How to Build a Cradily Deck (Future-Cast)

Three with the turn's attachment. After four it won't matter since you can only have five Benched Pokemon. Your Active is Cradily and one of your Benched has to be Virizion.

poke r said:
t1 emerald slash. without it i cant see cradily getting more than 2 energy on it.

That's what Energy Search / Cilan is partly for. Skyla into energy search is going to be just fine. Virizion EX can eat a turn of whatever attack your opponent is throwing around, while you set up a life explosion. And as for colorless Attackers, there is always Gallade, Hydreigon, and our new Vanniluxe (on the front page now). Personally, I find Gallade to be one of this decks better attackers, since it makes use of your benched, filled up Cradily by boosting damage with those 2-4 energy. That's my 2 cents there.

Hate to trash the party guys but a lot of these ideas
Are going to be rotated by the time cradily comes along.

Weren't the Reuniclus and Serperior Secret Rares? Pokedex would still be rotated, though.

Where has a listed rotation been posted? Because I haven't heard anything from anybody (anywhere) about there being a rotation anytime soon. I'm not saying it won't happen, but I want evidence that it will.

I'll be very interested to see what happens with the TCG, considering the possibilities for worldwide set match-ups to accompany the new video games. But I fear we're getting off topic.

^Should be rotation in September. Most likely to be DEX-on or DRX-on.
My only "evidence" is that they do that every year except for that one time with Sabledonk.

wut about something with Chandy+White Kyurem-EX(Plasma Storm)? it could be viable
Eelektross+Emboar? Magneboar

I think the new Staraptor could be fun with this deck, just using Virizion EX for acceleration, instead of that and something like Blastoise or Emboar. Spend a few turns getting a couple Staraptors set up and ready, then send them up and make your opponent put all that hard work back into their deck, possibly even to win. You could potentially use Serperior and/or Reuniclus with it to try and give it longevity, and that could seriously dampen the set-up decks. hmmm...

SO many possibilities. Something certainly needed to be done to end the reign of EX's and this should do it - why would you play them now (outside of an idea like using the new Virizion EX as a starter) ? If you do, better get that fast donk. Now if they make the change (as it should be), where the person who goes 1st either cannot play a Supporter or not attack on turn 1 then we will be getting somewhere. This card still seems like too drastic of a step - everything is going towards such a fast & heavy hitting game now 'battles' will be over fast - which to me takes too much out of the game - including much of the fun. Magnezone certainly seems like a no-brainer. A couple of plasma Klinklangs & don't have to worry about EX's, or Haxorus to destroy plasma decks. Of course, whatever you choose have to worry about what your opponent is playing in his Cradily deck (which everyone will be playing). Gardevoir / Crobat or Gallade comes to mind, or this makes Empoleon ridiculously easy to play (and this set up virtually gaurantees the quick full bench you want - plus the low energy need really frees up space in the deck). Dusknoir should see plenty of play. Serperior to heal maybe, but there are going to be a lot of ways to 1-shot anything which makes that less useful. Dark setups using dragon Hydreigon. Will it be the death of Eels too ? Blastoise / Emboar acceleration would seem to be so much better (and have Superior Retreival now too). Charizard. I love NVI Chandelure (cursed shadow) so will probably work on something probably with Dusknoir & possibly NEX Vanilluxe. What I've heard is that NEX - on will be where the cut is coming in September ?? .

Of course, if you are going to use fossils - could always try to get Archeops set up T2 - if you go first you stop Cradily entirely. Problem is that grass weakness with Archeops.

Now that I think about it - Victini EX as a starter sounds pretty good too. With Victory Piece (or the right energy attaching to get FCC) kills Virizion EX T1, Lileep / Cradily fire weakness also.

Amphorus / Haxorus / Frozen City has potential too. If not playing Plasma - 50 damage per energy attach (and that is for every attach with Blastoise / Emboar since from hand) is brutal. For Plasma cards have Haxorus.

Glad to see you like the deck idea. :b In this article I was focusing mainly on choosing attackers, but yes, I definitely agree with using other stage 2s such as Dusknoir and Serperior for their phenomenal abilities. As for bringing an end to the EX era, I'm afraid I don't see that happening. Even though this deck has some distinct possibilities once it gets set up, it has serious struggles early game, by requiring a specific order to pull the rabbit out of the hat. Another issue this deck faces is having your stage 2 pokemon knocked out. Even if you decide to run super rod (I suggest you do), you need to send Cradily back up to the active spot if your powerhouse stage 2s get knocked out. Don't take that the wrong way though, I love this deck, and it's the first deck in a few months that I've actually wanted to play. I'm very disappointed with the current meta (I haven't bought any packs of Plasma Freeze), but this deck gives me a glimmer of hope.

I would just like to say that this will NOT be the deck everyone is playing. It's actually kind of bad. What ifyour opponent knocks out Lileep befre you get to use Cradily's attack? An abysmal T3 set up could be delayed innevitably unless you can double bench Lileeps, and being fossils, I imagine that'll be quite difficult. On another note, Plasma Steel only protects Metal Pokemon from EX's.

Getting a Lileep down T1 should happen nearly every time (yes the 2nd one down will take longer most likely) with a well built deck. Plus get to choose your starter card (be it Virizion EX / Victini EX, or whatever you want). Obviously going 1st would be big for any such deck (but that's true almost universally). Could your opponent catcher (or escape rope) the Lileep up & somehow kill it (has 80HP & fire weakness) on T1 - sure it's possible. Not really harder to get set up than a plasma Klang deck or something like Blastoise - which run the risk of only getting a Klink or Squirtle & being done before you even play. So I don't see the possibility stopping that many from using it. You're extremely unlikely to get a quick donk loss. If thinking of using a combination of Klinklangs, then choosing Cobalion EX as your starter seems logical to take advantage of plasma ability stopping EX attacks on everything but your Cradily.

Holding a T1 Ghetsis probably would be very nice with this deck too - considering the likelihood of mulligans swelling your opponents hand.

"I'm very disappointed with the current meta"

Also I have to say - amen to that.

But the difference is you can double bench Klinks and Squirtles. Doing the same with Lileep is harder because it's a fossil and not a Basic. I guess it does help that it has the extra HP, but if it does go down, it hurts a lot worse than it would in Klinklang, because you don't have to have your Stage 2 up to attack. Every turn you don't get Cradily out, your odds of winning drop exponentially because that's your only way to get attackers on the field.

Vileplume BC + Blastoise/Emboar + Techs might be be pretty strong too.

Cradily setup seems super risky though, so might as well go all in, right?

When I first read the translation of Cradily, I thought there was something wrong, as if Cradily was broken. I was kind of thinking of pairing it with Dusknoir BCR or Salamence DRV. It could be pretty dangerous with the right pairing. Looking forward to playing around with it.

The thing is that not only is Cradily not broken, I'm not even sure it'll be good. Its still harder than a Stage 2 to set up consistently and tbh even stage 2s aren't as good as basic attackers nowadays. It will be the slowest and most inconsistent deck in the format almost certainly, and I don't think it has anything to make up for that. It won't have the highest damage in the game and probably not even the best at prize trading. Its not worth running Cradily in already existing stage 2 decks as that usually means another energy type which Prism can't cover as well as a ton of room to actually make it harder to get a single of the stage 2 that you want.

siRisacc said:
Vileplume BC + Blastoise/Emboar + Techs might be be pretty strong too.

Cradily setup seems super risky though, so might as well go all in, right?

I think Vileplume with meta counters might actually be the best build for this deck out of everything I've heard so far. It will require less energy since you only need to hit for 50 to OHKO.

Back