• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Hydreigon/Darkrai/Prism

LuxTwo

TeamSandileWich
I had a Darkrai/Hydreigon list for a while and have been playing it, but I recently decided on changing it to add Prism-variants. Is this a good start? xP

Pokemon:19
4 Sableye DEX
3-2-3 Hydreigon DGX(Dark Trance)
3 Darkrai EX
1 Shaymin EX
1 Keldeo EX
1 Mewtwo EX
1 Giratina EX/ Landorus EX(I dont know which I want to play)

T/S/S:27
3 Professor Juniper
3 N
2 Bianca

4 Dark Patch
3 Ultra Ball
3 Pokemon Communication
3 Rare Candy
2 Pokemon Catcher
2 Max Potion
2 Random Receiver

Energy:14
6 Dark
4 Prism
2 Blend{G}{R}{P}{D}
2 DCE

The strategy is to play it a Darkrai/Hydreigon, but use the other EXs occasionally as a counter to certain decks. I don't know how good this deck is. I havent play tested it or anything. Any help would be nice.
Thanks in advance =)
-LuxTwo

Play giritina.
-4 Prisms
+2 Blend
+2 Dark
This allows you to attack with hydreigon easier, since prism only works for basics
-1 Keldeo
+1 Mewtwo
Although Keldeo seems better, everything will have free retreat and Mewtwo is a better attacker.
-3 P. Communication
+1 Ultra Ball
+1 Max Potion
+1 Catcher

-1 Receiver
+1 juniper
-2 DCE if you cant move it around and it's only in there for Mewtwo, you'll be better off with something else
+1 N
+1 Bianca

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
Play giritina.
-4 Prisms
+2 Blend
+2 Dark
This allows you to attack with hydreigon easier, since prism only works for basics
-1 Keldeo
+1 Mewtwo
Although Keldeo seems better, everything will have free retreat and Mewtwo is a better attacker.
-3 P. Communication
+1 Ultra Ball
+1 Max Potion
+1 Catcher

-1 Receiver
+1 juniper
-2 DCE if you cant move it around and it's only in there for Mewtwo, you'll be better off with something else
+1 N
+1 Bianca

Doesn't the -4 Prisms ruin the point of the deck? Keldeo is a counter for Landorus(which is a big problem for me). Changing the energy and Pokemon literally changes everything back to my Hydreigon/Darkrai deck :D

The other stuff seems alright though. I'll try them out. Thanks =)

LuxTwo said:
AlexanderTheAwesome said:
Play giritina.
-4 Prisms
+2 Blend
+2 Dark
-1 Keldeo
+1 Mewtwo
-3 P. Communication
+1 Ultra Ball
+1 Max Potion
+1 Catcher

-1 Receiver
+1 juniper
+1 N
+1 Bianca

Doesn't the -4 Prisms ruin the point of the deck? Keldeo is a counter for Landorus(which is a big problem for me). Changing the energy and Pokemon literally changes everything back to my Hydreigon/Darkrai deck :D

The other stuff seems alright though. I'll try them out. Thanks =)

Oh, I thought you were trying to make hydreigon/Darkrai

LuxTwo said:
I had a Darkrai/Hydreigon list for a while and have been playing it, but I recently decided on changing it to add Prism-variants. Is this a good start? xP

Pokemon:19
4 Sableye DEX
3-2-3 Hydreigon DGX(Dark Trance)
3 Darkrai EX
1 Shaymin EX
1 Keldeo EX
1 Mewtwo EX
1 Giratina EX/ Landorus EX(I dont know which I want to play)

T/S/S:27
3 Professor Juniper
3 N
2 Bianca

4 Dark Patch
3 Ultra Ball
3 Pokemon Communication
3 Rare Candy
2 Pokemon Catcher
2 Max Potion
2 Random Receiver

Energy:14
6 Dark
4 Prism
2 Blend{G}{R}{P}{D}
2 DCE

The strategy is to play it a Darkrai/Hydreigon, but use the other EXs occasionally as a counter to certain decks. I don't know how good this deck is. I havent play tested it or anything. Any help would be nice.
Thanks in advance =)
-LuxTwo

A couple of things here from my own personal experience with this deck, that I'm hoping will help u out:

1st Pokemon:

1. 3 Sable DEX is better imo, there's still a decent chance of starting with it, but there's no need to run 4 because a couple of those will never even be used and will be rubbish in the deck late game.

2. 3-1-3 Hdrei DRX works better for me, with 3 Candies, Computer Search and 3 Skyla in the list I run, most of the time I set up around turn 2 with Rare Candies and have no need to run 2 of the middle evolution.

3. I run 1 Terrakion NVI [Helps Darkrai EX mirror], 1 Sigi DRX [Huge meta card at the moment], 1 Keldeo EX [Helps the Landorus matchup, a bad matchup for this deck].

4. Landorus EX is bad here, because u wanna be able to start with Sable, not Landorus, u don't want to discard 2 Prism's with the 2nd attack to get a OHKO on Pokemon such as Darkrai EX.

5. Giratina EX is not a card I would advise here, its not a bad card, but there are better attackers out here, and it doesn't help a lot of the matchups that much, other than the Terrakion NVI match, which still requires 4 energies and a triple deck discard to knock out.

>Shaymin EX is a decent choice as a Keldeo EX counter but this deck doesn't have a bad Keldeo EX matchup at all, in particular in the list I run, also whenever I run Shaymin EX I tend to seem to start with it, or be forced to discard it midgame etc, so I'm not a huge fan of it, just personal opinion this one though.

2nd Supporters:

1. 8 Supporters is far too low imo, I know that Supporters are not too important in this deck but I still like to run more to counter a late game N, and cards like Skyla really help this deck set up and grab those all important cards like Max Potion.

2. I run 4 Juniper [useful to counter late game N's, and great for setting up at the start, best supporter around atm imo], 4 N [Allows shuffle draw, and great comebacks in the late game] , 3 Skyla [great for searching out that all important card to win the match, no luck from draws needed].

3rd Items:

1. Minus 1 Dark Patch, there's no desperate need to Dark Patch so much here, Sable DEX can return them if needed, and the attackers in this deck tend not to get knocked out most of the time due to Max Potion healing.

2. Plus 1 Pokemon Catcher, even though this deck is not the most reliant on Catcher's and it has Sable DEX, 3 Pokemon Catcher is still a must as its still one of the best cards in the game even in this deck.

+ 1 Computer Search ACE SPEC [obvious reasons]
+ 1 Super Rod [useful for returning 1 of tech attackers into the deck if it dies]
+ 1 Level Ball [useful for searching out Basic Pokemon]
-3 Pokemon Communication [still a decent search card, but I tend to in particular at the start of the game, not be able to put this card to good use.]

4th Energies:

With the list that I have been using I decided to go with this:

Energies:12
8 Dark
4 Prism

> I decided that within the current metagame attacking with Hdrei DRX was not that important.

>I decided that running more of a focus on Dark Energies allowed for more consistent Dark Patches, and a better Hammertime matchup.

> I would never run something like DCE in HDD, because it can't be moved around, simple as that.

thematteo0 said:
A couple of things here from my own personal experience with this deck, that I'm hoping will help u out:

1st Pokemon:

1. 3 Sable DEX is better imo, there's still a decent chance of starting with it, but there's no need to run 4 because a couple of those will never even be used and will be rubbish in the deck late game.

2. 3-1-3 Hdrei DRX works better for me, with 3 Candies, Computer Search and 3 Skyla in the list I run, most of the time I set up around turn 2 with Rare Candies and have no need to run 2 of the middle evolution.

3. I run 1 Terrakion NVI [Helps Darkrai EX mirror], 1 Sigi DRX [Huge meta card at the moment], 1 Keldeo EX [Helps the Landorus matchup, a bad matchup for this deck].

4. Landorus EX is bad here, because u wanna be able to start with Sable, not Landorus, u don't want to discard 2 Prism's with the 2nd attack to get a OHKO on Pokemon such as Darkrai EX.

5. Giratina EX is not a card I would advise here, its not a bad card, but there are better attackers out here, and it doesn't help a lot of the matchups that much, other than the Terrakion NVI match, which still requires 4 energies and a triple deck discard to knock out.

>Shaymin EX is a decent choice as a Keldeo EX counter but this deck doesn't have a bad Keldeo EX matchup at all, in particular in the list I run, also whenever I run Shaymin EX I tend to seem to start with it, or be forced to discard it midgame etc, so I'm not a huge fan of it, just personal opinion this one though.

2nd Supporters:

1. 8 Supporters is far too low imo, I know that Supporters are not too important in this deck but I still like to run more to counter a late game N, and cards like Skyla really help this deck set up and grab those all important cards like Max Potion.

2. I run 4 Juniper [useful to counter late game N's, and great for setting up at the start, best supporter around atm imo], 4 N [Allows shuffle draw, and great comebacks in the late game] , 3 Skyla [great for searching out that all important card to win the match, no luck from draws needed].

3rd Items:

1. Minus 1 Dark Patch, there's no desperate need to Dark Patch so much here, Sable DEX can return them if needed, and the attackers in this deck tend not to get knocked out most of the time due to Max Potion healing.

2. Plus 1 Pokemon Catcher, even though this deck is not the most reliant on Catcher's and it has Sable DEX, 3 Pokemon Catcher is still a must as its still one of the best cards in the game even in this deck.

+ 1 Computer Search ACE SPEC [obvious reasons]
+ 1 Super Rod [useful for returning 1 of tech attackers into the deck if it dies]
+ 1 Level Ball [useful for searching out Basic Pokemon]
-3 Pokemon Communication [still a decent search card, but I tend to in particular at the start of the game, not be able to put this card to good use.]

4th Energies:

With the list that I have been using I decided to go with this:

Energies:12
8 Dark
4 Prism

> I decided that within the current metagame attacking with Hdrei DRX was not that important.

>I decided that running more of a focus on Dark Energies allowed for more consistent Dark Patches, and a better Hammertime matchup.

> I would never run something like DCE in HDD, because it can't be moved around, simple as that.

Thanks a lot! I'm gonna test it out 1st before I update it though. I really appreciate it. =)

thematteo0 said:

Giritina is a god of a Sigilyph counter. with Hydregion, you can walk through a Quad SIgilyph deck.But that's just prefrence.

My experience: 4-1-3 hydreigon line. Had 2/3 dienos prized once, destroyed my game. It's unlikely you'll prize 3 or four dienos. And If possible you want dieno on your bench T1, so 4 increases that chance.

Emopanda133 said:
thematteo0 said:

Giritina is a god of a Sigilyph counter. with Hydregion, you can walk through a Quad SIgilyph deck.But that's just prefrence.

I guess Giratina EX is a good Sigi counter, but I suppose its because I run Terrakion NVI and my own Sigi DRX in my deck, so I don't need to run Giratina EX as well.

I can think of one reason Alaska may have suggested cresselia over mewtwo. In the direct mewtwo vs. cresselia matchup, cresselia will win if it attacks first and then it has no weakness and probably won't be killed by a suped-up mewtwo sitting on the bench. However, it wouldn't be too difficult because cress takes four energy to attack so meh :/

MtheW said:
I can think of one reason Alaska may have suggested cresselia over mewtwo. In the direct mewtwo vs. cresselia matchup, cresselia will win if it attacks first and then it has no weakness and probably won't be killed by a suped-up mewtwo sitting on the bench. However, it wouldn't be too difficult because cress takes four energy to attack so meh :/

The energy isn't a problem, if you can attack with Hydregion, you can attack with Cresselia.

I think that he was getting at the four energies left on cresselia after attacking. Having the energies on the field isn't the problem it's the auto 120 damage done without the weakness. Hydreigon discards two energy to use dragon blast, so if the mewtwo only has two energies attached, hydreigon is taking 80 damage, cresselia is taking 120. I think that I would rather use mewtwo to fight mewtwo because another two energies and the weakness doesn't matter and mewtwo can deal more damage than 90, especially in the hydreigon deck.

Exactly what I was getting at. The four energy cause cress to take extra damage even without the weakness. Cress is a decent idea, just not practical.

On the same token though, if you get revenge hit by a Mewtwo EX, which will never happen, that's suicide, you can move the energy, Max Potion, then OHKO it back.

I don't see why it couldn't with mewtwo being in every blastoise and eelbox deck as well as your mirror hydreigon deck. And decks that run more than one mewtwo also tend to run DCE for the one turn set up. Of course ideally, you would max potion, but really one of the best parts about playing mewtwo against mewtwo is that the revenge KO doesn't eliminate all of your energies. If the opposing mewtwo had 2 energies attached, the revenge KO would take three energies off of your field, not 4 with cresselia. Then you get the first round of night spear damage from darkrai, with darkrai's resistance probably not going to OHKO darkrai (also probably eviolited) and you knock another mewtwo off the field the second Night spear (after dark trancing to a free max potion etc). I play mewtwo expecting the revenge KO. Just to get mewtwo off of the field many people will sacrifice their own.

Back