XY How to back up my save file?

Zygarde

Z-Dawg
Ok, I hope this is the right forum for this.

My problem is: my Alpha Sapphire is on a 2GB SD card, and I can't download the update because no more blocks available, and I can't free any space, as the only other thing I have on this card is Bank.
I managed to get an 8GB card, but I have no clue on how to keep my save file after switching cards.

Is there a way to do it?

Zygarde said:
Ok, I hope this is the right forum for this.

My problem is: my Alpha Sapphire is on a 2GB SD card, and I can't download the update because no more blocks available, and I can't free any space, as the only other thing I have on this card is Bank.
I managed to get an 8GB card, but I have no clue on how to keep my save file after switching cards.

Is there a way to do it?

You could try to sent all your pokemon from bank to your game, After that delete Pokémon bank from your SD and download it on the new one? I recently got a new SD card for these new Pokémon games too... And when i downloaded Pokémon bank on my new SD card, i still had my subscription to it...

I wouldn't know otherwise...

Thing is, I've just beaten the game after 50++ hours. I really took my time and enjoyed it to the max. I'm not in the mood to rush through and beat it all over again so soon after finishing >.>

Zygarde said:
Thing is, I've just beaten the game after 50++ hours. I really took my time and enjoyed it to the max. I'm not in the mood to rush through and beat it all over again so soon after finishing >.>

Yeah i understand... But if you just make sure all your pokemon are gone from Pokémon bank... you can delete pokémon bank from your SD card, and just download it on the new one :D So you got space for the update on your old SD! :D

I've moved this thread to VG News & General Discussion as the question is also applicable for X and Y. :)

Actually if you have the right equipment you can back thee file up on your PC. Just Google how to do it and buy the equipment required to do so. I can't post how to do it here though because it would breach the forum rules but yeah do it that way and get a 4G card or larger.:)

No back up needed if you have access to an SD card reader. Just copy everything from the 2GB SD to the (formatted) 8GB SD on your computer.

Make sure you back up your computer to an external hard drive as well in case it crashes. This way you can still upload your file in case you need a new 3DS or something.:)

Back