How to Make a Deck Box Tutorial

CarlosDuranJr

Carlitosbob
Supplies

20120908_161832.jpg

If you don't have glue, tape works just fine, but you do for sure need tape.

step 1. remove the front and detach the glued parts.

step 2, remove top flap and split in two.

step 3, measure 7.2cm up from the bottom and mark it. step 3, measure 7.2cm up from the bottom and mark it.

step 4, cut off back and keep the sides. bend sides inward at the lines.

step 5, Mark side flaps with dice cube (will decide thickness of box)

step 6, cut notches out

step 7, Mark bottom of box to width (or depth) of dice cube and cut off.

step 8, bend sides along lines drawn and secure corner.

step 9, secure sides to bottom, giving it some shape. (left shows the bottom notch cut left shows a split notch instead, cutting it off works better, so I didn't describe the slit vs notched)

step 10, cut bottom of front to be level like this

step 11, secure front/bottom to box.

step 12, level off former box top.

step 13, secure former top to side flaps (can be done to outside of flaps, but works best for inside of flaps as shown in the back)

step 14, cut portion of back panel that was removed earlier along the top of the set logo

step 15, crease logo with dice cube

step 16, cut along left side of set logo (I accidentally also cut the right side so I had to tape it back on)

step 17, using the dice cube, guide the set logo strip to the edge of the box and secure with tape.

step 18, remove dice cube and secure back of set logo strip. This keeps your cards from getting damaged by the dice cube, so I highly recommend taping both the inside and outside of the strip

step 19, tape down front of the box. This will secure the box closed, so make sure it'll hold but is also not glued in place, just taped on the sides.

step 20, trim the bottom edges of the former lid flap. This will be the lid and will be shortened to your liking later for ease of opening the box, so also trim it along the bottom about 1/2 inch.

step 21, using the dice cube, make a guide line and crease it.

Step 22, tuck front of flap behind victini, but behind kyurem.

step 23, tape top of lid to the back of the box. multiple times, since this is the hinge. maybe use duct tape on the inside of this flap.

Step 24, shorten the bottom of the flap if it's too hard to open, but not too much that it won't close.

If you need any help, feel free to pm me or reply to this post

RE: how to make a deck box out of an empty booster box that holds a deck and dice cube.

Cool!!! I gotta make one of these. Thanks for the instructions!

RE: how to make a deck box out of an empty booster box that holds a deck and dice cube.

You're welcome, just make sure you don't give the dice cube extra room, it's a tight fit and the older (taller) ultra pro sleeves might not fit

That's awesome, very creative!

Hey Carlos, I like your tutorial for making a deckbox, this is really cool.

I've been wanting to create a list of tutorials for PokBeach and make a large index. Is there any way we could work together to make your tutorial really professional? It's a really cool craft that we would like to add.

If I have your permission to use and edit your images, I can try to lay out everything nicely and then we can look over it together. You will get credit for the tutorial of course.

Sure thing.

I just realized how broken my links are =p

I'll email you the pictures if they're still on my phone

Back