I just bought a starter!

losr18

"LET ME SHOW YOU MY MOVES!"
hi.

i just started playing pokemon. i got the infernape starter. so now that i have it, what cards would be good to add to it. and only dp set. me & my friends are only using that set on for us.

Try to make it a infercatty deck

If not, put inernape LV x, and be sure to stock up on trainers

I know you say you want to use DP on, but you are going to need some really good trainers, which the other sets offer. I would consider picking up some cards from the other tourney legal sets.

You could really use infernape LvX. Plus, try adding some pokemon that alter fire's main weakness: water. For example some grass or electric types.

If you want to make a deck with only DP on cards, then I'm afraid that won't be that great of a deck, so looking into other sets is a good idea. Due to the next format, looking into sets from Ex Holon Phantoms onwards is a good idea.
Given that you have brought the Infernape deck, either Infernacatty or Infernablaze would be a good deck to make.
Infernacatty uses Delcatty Ex (CG), Delcatty (PK) and Infernape Lv. X.
Infernablazeuses Blaziken (PK) and probably an Infernape Lv. X tech.
For trainers, try one of the engines (in the card combos and stratergies section) and Rare Candy, which is basically the reason why stage 2 decks works.

(plz read this LONG reply, it WILL do u good);)
nah, dont use the infernape and blaziken, they are draggers ( cards that makes ur deck work slower that it should).

a good list should look a bit like this :

4-2-3/1 infernape

(ok remember this < kind of numbers, they are very important as most deck builders use x-x-x. In this case, 4 basics, 2 stage 1, 3 infernape, 1 infer lv X)

4-2/2 delcatty
(4 basic, 2 delcatty PK, 2 delcatty EX)

there u go, end of pokemon lines

total now = 18 pkm

energy

Fire 12
DRE 4 (doub rainbow energy, makes fast kills)

16 energies

holon transceiver 4
holon mentor 2
holon adventurer 1
holon lass 1
holon's scientist 1
holon farmer 1
rare candy 4
celio's 3
petm aka prof elm's training method 1
pluspower 3
switch 1
mr. britney's compassion 1
windstorm 3 ( ces.crystals are dangerous!)

ok so, ur main aim is to go fast and swap the game fast. nape's basic and stage 1 are powerful so u shouldnt have problem KOing them, thus making their setup hard.

what makes this deck so special is because it revolves around nape lv X. This deck can deliver 150 everyturn. How? here's how:

1. lv X as active, 2 catties Pk and 1 catty ex on bench.

2. 2 catties discard 2 fire, u draw 6 cards. (discard pile 2 fires)

3. lv X use power, should discard 1-2 fires by then (3/4 fire on discard pile)

4. delcatty ex uses power, u should discard fire energies till u fill up discard pile with 8 fires (not too hard to get).

5. whats more? just atk.

when u ran out of DRE, delcatty ex for upstream. do not try to attach fire energies manually to infernape during mid games, u MUST use DREs to surprise ur opponent and let them have no time to react.

I have the same starter deck too and I was also thinking of your same idea but now I guess I have new plans. Anyway thanks for the information:)

Back