XY Huge scoop in CoroCoro in August!

"MegaMawile has the ability Huge Power. MegaBlaziken has Speed Boost. MegaLucario has Adaptability. MegaAbsol has the ability Magic Bounce."
So um
Let's see here, new ~mega~ evolutions for obnoxiously popular Pokemon
All with OP abilities (none of which have anything to do with the originals other than Blaziken's Speed Boost)
If this is real it's the first thing I'll be genuinely disappointed with.

Jay said:
Phoenix EX said:
I bet it's real. Remember when the Awakened Mewtwo image first leaked? Most people thought it was fake, but look what happened.

While the others look okay, I just can't imagine them trying to sell a wig as an ampharos evo.

They have given it a curly tail too. So that surely makes it worthy ;)

Jay said:
Phoenix EX said:
I bet it's real. Remember when the Awakened Mewtwo image first leaked? Most people thought it was fake, but look what happened.

While the others look okay, I just can't imagine them trying to sell a wig as an ampharos evo.

Well it's not an evolution, it's a Mega Form. I guess it would be like an alternate form. Whether it's more powerful, I don't know. Who knows, maybe it's just a change in stats like speed, defense, etc.

New gym leader?
h56z.jpg

Additional:
tumblr_mr7xc7iejp1s2kalqo1_1280.jpg

I'm sorry but this just looks fake. The pictures of the pokemon do not look at all like pokemon artwork (IMO) and just out of curiosity, and I may very well be wrong, but even a detail as small as the page looks off. Something about that page just does not seem legit.

I love every Pokemon that is released and welcome the new generations with open arms, but if Pokemon were to do this I do not know if I would be able to move on with the series. There is a certain line in Pokemon that I feel should not be passed, included is 4 stage evolutions and "mega" pokemon are just pressing into the boundaries of what is acceptable for Pokemon.

Wasn't it confirmed mewtwo awakened forme is a ....forme? So why would call it a mega evolution? This contradicts the recent movie and prologue episode as mewtwo switched between formes. :(

A certain other site seems to think it's confirmed because the Corocoro cover has been leaked too which has MegaLucario on it :(

I really doubted this is real at first but it seems to be real they even have the cover out with "megalucario" on it.

McMuffins said:
I'm sorry but this just looks fake. The pictures of the pokemon do not look at all like pokemon artwork (IMO) and just out of curiosity, and I may very well be wrong, but even a detail as small as the page looks off. Something about that page just does not seem legit.

I love every Pokemon that is released and welcome the new generations with open arms, but if Pokemon were to do this I do not know if I would be able to move on with the series. There is a certain line in Pokemon that I feel should not be passed, included is 4 stage evolutions and "mega" pokemon are just pressing into the boundaries of what is acceptable for Pokemon.

Why not?
Many called for changes in the series and they are doing now. I think they will be okay. No mergers or quarters risky evolutions (confirmed, are new ways), if not alternative ways to improve Pokémon (hopefully all).

The thing that mostly disappoints me is that there are SO MANY Pokemon that DESPERATELY need boosts but instead they decided to boost up already powerful pokemon?? (Lucario, Blaziken)?? Makes NO SENSE to me

I'm actually hoping these are real and just provide like a temporary boost in stats and a better ability. The new "bond" mechanic maybe what is used to activate the form change and it will only last for a like a day, maybe? But I guess the Mega stone would also have to play a pert in this.

Personally I don't think that they might announce the third game before X and Y yet but a few ideas came to my mind after I read the thread.The first thing I thought and that almost everybody is saying is about pre-evolutions and evolutions of old Pokemons which I think is very good and its likely possible to happen.The other two things I thought are a RPG and a MMORPG game and multiple storylines .I know that the MMORPG-RPG is very difficult and a little confusing how to make it possible to work.The other one about the multiple storylines is very interesting.It would be amazing that after the same formula storyline the game continues with other plots like facing another evil team or a badass organization that has gained power on the older regions ,a good old character turns evil.I can't think a lot right now but it would be cool to add this stuff because the game deserves it.

McFadyen said:
McMuffins said:

Why not?
Many called for changes in the series and they are doing now. I think they will be okay. No mergers or quarters risky evolutions (confirmed, are new ways), if not alternative ways to improve Pokémon (hopefully all).

I don't know. Something about this whole "mega" idea just does not seem right to me. And I was perfectly fine with Mewtwo-A and the introduction of the Fairy type.

And besides, Speed Boost Blaziken was good enough before, imagine the same thing but in a new, more powerful form. :(

Woke up, remembered CoroCoro might leak soon, checked if it did, and then immediately thought, "What in the world am I looking at?"

That mouse looks too much like a baby Raichu. The rabbit reminds me of that dumb bunny on Super Mario 64 that you had to catch. Baby Gogoat, eh..

Mega Evolution? Why Blaziken? I never thought they would ever touch a starter for future form/evolutions. I'm not entirely sold on this whole evolution idea but if it's real people can stop complaining about not having evolutions for Mawile and Absol.

I can see GameFreak adding more Mega Forms for the 3rd game in the series. Maybe a Mega Form for the Z Pokemon?

The new Mewtwo form doesn't fit with the style of the other MegaPokemon... Starting to smell a bit fishy...

Back