• Please read THIS THREAD if you are a new trader/seller.

Thank you!

How to Begin Trading TCG & More on PokéBeach

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
How to Begin Trading TCG & More on PB

So, you want to begin trading cards or other merchandise on PokéBeach? Great! Keep on reading!

PokéBeach's Marketplace section is one of the safest and most popular places to trade Pokémon cards/goods online. Allow me to guide you through all the steps necessary in order to begin trading here on PB - without breaking any rules.

Step 1: Read the Trading rules. This will only take a few minutes of your time, so please read them to avoid getting in trouble.

Step 2: Put your country in your user profile under "Location." To do this, click on "User CP" near the "Log Out" button at the top of the screen. Then click "Edit Profile" on the sidebar, look under "Additional Information," and put your country in the box that says "Location."

Step 3: Make a Trading Thread (optional): Go to Trading forum. Click on "> Post New Thread in "Trading". In this thread, you can make the title whatever you want, as long as it's not misleading or complete nonsense. Many people like to put what they have or want in the title - an effective way to draw people to your thread! Next, there is a box to the left of where you created your thread title. This is called a prefix tag. You must have one on your thread. It tells us what country you are in and where you ship. (For more information on prefix tags, see this thread: prefix tags.) Then in the thread body, list your rules, where you ship, your wants, and your current items for trade. Now, once all of that is filled out, post the thread. Done that? Great! Now it will disappear. "What?! Disappear?! BV, you mean I just typed all of that for nothing, and now it's gone?!" Nope. It's only hidden. Now only the Mods can see it. Once we see your thread, we will look over it to make sure you haven't broken any rules, (like listing cards for sale, not for trade, decked or incoming...) If everything is okay, we will approve your thread, and then everyone will be able to see it! If something is wrong, we will let you know in PM.

As stated above your list will be hidden until approved, so please do not keep re-posting the same thread! (Unless you are asked to repost it.)

Please Note: Even if you are not going to make a trade thread, you must still have your country in your profile and have read the Maketplace rules. Don't just run off making offers in people's threads. You may receive a warning if you are caught trying to trade without having your country in your profile.

Selling: You cannot sell as a new trader. In order to sell TCG or other Pokémon items to our members, you need to become a Verified Seller.

You can read the requirements and request sales permission here.

Meet the Marketplace Moderators

The members of this staff group are our resident trading professionals. These people watch for suspicious activity in the forums and assist traders if they need help. If you feel you have been ripped off, or simply just have a trading question, look no further than the Marketplace Moderators.

Marketplace Executive Board:
  • [admin]Drohn[/admin]
Marketplace Staff:
  • [mod]Brave Vesperia[/mod]
  • [mod]Mora[/mod]
  • [mod]Athena[/mod]
  • [mod]CuriousCleffa[/mod]

Thanks for reading, and enjoy trading TCG on PokéBeach! :)

- Brave Vesperia and the Marketplace Moderating Staff

How to Post Feedback on a Trade

1. Go to the profile of the member you would like to leave feedback.
2. Click the tab on their profile titled "Trade Reps."
3. Next, click on the link in bold that says "Submit feedback..."
4. Fill out the form on the following page using the format below.

Code:
[b]Rating:[/b]
[b]Buyer/Seller/Trade:[/b]
[b]Communication:[/b]
[b]Description of Cards:[/b]
[b]Shipping:[/b]
[b]Overall/Additional Comments:[/b]

Rating: Positive (+1), Neutral (0), Negative (-1)

Buyer/Seller/Trade: Choose 1. What you were or did in this transaction.

Communication: How were they at responding to your PM's? Did they tell you when they were shipping? Were they honest/dishonest about anything?

Description of Cards: Were cards described accurately?

Shipping: How fast did you receive your item? How was it packaged? (Poorly, Very Good, etc.)

Overall/Additional Comments: Any other thoughts about the trade not provided above?

If you do not file a report before leaving a neutral or negative reputation, you will receive a warning. You may file a report here.

EXAMPLE REPUTATION:

Rating: Positive (+1)
Buyer/Seller/Trade: Trade
Communication: Great communication! PM me when cards were shipping and kept in contact the whole trade!
Descriptions of Cards: Cards were said to be near-mint and arrived that way!
Shipping: Quick, and very well packaged!
Overall/Additional Comments: N/A.

Rating: Neutral (0)
Buyer/Seller/Trade: Buyer
Communication: OK communication. Did not keep me too updated about the status of my items after payment was sent
Descriptions of Cards: Cards were said to be in mint condition and were.
Shipping: Very slow shipping, but packaged very well.
Overall/Additional Comments: Took over 2 weeks to receive my package with little to minimal communication. I would like more communication especially when dealing with money.

Rating: Negative (-1)
Buyer/Seller/Trade: Trade
Communication: Absolutely horrible. Trader had not responded to me after addresses were exchanged.
Description of Cards: I can't decribe what I didn't recieve.
Shipping: Did not ship at all.
Overall/Additional Comments: Do NOT trade with this person. He is a ripper and will steal your cards!

More information on leaving feedback can be found here.

Back