I do not get the strategy between magnezone prime/regirock legends awaken?

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
Can someone please explain it to me because if its that good i'll go tear apart my donchamp and build that.

The idea is really simple: You discard Energies with Engineer's, attach them to Regirock with Regi Cycle while discarding the Energies for the next Cycle, and Lost Burn for at least 100 per turn. Magnezone SF [Lightning] can attach extra energy as long as you can keep up the discarding. Running 18 Energy cards is optimal, because it allows you to do a total of 900 damage, so 150 per KO. You rarely need 3 Energies per KO, but it helps against decks like Steelix (Steelix with Belt or 2 Special Metal takes 4 energy), Scizor (limits the Energies you can attach to your active Zone) and Machamp (Very tough matchup if you don't run at least 2 Sunyshore because of weakness, 160 HP on the Prime so it takes you four Energies)

Skeleton list:

4-4-3/1 Magnezone [SF-SF-Prime/SF]
4 Spiritomb [AR]
1 Unown Q [MD]
2 Regirock [LA]
1 Azelf [LA]

3 Engineer's Adjustments
4 Pokemon Collector
2 Bebe's Search
2 Broken Time-Space
1 Sunyshore City Gym

7 Lightning Energy
6 Fighting Energy
2 Warp Energy
[At least 3 more energies; Call, Warp and Rescue are recommended]

-> Have 1 fighting energy in discard

Step 1. Attach energy for your turn
Step 2. discard two cards for Regirock's power; including 1 fighting energy.
Step 3. attack for 100 and discard the two energies (to the lost zone).

That's the basic strategy. It has good synergy with other cards like engineers adjustments and judge and such.

Here's what my list would probably look like.
4-4-3/1 magnezone prime/electric SF
4 spiritomb AR
2 regirock LA
1-1 or 2-2 (can't decide on how many) sandslash SV
1 azelf LA
----------------- 21-23 pokemon
3 (4 if it's not too much) engineer's adjustments
3 pokemon collector
3 bebe's search
2 seeker
2 cyrus's conspiracy?
2 broken time-space
1 sunnyshore city gym
---------------------------- 12-17 T/S/S
8 electric energy
7 fighting energy
2 warp energy
------------------ 17 energy

EDIT: Once again my math fails me I still need 3 more cards. >.< Someone please help.

That looks a lot like mine, except you're missing Judge; I would personally run 3-4 of them. Not sure what you're up to with the Sandslash SV either.

With sandslash I thought it would be kinda good to have a few energys in my hand just in case though if I run judge I'll probably take them out.

Sandslash is not that good in Magnerock. Judge and Regi cycle to empty your hand, combined with Magnetic Draw, gives you the option to draw those cards instead of just getting the energies...

I took MagneRock to States with a 1-1 Sandslash tech. It was good exactly two times in seven games. And I grabbed one energy each time. You'd be better off running Dodrio UD to lower retreat costs across the board, which is what I'm doing because I have no Unown Q.

IMO you only need 2 Engineer with 3 Sableye to fish it out, and the occasional Bebe and Collector, even Judge.

Tyraniking said:
IMO you only need 2 Engineer with 3 Sableye to fish it out, and the occasional Bebe and Collector, even Judge.

Ummm... there's no Sableye in Magnerock. And even if there were, I would only run two and two Spiritomb. You NEED the evolutionary boost Spiritomb gives. And you need 3-4 Engineers, because there's always a chance you'll need to empty your discard of Fighting Energy and then put one back in later. Also, it combos off of Magnezone SF #6 by providing targets for Super Connectivity.

Umm...yea there is:

http://www.http://google.com/.com/featured-articles/magnezone-tones-magnerock-deck-analysis-article/

If you need to use 3 Engineer's in one game to discard fighting nrg, you're playing the deck wrong. and 3-4 Engineer's in one game= 12-16 cards drawn=deckout so yeano.

Tomb's OK, but it doesn't really fix bad starts.

Tyraniking said:
Umm...yea there is:

http://www.http://google.com/.com/featured-articles/magnezone-tones-magnerock-deck-analysis-article/

If you need to use 3 Engineer's in one game to discard fighting nrg, you're playing the deck wrong. and 3-4 Engineer's in one game= 12-16 cards drawn=deckout so yeano.

Tomb's OK, but it doesn't really fix bad starts.

But Sableye doesn't give you a turn 2 'Zone. And if you read through the comments on that article, Spiritomb is constantly recommended over Sableye because it a) accelerates your evolution, and b) slows your opponent down Trainer-wise, which is key in the SP matchup.

Also, most people use Morten's 8-0 ECC list as a base, not the 6P one.

Sableye easily gives a T2 Zone >_>

I'm not really against Tomb. I just prefer Sableye.

Where was Morten's list even posted?

Tyraniking said:
Sableye easily gives a T2 Zone >_>

I'm not really against Tomb. I just prefer Sableye.

Where was Morten's list even posted?

Morten had his list posted on the 'Gym, then he took it down, and now it's back up with a good five pages of discussion. Here's the thread.

Yea, I never did see that. I thought Sableye was the ideal starter from the beginning. Spiritomb works too, again, I just think Sableye can give some extra space with only needing 2 Engineer's.

Fighting Energy allows you to use Regirock's Regi Cycle Poke Power, which lets you discard two cards from your hand only if you have a Fighting Energy in your discard pile to take out a Fighting Energy from your discard pile and attach it to Regirock. With this, Magnezone's Lost Burn attack would be stronger, doing 50 damage for every Energy card you put into the Lost Zone.

Also, a highly popular tech is the uncommon Relicanth SV, which has Grand Swell, doing 30 damage time the number of your opponent's in-play Pokemon tool and Stadium, and Amnesia, which does 30 damage and shuts off one of the Defending Pokemin's attacks for a turn. Some decks also run a 1-1-1 Machamp SF line.

Ok I pretty much get the strategy of the deck, now can someone tell me why more people play this instead of magnegatr?

Back