Ruling Hydreigon's Dark Aura and Special Energy

DeepSleepDarkrai

Aspiring Trainer
79-hydreigon.jpg

Ok so my question is when Hydreigon has a Special Engery attached is it still a Special Energy or does it change to a basic Darkness Energy. I'm asking this to find out if it will be affected by Enhanced Hammer or Exp. Share.

The type the Energy provides would be Dark, but the text and effects on the Special Energy card doesn't change (you still get the +10 damage from Special Dark, etc.). It's still in fact, a Special Energy which means it's susceptible to being removed or discarded by Lost Remover, Enhanced Hammer, etc. Also because of that, it can't be moved with EXP Share because it's still a Special Energy (correct me if I'm wrong on that). Think of it this way if it's a little confusing for you. Even if he had a DCE attached, he would still be able to get free Retreat from Darkrai EX because the Double Colorless acts as a "double Dark Energy".

dmaster out.

Also because of that, it can't be moved with EXP Share because it's still a Special Energy (correct me if I'm wrong on that). Think of it this way if it's a little confusing for you. Even if he had a DCE attached, he would still be able to get free Retreat from Darkrai EX because the Double Colorless acts as a "double Dark Energy".
Correct.

It doesn't change the Energy into a Basic Energy; it's just a Special Energy that provides {D} only, instead of whatever it normally gives.

Back