ORAS Hypothesis about Team Aqua, Team Magma, and Sea and New Mauville

Seven is a Color

Spinda Doctors
In Omega Ruby, there's a Team Magma grunt at their hideout who says Archie and Maxie used to be on the same team. I discovered this recently from a picture online, because I have Alpha Sapphire and no one on Team Aqua mentions that. Anyway

In Sea Mauville, in one of the bookcases there's a letter written by someone who calls Wattson a traitor for abandoning the New Mauville project. The reason it was cancelled is because of safety concerns for wild Pokemon in the area. So, this person seemed to care about making this underground city more than they did about the Pokemon. Just like Maxie wanted to expand the land so people had more room to develop. And, it seems like Maxie to call someone a traitor if they say or do something he doesn't like, since from what I've heard he accuses Tabitha of trying to overthrow him and replace him as leader when Tabitha warns him about what will happen if he awakens Groudon.

Archie, meanwhile, may have been inspired by or even had a say in the decision to cancel New Mauville. And when the Mauville stuff was cancelled, Maxie and Archie formed their own groups based on their feelings and experiences from working for these Mauville projects.

Problem with this: Captain Stern, who seemed to be in charge of the Sea Mauville project, didn't seem to know Archie/Maxie personally. You would think if they worked in the same place, there would be some kind of dialogue suggesting they know each other. This could rule out the idea or make it less likely, but I wanted to share it anyway because I thought it was a neat observation, I don't think anyone has thought of this yet, and I have a desperate psychological need to share ideas that I come up with.

Well, I haven't played ASOR but this seems to be a development of what I found weird back in SRE about a tablet near New Mauville saying "Team Aqua was here" and that being painted over substituing Aqua for Magma.

About meeting face to face, perhaps some or both changed emails and never saw each other...although I agree it would be weird for a project this size but is still possible, just look at Elm and how he's always focused on his research and doesn't leave the lab often.

About Archie and Maxie being on the same team...they were lovers (Archie cheated on Maxie with Shelly and that's why Maxie has that expression on his face ever since)! U.U

Back