JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
The Hydreigon evolution line was revealed from the upcoming Japanese set SV1a Triplet Beat, which releases on March 10th. Cards from this set will most likely become part of our second Scarlet & Violet set releasing at the end of June.
Deino – Darkness – HP70
Basic Pokemon
[D][C] Ambush: 20 damage. Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 20 more damage.
Weaknesss: Grass (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 1

Zweilous – Darkness – HP100
Stage 1 – Evolves from Deino
[C] Find a Friend: Search your deck...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Hunga

Oh no! Rotation in sight
Been getting a lot of this lately:
*sees pokebeach announcement*
“Aaaaa it’s one of my favourite Pokémon and the art is so gooood, I wonder if they’ll make it playable for once…”
*reads card*
“oh”

Yeah... But lets face the real issue here:
Thanks to powercreep everything feels useless! :D

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Been getting a lot of this lately:
*sees pokebeach announcement*
“Aaaaa it’s one of my favourite Pokémon and the art is so gooood, I wonder if they’ll make it playable for once…”
*reads card*
“oh”
Stage 2 single-prizers are probably the least likely to be playable and that's been the case for as long as I've been playing (EX times) and possibly as long as multiprizers have been a thing. They just have a conflicting design that requires resources and commitment to get something that'll probably still get OHKO'd by a multiprizer.

Nos

Aspiring Trainer
Not that any of these would see play for any reason, but why put the "Find a Friend" type attack on the Stage 1, that most people will just Rare Candy over, instead of on the currently useless Basic. Disappointing line all around.

ThatUnlimitedProf

I'm Shayne, also known as ThatUnlimitedProfessor!
Can they just come up with an old rare candy that can evolve to non-rule box Pokemon already? Unless they can immediately evolve, they'll always be useless.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
The thing is that they constantly give two-prizers good attacks and useful abilities, even if the Pokemon itself sucks majorly (i.e Lumineon V or Sableye V). Which sounds fine on paper but as we all know that makes 90% of stage 2s useless because, even if the Pokemon itself is good they usually suck. I don't know why they do this. Gallade, Hydreigon, Kommo-o, Metagross, Samurott and Promarina are some third-stage Pokemon that are quite good in the games, but how are they in the TCG? Awful. Because they rarely ever give them any cards that aren't Stage-2s. What's the point of making a game based on a series with 1000 animals if you're not gonna treat a chunk of the good ones with the respect they deserve? And this isn't only a TCG issue, it's also very much a Spinoff issue. Anyone who plays unite knows how laughably bad Decidueye was at launch. Or how bad Alolan Ninetales is curretly. Despite them being VERY, VERY beloved, and having thousands upon thousands of fans. Anyone who plays GO knows how weirdly balanced that game is, that's all I'll say..

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Not that any of these would see play for any reason, but why put the "Find a Friend" type attack on the Stage 1, that most people will just Rare Candy over, instead of on the currently useless Basic. Disappointing line all around.
My point was that Bellosom CRZ was the first Bellossom since AOR—and it's pure bulk with zero redeeming qualities. Bellossom has gotten VERY little love in the TCG and it'll probably be YEARS until we see another Bellossom—which will probably also be bulk.

And it's not like Bellossom is some random baby Pokémon, either. It evolves from Oddish, which has seen quite a few cards alongside Gloom and Vileplume, but for some reason they can't be arsed to also print a Bellossom when Vileplume gets a card.

PaisleyParks

A Story About Breaking a Curse
They really bit themselves in the ass when they stopped making theme decks. Like you could kind of excuse this and the previous Tinkaton if they were intentionally weak cards in a product for kids or whatever, but as it stands they're just mediocre stage 2s in a sea of mediocre stage 2s.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
My point was that Bellosom CRZ was the first Bellossom since AOR—and it's pure bulk with zero redeeming qualities. Bellossom has gotten VERY little love in the TCG and it'll probably be YEARS until we see another Bellossom—which will probably also be bulk.

And it's not like Bellossom is some random baby Pokémon, either. It evolves from Oddish, which has seen quite a few cards alongside Gloom and Vileplume, but for some reason they can't be arsed to also print a Bellossom when Vileplume gets a card.
And it's not even like Bellossom is bad, either. They could easily just take a look at its serebii page and make a neat stage 1 with a good ability, low HP, low retreat cost and decent attack (maybe it would paralyze for 2 grass). But, much like all the Pokemon i mentioned, they just don't care. They'd rather give us the 70th sableye with an annoying attack, or the 10th charizard card that does 300 damage. I do not believe the people making this game even care about Pokemon themselves.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
They really bit themselves in the ass when they stopped making theme decks. Like you could kind of excuse this and the previous Tinkaton if they were intentionally weak cards in a product for kids or whatever, but as it stands they're just mediocre stage 2s in a sea of mediocre stage 2s.
I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS AND IT'S SO TRUE! Infernape from BST sucks but could you imagine how good it would be as a theme deck? Or that one Grimmsnarl from Fusion Strike?