How to Build a Cradily Deck (Future-Cast)

Thunder Crown said:
Dark Void said:
Hahahaha no.

First of all, Virizion Genesect isn't going to be anywhere near the BDIF. If Catcher isn't rotated out, which you don't seem to think it will be, then Genesect's Ability is a waste and probably not even worth running Plasma Energy for. Secondly, Genesect's attack is pretty much worse than Darkrai's as the only notable thing that 100 damage hits that 90 doesn't is Absol, but sniping in multiples of 30 is way better than sniping in multiples of 20. Genesect will do a little better against Blastoise because it can OHKO the stage 2, but that's about it. Keldeo isn't really used an attack much anymore, and BKEX can OHKO Genesect every turn so the matchup is hardly a blowout for Genesect.

Another problem is that your energy acceleration relies on the attacks of another Pokemon, and that Pokemon can't even use its energy accelerating attack unless it has 2 energy on it. This means that if a deck can get the setup to repeatedly OHKO EXes (which some decks can do) then Genesect/Virizion doesn't stand a chance.

Also, Cradily sucks. Its not going to be a metagame deck, let alone BDIF, even if Prism affects the stage 2 Pokemon. Its going to be a rogue, maybe it will win a couple of small events, but unless some new card comes out that helps it a lot/hurts everything else or we have a wacky rotation then I doubt Cradily will ever be tier 1.
Have you seen the madness in Japan? In other words, Genesect is so inconsistent in good that its terrifying. Genesect-EX, even with Virizion-EX, is terrible unless one card exists (which it does); G-Booster. Essentially allowing Genesect to dish out 200 per turn, thats just as deadly as Black Kyurem-EX. With Shadow Triad, being able to recycle it is even more epic. To top that, Genesect's retreat is one, which means he can go into Virizion-EX, accelerate, and since Virizion has one retreat too you start over again. The only thing that stops this is if your G-booster is prized, which is why it is so inconsistent.
And the one card that hurts everything is already released. Guess what it is.

Bidoof DRX!

so, now that we have a confirmed rotation, anybody had any thoughts about what to do with this deck? Most of the major Stage 2s that could see play in here are still here, since Emboar was reprinted as a shiny.

we lose gothitelle EP, samurott BW vanilluxe NV and levanny NV, but thats only 4 (and maybe a little bit more, if there are some good things I forgot) compared to the tons we still have. It's still about as good as before, at least in my opinion.

I believe a deck like this is what I'm playing:

Pokémon:18

3x Lileep
2x Cradily
2x Magnezone (Team Plasma)
2x Gardevoir
2x Gallade
1x Gothitelle EPO/Dusknoir BCR(in case EBB does not come out in the West)
2x Mew-EX
2x Mewtwo-EX
2x Keldeo-EX

Trainers: 30

4x N
3x Juniper
2x Caitlyn
2x Skyla
3x Catcher
1x Computer Search
3x Ultra Ball
4x Root Fossil Lileep
2x Float Stone
2x Exp, Share
2x Super Rod
2x Tool Scrapper

Energy:12

4x Blend GFPD
2x Double Colorless Energy
6x Psychic Energy

My mind has been on this type of deck for awhile. True it will more than likely not be competitive in most ways, but I think this would be a hilarious deck to play with (even more so if it actually won things consistently).

My idea for this was using just a couple or a few stage 2 Pokemon, the mandatories being Vileplume (Boundaries) and Empoleon (DEX). 4x Weakness is just OP, and Empoleon gives draw power plus fits the 1 energy attacker role. The rest would be basics that can attack with 1 energy, like Landorus EX (or Stunfisk), Thundurus EX, Cobalion EX, and Mew EX (if you can copy an attack). It'd be awesome for Lando to hit for 120 with 1 energy lol. Of course I don't remember what else I had in mind for this, I don't have my deck on hand at the moment, though there are tons more that can be done to it.

I noticed Virizion EX was also discussed as an energy accelerator of sorts, though why not use Shaymin EX? It just needs 1 energy instead of 2, it can act on T1 with no other support and you could get Cradily with 2 energies (one being grass obviously) out on T2 at the earliest. Then Shaymin EX can hit for good amounts of damage if your opponent picked up a couple of prizes or more.

The reasons I went with Virizion over Shaymin are that it has the big HP, and gives immunity to lasers. The problem with Shaymin is going up against something like TDK, you don't want that donk.

Here is my deck I came up with, I am pretty new to competitive play and I would like any advice I could get :) . The basic strategy is to get out Chandulres with float stones on them and be able to do damage with their ability ( up to 120 damage a turn ) to any of your opponents pokemon this takes no energy so you should be able to get it up and running quite fast. You would still have an attack left though so sholud I add something like bedrill? Also because they have no energy attached you would be able to heal really easy, and with Reuniclus you could make the most of the max poitions. As far as the support pokemon I didn't research them that much so any ideas are welcome!

Here is the current list I came up with.

3 Virizion EX (PB 9)
4 Chandelure (ND 101)
3 Cradily (PB 4)
3 Lileep (PB 3)
2 Reuniclus (DR 126)
2 Magnezone (PS 46)

4 Float Stone (PF 99)
3 Root Fossil Lileep (PB 87)
4 Max Potion (EP 94)
2 Super Rod (DRV 20)
4 Caitlin (PB 78)
4 N (NV 92)
4 Pokemon Catcher (EP 95)
3 Skyla (BC 134)
1 Computer Search (BC 137)
2 Professor Juniper (DE 98)
2 Ultra Ball (DE 102)
2 Tool Scrapper (DR 116)
2 Super Scoop Up(BW 103)

6 Grass Energy (BW 105)

The 6 garss energy are just to prevent special conditions.

Vanilluxe has some Ability that gives more retreating power (forget exactly what it does or what set it's in) and its a Stage 2.

Yeah that could work but it would take up a bench space and your opponent gets to switch also.

I came up here with what I think is a much better deck. I really don't have any Ideas for good support Pokemon, plus I don't think there is any space with 4 nidoqueen on the bench. With this strategy you should be able to do 180 damage per turn with just a double colorless energy. Not really sure about the trainrers but you never know it might work. :)
3 Virizion EX (PB 9)
3 Cradily (PB 4)
3 Lileep (PB 3)
2 Nidoking (PF 58)
4 Nidoqueen (PF 42)

4 Float Stone (PF 99)
3 Root Fossil Lileep (PB 87)
4 Max Potion (EP 94)
2 Super Rod (DRV 20)
4 Caitlin (PB 78)
4 N (NV 92)
4 Pokemon Catcher (EP 95)
3 Skyla (BC 134)
1 Computer Search (BC 137)
2 Professor Juniper (DE 98)
2 Twist Mountain(DE 101)

8 Grass Energy (BW 105)
4 Double Colorless Energy (ND 92)

I've tested extensively trying to make this deck work, and it's just too inconsistent. Have had some success with MewTwo EX as starter, Gardevoir & Gallade as Stage 2's. One nice touch - finally found a use for Hugh. The best I managed was 13 mulligans and my opponent having a 17 card hand after benching. Going 1st forced a 12 card discard. Ghetsis can also be very good in that spot shuffling in all the trainers and usually yielding a big draw.

I have been running a cradily deck for a bout a month now. Here is my spread:

Pokemon
2x Mewtwo Ex
1x Regigigas Ex
4x Gallade
4x Blastoise
4x Lileep
3x Cradily

Trainers
3x Juniper
3x N's
4x Root Fossils
2x Skyla
2x Ultra Balls
3x Catchers
1x Colress
1x Float Stone
1x Scramble Switch
1x Superior Energy Retrieval
2x Energy Retrieval

Energy
4x Grass
11x Water
2x Double Colorless

This deck relies on energy acceleration. Once you use Life Splosion, you draw out Blastoise first and Gallade second. Your basic, whether its Mewtwo or Regi is going to be sacrificed or retreated in order to get Cradily active. Then you energy accelerate Mewtwo and Blastoise while keeping Gallade as back up. If any of them are knocked out the energy retrieval to deluge the energy again. Always keep Blastoise on your bench unless you have to use him. He is the most important piece to the puzzle.

Back