image-based side of this tournament, since there are only 7 entries instead of 8, how will the elimination work?

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?