riolu
seviper
tangrowth
relicanth
tangela
Lost Remover
research documents
Lost world

what do you guys think about this set now?
does this change the value of some cards?
what cards do you think are top 10?

The tins have advertised shinies in "upcoming expansions". I bet that there would be some in Triumphant.

Really quick, you accidently listed Volbeat as not being in the set when the scan is up and it's in the list you posted.

Anyway nice list, and fortunately nothing I really cared about (at least by your list) got cut.

Wow, I'm actually glad Lost World got cut in this set despite how everyone has been gearing decks based around it with Gengar Prime only to realize their deck has been crippled unless the cards that didn't make it in this set will be in the Black & White Base Set which doesn't seem likely.

I think this is going to spice up the metagame somewhat, most of the cards I wanted to get out of this set made it. Seeker, Celebi Prime, and possibly Victreebel which is a HOLO Foil in this set. I already have a funny idea of what I'm running for my new deck.

Top 10 cards from HS Triumphant IMO:

1 ) Seeker -

It's basically an SSU without the flip in Supporter form, helps you reuse Uxie LA for Set Up, works nice with Vileplume UD and BTS, among other things. I'd probably squeeze in at least 2 or 3 in a deck...

2 ) Junk Arm (Item Finder) -

So they reprinted Item Finder from Base Set, now I can use Luxury Ball twice in a Modified legal format how charming. Furthermore it helps discard decks like Gyarados and Kingdra to recycle Trainer cards to reuse again but the threat of Trainer Lock is still there.

3 ) Rescue Energy -

I already see this being played in VileGar after getting a Fainting Spell kicked off, could also work well in other decks but I see it having the best synergy with Gengar SF at the moment.

4 ) Celebi Prime -

Despite being bad against SP's it can be quite a menace against Stage 1 and 2 decks with it's attack alone and If you manage to set it up in time to use it's attack especially combining it with Umbreon UD or Mightyena LA you have a stall engine going.

5 ) Mew Prime -

Makes Machamp SF even more broken with Take Out by getting a 2nd turn Donk, has other combo potential with other cards as well. It can even copy Sableye and be quite devastating in SP decks. It doesn't necessarily suck as bad as you think but could've been better I suppose.

6 ) Solrock -

With Lunatone SV you can pretty much incapacitate Nidoqueen RR, Blissey Prime, Garchomp C Lv. X,
Gengar Lv. X, Flygon Lv. X, Torterra UL, and Venusaur (Pokemon Rumble) since they love to remove damage counters and bench snipe. With Lunatone you won't have to worry about getting bench sniped by Lv. X's while you can also prevent Garchomp C Lv. X from using Healing Breath as well.

7 ) Machamp Prime -

Great with Donphan Prime, nuff said.

8 ) Ditto -

Hurts decks like Charizard that rely on the bench to do damage or maximize their damage output, also puts SP's in a bind, not to mention Seeker is nasty with Ditto as well.

9 ) Magnezone Prime -

The supposed replacement for Claydol GE from last format, it can do great in it's own deck but as a tech I don't see it doing very well. Reasons being cause it's a Stage 2, weak to Fighting, and you'd have to rely on BTS or Rare Candy to get it out as fast as possible to draw up to 5 or 6 every turn. That and SP's can just Power Spray it like they did with Claydol and Uxie last format.

10 ) Electrode Prime

The pseudo Togekiss GE, at the cost of your Opponent getting a Prize you get to attach energies like crazy. Definitely has potential.

im a bit disapointed that lost world was removed.
it makes gengar prime pretty much useless >_<

I'm really hoping this list is wrong or I will be selling the box I got because Mew Prime and Gengar Prime are now useless essentially making this set even less useful than Undaunted.

Also, it seems the Age of the SP shall continue until they kill it with rotations... sigh.

It was either that or Lost World making the game too broken. I've heard of some people who considered quitting the Pokemon TCG If Lost World got printed including amisheskimoninja. I will admit that If Lost World was kept in HS Triumphant it would've had the potential to counter SP's to unplayability completely and that would hurt the value of Luxray GL Lv. X.

Then again the rotation system already hurts card value in this game but that's beside the point. Lost World decks would end up replacing decks like LuxChomp and enable early game wins that are almost as bad as getting Donked on Turn 2. I see it hurting decks that take time to setup such as Steelix Prime/Blissey than decks that are Aggro Rush like Charizard and Jumpluff.

I'm sick of SP decks as much as everyone else is, heck all the decks that made the Top 4 at BR's in my area were all SP however you have to think how much of an impact Lost World could've had in other matchups that aren't SP. Those decks probably wouldn't of had the chance to keep up and the Lost World decks probably would've won as a result of power creep.

Sure you could of tried to counter Lost World with Flygon RR's Sand Wall but it probably wouldn't of mattered If they had enough Pokemon in their Lost Zone or were 1 card shy of an auto-win. SP decks are just as bad as Lost World decks are and I still feel that they were a big mistake to begin with since Platinum Base Set cause it dwarfed the competitive metagame to where other decks that aren't SP are Tier 2 or below.

NOOOOOOOO!!!! Pachirisu's not in the set!!!!! Now my Raichu Prime deck is way slower..... :( But I love the fact that Lost World isn't in the set.

~A+G

I'm kinda glad lost world got cut. The game will remain fun, at least until the next set.

How do we know patchi got cut? It could still be between drapion and solrock, right?

amisheskimoninja said:
I'm kinda glad lost world got cut. The game will remain fun, at least until the next set.

How do we know patchi got cut? It could still be between drapion and solrock, right?

Why do you think Lost World is being saved for our Black & White Base Set? It wouldn't make any sense. And yes Pachirisu did get cut unless I see one at the Pre-Release tomorrow or today since it's already past midnight. :p

I'm glad Lost Remover got cut cause that would be like having Energy Removal in the format again.

pachirisu had to get cut.
it could fit in as a holo instead of rapidash, but then theres no place for rapidash in the rares.
and pachirisu has no place in the rares.

**** PUSA i wanted to make a Lostgar deck and now they ****ing ruined it.
EDIT: No point of getting gengar prime then. :(

I'm glad Magmortar is a non Holo rare. I kinda wanted to bring back a deck I had from ages ago back in the days of Fossil Moltres.

Lucario got the cut o_O There goes my SD. Oh well, at least Lost World got the cut too.

Pachirisu - Lightning - HP60
Basic Pokemon

Poke-Power: Self Charge
You can use this power once during your turn when you play this card from your hand onto your Bench. Attach up to 2 Lightning Energy cards from your hand to this Pokemon.

[L][C] Buzz Bolt: 50 damage. Place all Energy attached to this Pokemon in the Lost Zone.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Metal (-20)
Retreat: 1

Back