Your friendly neighborhood Raikou fan!
The Marketplace Rules
Last Revision: April 13, 2021
Last Revision: April 13, 2021
1. PokéBeach is not responsible for any losses. All trades are made at your own risk.
2A. All trading and selling threads must be one central thread with the prefix "Trades & Sales". You can also post threads with the prefixes "Trades", "Sales", or "In Search Of. "Trades & Sales" - both trades and sales, "Trades" - only trades, "Sales" - only sales, and "In Search Of" - general wants/buying stuff posts.
2B. You are only permitted to have one open thread for trading, selling, or both in the Marketplace Forum. If you want to make a new thread but already have one, contact a Moderator to have them lock the thread that you no longer need or use beforehand. You can have an "In Search Of" thread in addition to a trading/selling thread, but you may only have only one "In Search Of" thread per week. Please do not overpost multiples of the same ISO thread, simply bump them once per week as needed.
3. You must include your country as the first word in your thread title in ALL CAPS, followed by the countries you're willing to ship to. A warning will be issued for all threads that remove this or for existing threads that do not include it.
4. You must be a Verified Seller to own a thread with a prefix involving sales, such as "Sales" or "Trades & Sales".
5. YOU and you alone are responsible for making the other trader satisfied with their end of the trade. If cards get lost or heavily damaged (beyond use) in the mail, you are required to replace them or offer compensation for the loss. Please use safe packing and shipping methods to ensure your cards or items arrive safely. Also, consider adding tracking/delivery confirmation to your package and always keep receipts from the post office. Evidence such as these things can help validate claims in case of a dispute.
6. The chart below shows the maximum amount of time a trade should take. Any trades that go past these time frames may result in a warning or temporary ban for the person holding up the trade.
Mandatory Timeframe to Complete a Trade:
Countries - Allowed Shipping Timeframe:
Within the USA, Canada, & Mexico: 14 Days
Other International Trades: 21 Days
(Take into account world events when delays happen)
7. When both people have exchanged addresses, a trade is considered final. If one trader decides for some reason they don't want to trade anymore, that is considered backing out of a trade. The penalty for backing out is a 3 week ban. Additional consequences may take place based on the severity of the offense. If there is an extreme situation where you feel you must back out of a deal, please post in the Disputes forum before doing so. The Marketplace Moderators will issue a ruling based on the situation and evidence.
8. If you feel that another user has stolen cards/items (also known as “ripping”) from you or backed out of the trade, you must file a report in the Questions & Disputes sub-forum. A case will then be opened against them. If it is unresolved, it is encouraged that mail fraud be filed against them through the USPS or local authorities. Do not let this happen to you, because you may be subject to fines/incarceration/probation/restitution.
9. All of your cards listed must be in hand. You cannot list them as a friend’s, as in your deck, incoming, or anything else. You must be 100% willing to trade/sell whatever is listed in your thread.
10. You may bump your trade thread once every 2 days/48 hours. If you are caught abusing the bump system, you will receive a warning; if caught abusing more than once, a temporary ban will be given.
11. You may NOT buy cards or other items from people who are not Verified Sellers. You may check who is a Verified Seller in the Request to be a PokéBeach Verified Seller & The PokéBeach Verified Sellers List. For the safety of all of our Marketplace users, please report anyone offering to sell that is not a Verified Seller (which is denoted by the Verified Seller badge under the person's avatar). If anyone is found making deals with someone who does not have permission to sell, you will both be banned.
12. Do not post addresses or contact information in public threads. Make sure you exchange addresses by PM ONLY. However, if you or someone else has been ripped by a trader, make sure a Marketplace Moderator gets the address of that ripper immediately by PMing it to one of them (if you have it).
13. Members who receive a negative reference will be banned for one week. If you receive 3 negative references total, you will be permanently banned.
14. We only allow the trading of physical items such as TCG cards, merchandise, video game cartridges, plushies, etc. Intangible items such as e-mailed PTCGO codes, digital/video game data, services, etc. are not allowed to be traded or sold here. Anyone caught doing this will receive a warning or be temporarily banned. Only ACTUAL in hand video games may be traded or sold here.
15. Tracking numbers (Delivery Confirmation in the US) must be provided for items sold at $50 USD or over. If for any reason cash amounts of $20 or over are sent through the mail, it must have a tracking number provided. If this is not done, the other person has the right to give you a neutral reputation. We highly recommend PayPal for all cash transactions, so we’d prefer you not send cash through the mail unless it is your only option.
16. eBay sales listings and store pages are only allowed in signatures for normal members that are not verified sellers. To put them in your sales/trade threads or actively send these links to other users through private message, you must be a verified seller.
Please keep these links out of discussion threads in general, unless absolutely relevant to a conversation (Ex: Someone needs to know where to buy a certain type of sleeves for their cards). Spamming your own sales links in threads/elsewhere for your benefit will result in a ban for advertising.
17. Please report EVERYTHING wrong. A few examples:
- Report a trader you think is suspicious.
- Report anyone offering to sell without being a Verified Seller. You CANNOT buy from someone on this forum that is not a Verified Seller. You’ll both be banned if we find you doing this.
- Report anyone breaking the rules, or anyone you think doing something wrong.
18. You MUST have your PM's enabled and be in constant communication with anyone you are involved in a trade with. Do not block them, and if you aren’t on the forum as often make sure you give them an alternative way to get a hold of you such as Skype, AIM, email, etc.
19. The member with the lowest number of references will send first. When the person with more references receives, they are expected to send their half of the deal promptly and professionally. The only time this will be different is if the person with more references says otherwise, or if money is involved. If money is involved, the buyer is expected to send payment first. The only methods of payment allowed are cash and PayPal.
20. Trades involving third parties, or "middlemen" are not allowed whatsoever unless they are cleared with the head of the Marketplace (Brave Vesperia). If anyone proposes you send a card for them, or asks you if they can trade through you, both members must add Brave Vesperia to a private message and get permission! This is to protect both traders and the Marketplace as a whole. Any violators will be banned immediately.
1. All feedback should be left here: Reputation Thread
2. You cannot get reputations on PokéBeach from the following things:
- Other sites (eBay, Pojo, PokeGym, etc...) reputations do not count on PokéBeach. Only PokéBeach reputations count.
- If you have traded with another user in person, it does NOT count online. This includes trading with people at league as well as your brother or sister.
- If you have traded digital information such as in game Pokemon or TCGO codes/cards via PM, these do not count for reputation. You must have sent and received a tangible item in the mail from a trade organized on these forums to be eligible for reputation.
3. Be prompt about leaving reputations. Make an effort to leave a reputation within one week of receiving your cards.
4. You may not leave neutral or negative references without filing a dispute, at least as a record of it happening. If you leave a neutral or negative reputation, and did not open a dispute for it first, it will be deleted and you will receive a warning.
- You may open a dispute + leave a neutral reputation - If it takes longer than the allowed time frame to receive your cards or merchandise. We allow two weeks within the US, Canada, and Mexico, and 18 days for all trades overseas. If the cards arrive damaged, or you encounter any other bad experiences, you may request to leave a neutral reputation by asking a Marketplace Moderator.
- You may open a dispute + leave a negative reputation - If you receive heavily damaged cards or cards that were not as described, the other user backs out of the trade, or if you are ripped. You may not leave a negative reputation just because someone left you one. If you are unsure what type of reputation you should leave, ask a Marketplace Moderator. Understand that negative references remain on record forever and may prevent you from getting Verified Seller permission.
Last edited by a moderator: