[Ideas] We Might See a Pokemon Main Game Very Soon

since corocoro tends to leak even a week before the official release though... would they risk it leaking stuff that's supposed to be huge reveal saved for E3?

I doubt it. If they have huge reveal at E3, they'd save that for next corocoro I think.. especially with how japanese news-sources like that sundayshow and corocoro tend to be behind ever since we've had simultaneous releases internationally. I even feel sometimes like they reveal way too much and way too early officially these years, and I have a feeling it's because they don't want to allow these confusing reactions to leaks that seem to have mostly a negative impact (like gen V starters being revealed and the world discussing their legitimacy for so long that many people associate them as fakes to some degree, which has an inherent negative connotation to many people. or like how the whole gen 5 spritesheet was leaked, overwhelming everyone and triggering reactions it probably wouldnt have gotten if players were introduced to the creatures on a one by one basis, or at least hand-picked groups of ~5 diverse at a time as corocoro did often etc etc..)

Correct, I thought about the leaking thing after I posted.

In this case, I can see them revealing it in this month's Coro Coro anyway. Pokemon is totally random with how new games are revealed, and many game developers announce, reveal, and even show trailers of new stuff right before E3 as weird as it my be. So it's possible.

Coro Coro has leaked and it doesn't look like there's anything about a new game in this month's issue.

Alright guys, E3 is our last hope.

Unfortunately mystery dungeon comes out when the game would have usually been released, so odds are looking slim.

Masuda still happens to be in LA for some reason... with no game announced, I don't see what he could possibly be doing there other than revealing something.

Feels like that would be a bit early, given that XZYZ are likely coming out somewhere in the first half of 2016... maybe as soon as a February release or something?

I agree with Mitja, Masuda has to be ther for some reason. Who knows what we may get, but it's likely we'll get something.

Alright guys, E3 is our last hope.

Unfortunately mystery dungeon comes out when the game would have usually been released, so odds are looking slim.

They release Pokemon games earlier in the year every once in a while. Maybe we see an early 2016 release for 'Pokemon Z'.

Looking at his twitter... it seems like he is back in Japan now.

Guess we'll really have to wait a few months for that announcement.

I mean E3 is tomorrow, so we have one more day to have false hope, but then it'll be back to speculation as to when in 2016 it'll be.

It's weird to me, though, since Pokemon Z is likely not going to be that big of a release (relative to a new generation). It seems weird to wait extra time to release it. It's been almost two years since Gen 6 started.

All I can say is that this next game better have the greatest post game and most epic battle frontier the franchise has ever seen after the nonsense they pulled with ORAS.

From the e3 forum, with only the relevant stuff intact:

Pokémon main games have come out every year since Platinum.

(Teal, this year is likely the year the trend is broken...)

^ It's official. I just found this to disprove all possibilities of a pokemon game this year, and maybe Pokemon Z won't be at e3, and one more source that could signal that maybe there won't be a pokemon game until maybe the eleventh month of 2016:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...-39-s-confirmed-no-shows.aspx?PostPageIndex=2

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/pokémon-z-release-date-super-mystery-dungeon-dooms-any-hope-2015-449768

^ I hope that Pokemon Z does not become the last 1st party-published game of the 3DS's lifespan, since there's a possibility that the Nintendo NX could replace the 3ds. Then again, it could also replace the Wii U. Keep your fingers crossed that Pokemon Z is not released for 3ds AND NX in the event that pokemon Z is released early 2017 and a few months after the NX's release.

^ Don't you think the above is too late of a time for the third game of the kalos trio? Super Mystery Dungeon makes me think that pokemon Z might be a holiday 2016 game, or a early 2017 game... :(

Well the next game can also easily release early 2016. They just have to make sure the format is different for worlds 2016 compared to 2015.

^ Don't you think the above is too late of a time for the third game of the kalos trio? Super Mystery Dungeon makes me think that pokemon Z might be a holiday 2016 game, or a early 2017 game... :(

Personally I'm anticipating a late 2015 announcement and a spring 2016 release if there's nothing at E3. Perhaps that's a bit optimistic, but considering the 3DS lineup is pretty slim right now and they've had nearly 2 years to put their perfecting touches on X and Y, it seems like the smartest business decision, as well as being the most practical while keeping Pokemon hype at a good level.

EDIT: by that point it'll have been well over two years since XY.

^ It's official. I just found this to disprove all possibilities of a pokemon game this year, and maybe Pokemon Z won't be at e3, and one more source that could signal that maybe there won't be a pokemon game until maybe the eleventh month of 2016:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...-39-s-confirmed-no-shows.aspx?PostPageIndex=2

I don't see anything in this source pertaining to Pokemon.

That being said, I agree that we won't see a main game this year. Not just because of Mystery Dungeon, but because of the marketing in general. They haven't really shown signs of wanting to move on yet, they're still focusing on ORAS Pokemon, not any of the Pokemon that are presumably going to be featured in the next game (Zygarde, Eternal Flower Floette, Volcanion). They're mainly focused on Hoopa, who already has a new form waiting in ORAS, and legendaries in general, which mirrors how they've included almost every legendary in existence in ORAS. They usually start marketing new Pokemon/forms when they're about to release a new game.

Well the next game can also easily release early 2016. They just have to make sure the format is different for worlds 2016 compared to 2015.

Oh yes please. Getting tired of seeing the same handful of Pokemon on every VGC team. 2 dozen new Megas should shake things up a bit.

The last chance has come . If they want to release new main game this year or not !!!
If they don't announce new main game today . We can confirm that no new main game release this year .

Their E3 announcements have finished (?) and no news regarding anything Pokémon, so it's probably safe to assume we won't get a new Pokémon main game this year. It's a bit sad, but on the other hand it'll be exciting to see what they'll come up next since they're taking their time with it this time.

Their E3 announcements have finished (?) and no news regarding anything Pokémon, so it's probably safe to assume we won't get a new Pokémon main game this year. It's a bit sad, but on the other hand it'll be exciting to see what they'll come up next since they're taking their time with it this time.

Ditto to that. Seems as if they are taking the same route as Zelda Wii U...stalling out to make the best game possible.

Man.

EDIT: not like I didn't see it coming, but still a disappointment. Not to mention the overall direct was underwhelming.

So sad that there is no new main game this year . But i think the new main game next year is will be worth the wait !!!

Back