I Wanna be the Guy and Other "Impossible" Games

Inigo Montoya

Hatman/Imakuni?/Not Not-TDL
I'm sure you all out there have at least heard of one sort of impossible game, whether it be QWOP, I Wanna be the Guy, I Wanna be the Fan Game, etc. If you haven't heard of such games, Google is your friend.

The reason for me starting this thread was because I'm doing a run through of I Wanna be the Guy on Hard mode (the game's 'Normal' mode), and I'd love to report about my run here. Since tomorrow is my last day of school, I'll probably be starting then, so expect me to be less sane than usual in the following weeks. I'm going into this semi-blind, as I'm watching an LP of it right now on Youtube, but I've never actually played the game before, and I'm obviously not going to remember all the traps off the top of my head.

So, in this thread, you may discuss any sort of 'impossible game.' I will be posting my progress throughout the Summer of I Wanna be the Guy, but don't let that discourage you from discussing other related topics!

RE: I Wanna be the Guy and Other Impossible Games

There's this one game where you're a square and have to jump at exactly the right time up and down 3 levels..I forget what it's called. it's supposedly super hard.

RE: I Wanna be the Guy and Other Impossible Games

Tyraniking said:
QWOP is not impossible. Just sayin'
I find it impossible, but have you ever completed it?

Also, mlouden, you're talking about VVVVVV. That game is pretty hard, but its easier than most of these games here. This one guy on Youtube 100%'d it in under an hour.

^ive beat qwop. there is a hurdle at the halfway mark lol. i usually just knock it over and push it all the way to the end with me.

ever heard of this. its one of the most annoying and hard games ever. ive yet to beat it...because the only way is to play its OVER AND OVER AND OVER...literally about 70 times

I am The Guy (cleared on Hard Mode)

Boss Rush mode is really enjoyable, can't recall my time atm though

Tried doing a minimum heart/weapon upgrade run of Cave Story, couldn't break past one of the bosses though (The Core)

Punch Out! on Wii is actually surprisingly difficult in the later fights and I never did complete it. Bald Bull I hate you argharghagrhasgdfh

New forum smilies???

:headbang:smashcomp

bacon said:
I am The Guy (cleared on Hard Mode)

Boss Rush mode is really enjoyable, can't recall my time atm though

Tried doing a minimum heart/weapon upgrade run of Cave Story, couldn't break past one of the bosses though (The Core)

Punch Out! on Wii is actually surprisingly difficult in the later fights and I never did complete it. Bald Bull I hate you argharghagrhasgdfh

New forum smilies???

:headbang:smashcomp

i beat punch out on wii all the way through 2 times :p you think that bald bull is bad...oh god mr sandman RAGETASTIC

There's this marathon game that you just press left and right until you've run the length of a full marathon.

ET on atari...if you can figure out what to do you are amazing.

i got all three pieces of....and then i just ran around not know where to go. then the dang ranger took my things...and i rage quit :p :smashcomp <--- literally

Well, I just started up my I Wanna be the Guy run, and after exactly two minutes of playtime, along with 9 deaths, I've made it to the first save point on Path 1, which you get to by going above the room you start out in when you first start the game. I've sorta experimented with the next part, and I don't like it. Spikes and lightning bolts and platforming, ugh.

I've never played any of these games except the Impossible Quiz. I've beaten the first one 3-4 times (all but one have been at school) and I've beaten the second one 3 times. They're not that hard once you play them a bunch.

Yeah, I can breeze through the first 30 or so questions of the Impossible Quiz 2. It gets really easy once you practice.

Back