I feel left out

The Nameless Penguin Master

Sailing The Seas of Cheese
I have been gone for a year and a half, and only have 32 cards from PK-onward. Since there is no organized play here, and I just found a running tourney/league I've decided to try and get back in the game. I've read many posts and the like, but none of that adds up to some good old fashion help and summarization about what has been going on in the Pokemon scene. Basically, I need someone to tell me main events, average metagames, etc. to make up for my lost time.

Right now, the biggest deck should be G&G, a deck that consists of Gardevoir and Gallade, with Gallade, you can OHKO every card possible except for Wailord ex and Wailord. Other decks out there now are also a little Blissey, and Magmortar.

You need to get some boxes to catch up. Look at card scans on www.pokebeach.com -yourr friendyl TCG site that provides scans of cards, awsome huh? And here is what you should know abut the nmetagame.

It is unorigional.
It suscks.
It is boring.
And oyu can counter it in 3billion ways before you get halfway.

Now here is the stuff that you actually need to konw:

GG is probably the most popular deck around, based on gallade and gardevoir.

Blissy is used alot.

magmortar is popular.

Darkrai lvX sucks.

Many people use speedy, 'T2' decks that start KOing by T2 most times.

Finally! A person that shares the same I-only-have-too-little-cards as I do. Yes, we never bought boxes before and we don't intend to. Though if you want cards do it this way.

1} Ask around who used or still play cards.
2} Get them to trade with you.
3} Make friends.
4} If they still play, then you have someone to talk to and ask questions about.
5} If they already quit, then buy their cards really cheap. E.g. rare candy for RM3.
6} Soon, you will be back in the game with a small budget and nothing to lose. It's that simple.

Then about the metagame.

1} When two extremely broken cards meet you get 70% of the metagame. This position is currently controlled by gallantry{gallade/gardevoir} and will stay like this for some time. Like the parliament on elections, it will always be popular and will always win.
2} Then there will be the oppositions. Blissey and magmortar take this place. Both are good but never make it as far as gallantry will.
3} There are T2 decks and rogues. The terrorists. Come unexpectedly and are cheap. I've seen T2 kill gallantry but never the decks mentioned in no. 2. Strange.

I don't have a metagame since PUSA hates Alaska. There is only 1 guy who is better than me at league and he uses(d) Honchy (X), Darkrai (X), and Houndoom. How does Darkrai Lv. X suck? All of my friends quit Pokemon in the beginning. I'm in a "you like Pokemon? You're a ***got" school environment also.

That''s because darkrai is probably the most unfriendliest pokemon possible. The only thing he combos with is his minion, weavile. Nothing else. Every other combo sound good in theory but fail in real life.

You're from alaska?

I'm Form 2 and many of my friends still play cards. I'm grateful for that. My yearly spendings on cards are about 10 boosters but heck, I'm still up and running.

Darkrai X sucks because Gallade walks all over it, and Gallade is possibky the most used card in the met-game. Alaso, it is only a lategame hitter, so against T2 decks, it does nothinhg. And finally, the poke-body really doesn't make a difference most of the time for 10 damage. This is the wole reason DWB sucks too...

I guess this means the best course of action would be to put together a deck specifically to beat Gallade and Gardevoir. I've seen Lucario decks around a lot, and I know one thing they have in common is that they're all weak to Psychic.

The Nameless Penguin Master said:
I don't have a metagame since PUSA hates Alaska. There is only 1 guy who is better than me at league and he uses(d) Honchy (X), Darkrai (X), and Houndoom. How does Darkrai Lv. X suck? All of my friends quit Pokemon in the beginning. I'm in a "you like Pokemon? You're a ***got" school environment also.

The reason your buddy's Darkrai Lv.X is good because you have no metagame. Very little competition and not many good players. :/

I'm not flaming, but you said it yourself, Alaska has no metagame.

That's exactly why IT DOESN'T SUCK. We DON'T HAVE G&G decks. There are very skilled players. The fact that there's no metagame only hinders them from needing to reach their full potential and give it their all.

Darkrai LV.X does not suck. It's not being used right... It has tons of potential.

Cresselia LV.X will soon have decks built around it. Might even work in Magmortar since SW Mag can snipe and Cressy LV.X can move damage around.

Dialga LV.X is risky.

Palkia LV.X can really screw things up.

And Darkrai 80HP can combo well with SW Venusaur. I might put a 1-0-1 line into my Darkrai deck actually.

That's exactly why IT DOESN'T SUCK. We DON'T HAVE G&G decks. There are very skilled players. The fact that there's no metagame only hinders them from needing to reach their full potential and give it their all.

I wasn't saying it sucked, it has potential. It's only good because you have no GGs around, which puzzles me, it's the most common deck used right now.

malikhisyam said:

I wasn't saying it sucked, it has potential. It's only good because you have no GGs around, which puzzles me, it's the most common deck used right now.

There aren't any G&G in my metagame... Which consists of about 10 buddies lol.

Back