I'm going to buy a Box of cards, can you guys help???

jreeves

Burning Spade
So heres the deal. I've finaly come up with enough money to buy a box of pokemon cards. My only problem is i'm not sure which one to buy. Like which set just has good cards, stuff thats worth buying a box for. Any advice..?

crystal gaurdians or if you wait dragon fronteirs both are great sets but it should be up to you what you do with your cash!;)

It depends how many EXs you want and stuff. I got really lucky with a sandstorm box. I got 5 EX cards. Though in my opinion if you are trying to build a good deck then I think some of the other sets would be better options. It is up to you though.

DF-cause the cards are beasts!!!!
UF-so many ex's and the best ones.
DS-Holon engine cards
CG-decent misture of trainers and pokemon that are pretty decent.

If it was me I'd wait to buy a DF box for sure.

When I buy cards I get what is available like if there is only boxes then I get a box and if there is boosters then I get boosters and if there is a combo of both then I will get that too.:)

I would go with Delta Species unless you already have a solid holon engine in your possession as well as many of the good support pokemon in the set. Dragon Frontiers is way too specialized to buy a box of it, IMO.

Firstly, I would say, welcome to the Strategist Status. Hope you do a good Job.

Anyway, I would say that you should buy Crystal Guardians because it has good cards and will take about 2 years before being rotated. Next, It has good cards in the set like Delcatty EX and Shiftry EX along with many other good Cards like Charizard δ and Swampert.

Well, it's still your decision as it is YOU who is buying a box for YOURself and not for us. So, good luck choosing the right one.

~ ArmaldoEX

Thank you ArmaldoEx. I feel welcome already?

I looked into all your advice and I think I agree with most of you... The delta species set is a good choice because of the holon engine, as clearly states by Whicker. Sadly thats about it...
Holon phantoms isn't a very good set so I don't think i'll be choosing that one, but thank you for the recommendation.
Unseen forces was my first choice of course, but it's impossible to get.
Dragon frontiers is a great set but, like Whicker also stated, it's to designated on delta. And i'm not really into the whole delta thing.
So I guess my choice is gonna be Crystal Gaurdians for now. I'll still read whatever else anyones posts here though.

:D  :)  :D

I actually didn't mean exclusively delta when I said specialized. I meant that there aren't a lot of universal cards in the set. Outside of Steven's Advice and Copycat, which most people should have a playset of already, the cards in the set are only going to be useful to a certain deck. That means, Dragon Frontiers seems like a great set to buy singles from, but not a good set to buy a box from, because many of your cards will just waste away in your binder somewhere.

That is true, but I didn't want to sound hypocritical. It wouldn't look too well upon me to say that I liked Delta Species and then turn around and say that I didn't like Dragon Frontiers because it is exclusively delta.

RE:  I'm going to buy a Box of cards, can you guys help???

jreeves said:
Thank you ArmaldoEx. I feel welcome already?

I looked into all your advice and I think I agree with most of you... The delta species set is a good choice because of the holon engine, as clearly states by Whicker. Sadly thats about it...
Holon phantoms isn't a very good set so I don't think i'll be choosing that one, but thank you for the recommendation.
Unseen forces was my first choice of course, but it's impossible to get.
Dragon frontiers is a great set but, like Whicker also stated, it's to designated on delta. And i'm not really into the whole delta thing.
So I guess my choice is gonna be Crystal Gaurdians for now. I'll still read whatever else anyones posts here though.

:D  :)  :D

Well, you're welcome. Anyway, hope you made the right choice. Just to add on to my last post, Unseen Forces, Emerald, Deoxys and maybe, just maybe, Delta Species will be rotated next year while Crystal Guardians will have about 1 more year before getting rotated.

And, when you open the box, could you PM me which pack from the top or bottom is the pack that you get the EXs? :rolleyes: I have some research....

juz some tips here :

CG - if u want to get exs / rare holos, it's best to buy blaziken/ charizard pic

- buy jirachi and u'll get 2 trainers ! (most of the time)

Back