I wanna point this out about big money cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
While Bullet may seem to be begging the question even when presented with evidence on viper.fox's part, I believe these objections are not without merit, since some of the evidence presented could still be subject to skepticism and suspicion. While viper.fox mentioned that the ebay seller does have videos of the cards and so on, can the same be said about other owners? What I'm asking is the general methodology of authentication for such a database of transactions, what kind of proof of authenticity is needed. It also remains to be seen whether the video actually proves that the cards are authentic, or if they do have more stringent assessment criteria. This sort of evidence would be really helpful in addressing Bullet's concern.

You see those links I posted of the fake illustrator and pika trophy cards, means its been done before and looks pretty real.

CTA while a grading company, they were a poor grading company, thats why they are out of business, to really throw smoke into the face, some grading companies including PSA has let fake cards slip by them. PSA it has not happened as much, although PSA cannot expect up to believe their precision grading method in which 3 experts look it over and then decide on a grade, otherwise you need a staff of hundreds of people to get graded cards out in a timely manner.

Scott's illustrator is real. There are plenty of things to get annoyed about in life, but really, Pokémon cards aren't one of them.

if you talking abou SMpratte, all he does is post pictures of cards up and say its his, then the one card not in a graded state by PSA or anyone else is the illustrator card.

Get real, a bunch of kids who can seem to popup on the forums anytime they wish like over at UPCCC, which I can still view BTW, already shows they do not have much of a job to start with.

Bullet said:
You see those links I posted of the fake illustrator and pika trophy cards, means its been done before and looks pretty real.

CTA while a grading company, they were a poor grading company, thats why they are out of business, to really throw smoke into the face, some grading companies including PSA has let fake cards slip by them. PSA it has not happened as much, although PSA cannot expect up to believe their precision grading method in which 3 experts look it over and then decide on a grade, otherwise you need a staff of hundreds of people to get graded cards out in a timely manner.

Well I don't have any experience or knowledge regarding these cards, but we can reasonably assume that viper.fox, having such experience, would have thought about what constitutes an authentic owner and what not. The doubts you raised can be addressed by a good resolution video doing a in-depth look at the card, and eventually with the face of the owner to prove that it's his/hers. So the onus is on viper.fox to show the actual rigour of the authentication process, or how it is different from a random forumgoer who says that he/she has the cards and posts stock photos of it to 'authenticate' his claim.

The thing is I been into Pokemon since the time those cards ever came out. I know for a fact fakes exist out there that look very convincing.

It seems odd to me that a group of people pops up almost seemingly in the same place (pokegym) then claim to have all these cards, they cant possibly have much of a job unless they can make money setting down all day seeing they on a forum somewhere around the clock almost. Some of their cards are probably real, 1-2 of their members most likely does own some high rare cards, but most of it is a bunch of malarkey. Then their is this idea of them avoiding PSA and one member shill bidding and been trying to sell the pika trophies and everything else for months and hes never sold anything yet.

Their is also one account of where an Illustrator owner lives in Illinois, but then one of the ones claiming to own an Illustrator lives in Nebraska I think. Their is not many of these cards out there, only 4 + 1 in the archive.

Bullet said:

if you talking abou SMpratte, all he does is post pictures of cards up and say its his, then the one card not in a graded state by PSA or anyone else is the illustrator card.

Get real, a bunch of kids who can seem to popup on the forums anytime they wish like over at UPCCC, which I can still view BTW, already shows they do not have much of a job to start with.

I've bought trophy cards from Scott, I've asked him to grade cards (for the protection, not the grade), I'm in almost daily contact with him, I co-founded UPCCC with him... need I go on? Come on, what is it with you and the imaginary conspiracy theories? How many times do people have to follow you around forums to stop you spouting baseless things?

Serious collectors have better things to do... like you know, discuss cards or congratulate each other on getting cards they've been wanting for ages? Why the hate?

Why the hate? it flared up the moment Djgigabyte decided to take it up on him self to throw his weight around on pokegym based off of what goes on at UPCCC. if Pokepop does anything or cares about it, entirely upon him if thats the type of staff he wants.

He started it, I will finish it.

DMYSYS said:
I've always wondered -- have there been any really 'big deal' cards you've found out are lost/damaged? I'm surprised all Illustrator cards are accounted for, the winners must've been told to expect the cards to have a genuine value in the long term or just happened to take good care of them. I'd also be curious if any card has ever stuck with the original owner (Creatures' archival copies aside) regardless of significant offers, but the first question's more interesting to me.

I know of at least one person (amt on here) who got 3rd at Worlds 2 years ago, and sold her No. 3 Trainer card on the spot. I'll imagine that a lot of them that actually get sold are done so in this way. The collectors bring lots of money to the big tournaments, and since they know that the cards will be there, they just hope that the winners will want to sell their cards.

And to the rest of you (namely Bullet), I will be closing this thread if things escalate too far. Please be considerate.

Yeah but those Trainer cards from worlds are only worth like $100, might be a little more at worlds.

This is about cards worth thousands of dollars and limited to copies of 4 or 5 in the world which has been faked and reproduced throughout the years.

Bullet said:
Yeah but those Trainer cards from worlds are only worth like $100, might be a little more at worlds.

This is about cards worth thousands of dollars and limited to copies of 4 or 5 in the world which has been faked and reproduced throughout the years.

I think you need to get your facts straight. There are exactly 3 of the No 1, No 2, and No 3 Trainer Cards each year (1 per division). And my friend sold hers for $2000 on the spot, not like $100. Maybe you're thinking of the Tropical Beach ones.

Yeah but we aint talking about those cards, we talking about the Japanese ones from late 90s.

Even with that said, you would think these guys would own any of those English cards, I guess they never been able to reproduce the english version of the Worlds Winner cards yet.

Bullet said:
Yeah but we aint talking about those cards, we talking about the Japanese ones from late 90s.

Even with that said, you would think these guys would own any of those English cards, I guess they never been able to reproduce the english version of the Worlds Winner cards yet.

You better have proof for your statements or be able to prove your statements, otherwise you have committed libel.

li·bel   [lahy-buhl]
noun
Law .
a.
defamation by written or printed words, pictures, or in any form other than by spoken words or gestures.
b.
the act or crime of publishing it.
c.
a formal written declaration or statement, as one containing the allegations of a plaintiff or the grounds of a charge.
anything that is defamatory or that maliciously or damagingly misrepresents.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QU9qr-AxvE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J56hJqVqsAg

Now if we going to really get into this talk of Libel, I am sure "a formal written declaration or statement, as one containing the allegations of a plaintiff or the grounds of a charge"

could easily be made.

In your post you allege the members of UPCCC are forgers, a video on YouTube of a supposed fake does not prove UPCCC created the fake. Unless you have solid proof, I would advise you talk to an attorney before making any further statements.

I am not sure if they are forgers, are they obtaining forged cards? possibly.

The idea theirs one of the members on ebay posting up 3 trophy pikachu cards he shill bids on and then is not sending them into PSA to get graded is quite suspicious. I dont care about the CTA grading it has, they out of business because they were a terrible grading service.

Same guy seems aggressive to sell all the rare stuff he supposedly has, but you know what? he never has done it yet. He has sold lesser cards, pretty certain those would be real.

Everyone else like the one with the pikachu illustrator and all, theirs no proof they got any of that, no proof at all. They posted pics of them, but that is it, all the pics were never taken with any surroundings, to top it off, the illustrator was never graded either.

I be looking more for proving they own the cards and if they are legit, something they have refused to do, all they have done is take up for one another and nod their heads.

If you read my article of the old PTCO, this is an attempt to gain power in the pokemon community, they already have pretty much got to run Pokegym, and in earlier topic made yesterday I believe, warned staff of Pokebeach of this.

Bullet said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QU9qr-AxvE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J56hJqVqsAg

Now if we going to really get into this talk of Libel, I am sure "a formal written declaration or statement, as one containing the allegations of a plaintiff or the grounds of a charge"

could easily be made.

So you are admitting you have committed libel by
a formal written declaration or statement, as one containing the allegations of a plaintiff or the grounds of a charge.
Is that correct?

question is y are you even bothering to deny things with facts of its existence in which clearly it has been seen or owned by collectors like viper,DJ and scott.people shill bid on ebay many times on rare stuff not just pokemon cards.if people were that desperate to gain popularity over a pokemon card then its for example right now your trying to get attention over something you know very well you have lost.you posted a video of fake cards someone made ok whats your point that everyone can do that and its nothing try doing it yourself and see how easy you think it is for.collectors know how to spot fakes and real cards its not hard unless your blind like a bat.just because someone got their trophies graded from a crappy company does not mean its fake if cards like those were sent to PSA for graded then PSA would already know how to spot fakes already.people are willing to shell out money for very rare items just because you think everyone doesnt have a decent job or anything you need to think in other terms as some people have something called savings or invest in items like these.not everyone goes around ebay with 1 million in their bank accounts hoping to snag something like that

Bullet, Crinus, Saren Track, Michael Roberts, whatever title you prefer this discussion about me and other collectors ends now.

First, to the pokebeach community, I am the collector he is referencing and I was notified by a couple fellow collectors/friends. I currently own the largest collection in the world and spend an enormous amount of time with pokemon. This past year I have spent enough money to purchase a new lexus on pokemon cards alone.

I have dedicated the past 10+ years to seriously collecting and meeting new friends. I recently attended the 2011 World Championships, to purchase the winners cards and enjoy the overall euphoric experience that is Worlds. I have met just about everyone in the collecting community and have enjoyed every second of it.

Now, in regards to Bullet's incredibly outlandish claims which are beyond out of line, I have print screened every comment you have posted about me and other members. Bullet, you think I don't own any of the cards in my album? They are all my scans that do not exist anywhere else. How can they be fake scans if they don't exist anywhere but in my album? On top of that, the registry from psa has all of the cards logged. You mentioned the illustrator not being graded, here is its registry page:

http://www.psacard.com/Cert/18518177.html

If you check the PSA pop report, every trophy card I own is registered.

Bullet, I have had enough of your childish nonsense. If you post anything against my name again I will press charges for slander and libel and gladly have you pay for my next trophy card. Your recent defamation of the integrity of myself and other serious collectors is beyond comprehension.

To the Pokebeach admin's, I am sorry that my first post was so serious. Unfortunately I have run into similar situations which forces me to participate less in the community than I would prefer. I hope this member does not degrade this site as he has attempted to on the gym and upccc.

smpratte said:
I have dedicated the past 10+ years to seriously collecting and meeting new friends. I recently attended the 2011 World Championships, to purchase the winners cards and enjoy the overall euphoric experience that is Worlds. I have met just about everyone in the collecting community and have enjoyed every second of it.

Oi, you haven't met me :D (but that's because I'm an insanely private git so that's not really your fault :p)

FWIW, I'm sorry I rushed to UPCCC's defence too (which meant that this ridiculous conversation was prolonged rather than just stopped). It's just that I don't like good peoples names and our hard work in developing a community go to waste if new people are put off joining by these conspiracy theories.

Bullet: if your issue is with DJ can you take it up with him and him alone? (Or better yet, just give it a rest completely?)

Scott: I just clicked on your photobucket again - it never gets old. I think I need to start a weekly tradition of staring at those photos for an hour! Just incredible (do you ever get sick of people saying that to you? :p)

Lets change the subject to something more interesting. I wonder between the collectors on Pokebeach/Pokegym/UPCCC, whether we will ever have at least one copy of every card in existence? The things that make me want to say no are the Snap Cards, and those 2000 trophies viper.fox linked to...

Bullet, I have had enough of your childish nonsense. If you post anything against my name again I will press charges for slander and libel and gladly have you pay for my next trophy card. Your recent defamation of the integrity of myself and other serious collectors is beyond comprehension.

I heard this crap before when people want to run and hide.

Pokebeach has already been informed of this to prevent a power takeover like which has happened with Pokegym.

If we want to bring law into it, I am sure I can find some harassment charges as well as cyberstalking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back