Hypnotoxic Laser (Plasma Storm # 123) {12/25/12}

Vulpix Yolk

\ \ durant gang \ \
296d850.png

Card of the Day: Hypnotoxic Laser​
63.jpg

Hypnotoxic Laser – Trainer
Item (Team Plasma)

The Defending Pokemon is now Poisoned. Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokemon is also Asleep.

You can use any number of Item cards during your turn.

RE: Poison Hypnotic Beam (Plasma Gale # 63) {12/25/12}

I can't wait to play this card for States. I plan on running 3-4 of these with 2-3 Virbank in almost everything. It's like 3 Pluspowers in one with the chance of sleep, and a whooping 9 damage total if they can't get out of it on their turn. IMO, this and Virbank also makes Ninetales/Amoongus have a chance at becoming at least tier 2, I plan on testing it for States. With this, if you hit sleep and Amoongus you're OHKOing any EX. If you don't you're still doing a massive 150 and you OHKO them if they can't get out of Poison on their next turn.

Playability: 9/10. A great universal card in almost every deck that doesn't need stadiums for another reason.

Art: 6/10. Looks too much like candy to me :p. Still pretty nice artwork though.

This card will make Darkrai Decks more and more common as well as provide a way to counter the upcoming Frozen City with Virbank Gym. Staple? No. In decks with space? Yes.
PLayablity: 8/10
Art: 8/10

9/10

This is one card I can't wait to try out. At worst, it's a worse version of plus power that can't hit for weakness. But combined with the right cards, it can be killer.

Raticate (BC) suddenly becomes more playable, having another card to allow Raticate to KO anything in one shot.

Ninetails Amoongus decks have a new toy to play with. If you get heads, you don't even need amoongus to hit for 130.

The new stadium card that increases poison damage makes this even deadlier. It might as well say "do 30 more damage to your opponent".

Any card that can paralyze, put asleep, or lock down + this = slow and painful death.

Scollipede can easily power up it's attack too.

And there's even more uses. The bonus sleep isn't the best since it has a 25% chance of not doing anything to your opponent, but it's not a drawback either and can be used to power up ninetails. And the fact that it's an item means it can be recycled with sableye. I think this could make stasis decks viable again.

How can I put this card inside of me? I love this card and can't wait play a least 9 of these in my deck.
/sarcasm

I think this card is actually really awesome, it's like an attack but a trainer! I'll defiantly find room for this in any deck I play. The fact that I can poison and opponent with a chance of sleep is amazing I'll give this card a 8/10 for playability and 10/10 for art. I love 5ban

Also, Vulpix Yolk if you wanna update the OP its english name is confirmed Hypnotoxic Laser.

Playability - 9/10 - Every deck with enough space will want to play this. This + Virbank City Gym will make Darkrai more powerful than ever. With this Darkrai can OHKO 170 HP EXs after a snipe (with Dark Claw), can OHKO Blastoise (with Dark Claw) and most decks will have to find a way to counter status condition, because this card will be BIG.

Art - 5/10 - I don't know, it doesn't look bad but it doesn't look very good either.

This card makes Sableye definately better than ever, 8/10 because it actually needs Virbank to be effective.

A much better pluspower, without Virbank. With Virbank. a friggin monster. I will learn to hate this card.

@ Alex You can't have Confuse and Asleep at the same time.

I find the card really useful. With Virbank is 30 extra damage of the turn plus the probability of having another 30 if your opponent doesn't get his active in that turn. This with Landorus is a complete monster. OHKOing any pokemon (but Wailord and BK with CW). It also gives you a chance of sleeping your opponent.

Playability: 10/10
Art: 8/10 (The beams coming out are so cool).

Cooltrainer Alan said:
Also, Vulpix Yolk if you wanna update the OP its english name is confirmed Hypnotoxic Laser.

Where has this been confirmed? Also, I feel that this card is going to be a must. Every deck is going to be carrying 3 to 4. Decks are going to have to carry either more Switch, Escape Rope, or Keldeo EX to counter it. This card is just silly good. 10/10.

Flygon2071 said:
@ Alex You can't have Confuse and Asleep at the same time.

Really? Shucks, and here I thought I would be going into States with a deck that had Munna in it...

:[

Now, I'm probably gonna get some heat for this, but IMO, this card is as good as catcher. Meaning this will be a four-of in every deck. Especially with Virbank. Triple Pluspower? Yes please. 25% they can't attack? Sure. 30 damage added on every turn they can't retreat? I'll take it. Guaranteed to annoy the hell out of your opponent? Awesome.

http://pokebeach.com/2012/12/first-four-plasma-storm-cards-revealed

According to this story, one of the thumbnails uploaded to the official pokemon site was #123 Hypnotoxic Laser.

Playability: Pretty ok, Poisoning is decent, the sleep is useless as its a 5-0/50 chance. 3/10

Artwork: Bad, good visual, but not good. Remember, ratings are randomly generated

pokemonjoe said:
Now, I'm probably gonna get some heat for this, but IMO, this card is as good as catcher. Meaning this will be a four-of in every deck. Especially with Virbank. Triple Pluspower? Yes please. 25% they can't attack? Sure. 30 damage added on every turn they can't retreat? I'll take it. Guaranteed to annoy the hell out of your opponent? Awesome.

I'm not sure if it's quite as good as catcher, but I agree that it's certainly up there. Any deck that doesn't have a Stage 2 will be running four of these + Virbank. It's a straight up 30 damage no matter what, not to mention the chance of sleep and even more damage if they can't retreat/switch. It's been enormously successful in Japan and I have no doubt that it will do just as well here.

Playability: 10/10 (and I don't hand out good ratings lightly)

Salamencetrainer34 said:
Playability: Pretty ok, Poisoning is decent, the sleep is useless as its a 5-0/50 chance. 3/10

Artwork: Bad, good visual, but not good. Remember, ratings are randomly generated
If this is a 3/10, what's a 10?

playability: 9/10
reason: This card makes donking 60-70 hp basics incredibly easy with virbank gym. I think it will be considered almost a staple, and will definetly change the metagame for better or for worse. Only time will tell and this card will definetly shine at states like Mewtwo EX did last year.

You guys are all saying how this card is great, almost as good as catcher, yadda yadda yadda, but imo the only deck that has the ability to fit this and Virbank is Landorus/Tornadus/Mewtwo etc
It is a great card. 8/10 for playability. But the fact that it will be difficult to fit this into most decks kinda stinks. Maybe fit 2 in most decks, but then ull need 2 more spots if u want virbank.
Quad Sigilyph just became awesome.

Back