How much will Metal Gengar (Meta Ghost) be played?

It will be played like crazy, but I still think Mother Gengar is a better choice. With the Lv.X, it will be played an extremely high amount.

Its X has a built in flygon counter, even more so as it snipes weavile, then gains resistance and can sit safely without the x. So yeah, metal gengar will be fabulous, and played like crazy...

Metagross SV + Gengar SF.

Lower HP with Metagross and snipe down the low hp ones (blatoy, unown g, etc.) with Gengar.

ewh, why would you play that?
Besides, gengar will no longer be played by any player with a good sense of judgment. The decks that WILL be played however, shall be Garchomp varients mixed with flygon. Oops, I just spilled the beans on a winning deck.

"Metal" Gengar", A.K.A Metagross/Gengar, will be a completely horrible deck. Metagross reduces Gengar's Hp, thus reducing its longevity, and since it's a stage 2, it just reduces Gengar's quickness, not to mention Metagross requires 3 energy to deal damage. The idea of Metagross getting setup and dealing damage, and then bringing up gengar to snipe is outrageous, and will require a godhand to work decently.

Do you know what you're talking about? Metal Gengar will have it's fair (pretty big) share of glory next season. Also there are so many other decks except for Metal Gengar and Garchomp/Flygon.

That is not true. Fainting spell is not but another privelage when playing Gengar with anything. It helps in certain situations but you can work without it aswell IMO.

Darkartisan said:
ewh, why would you play that?
Besides, gengar will no longer be played by any player with a good sense of judgment. The decks that WILL be played however, shall be Garchomp varients mixed with flygon. Oops, I just spilled the beans on a winning deck.

"Metal" Gengar", A.K.A Metagross/Gengar, will be a completely horrible deck. Metagross reduces Gengar's Hp, thus reducing its longevity, and since it's a stage 2, it just reduces Gengar's quickness, not to mention Metagross requires 3 energy to deal damage. The idea of Metagross getting setup and dealing damage, and then bringing up gengar to snipe is outrageous, and will require a godhand to work decently.

actually, the potential for Metal Gengar is pretty good...there will still be alot of decks that will be using powers to support the deck and speed it along...most of which have about 80HP or lower, therefore using Metagross (SV) allows for Gengar to just snipe for 6 dmg and KO those pokemon, slowing those decks down

why you would even attempt to attack with Metagross in this setup is beyond me...Gengar would be the main and probably the only attacker (for most variants of the deck, that is)...it's a lil' cheesy, and the lucksack factor for FaintSpell makes it even cheesier, but the deck does have good potential

I prefer Dusknoir SF#1 IMHO over Gengar. It makes the LV.X a bigger factor and hits harder then Gengar. It also doesn't need Claydol that bad with Volkner around, which is nice too.

You could say that, but there arent any pokemon that wont be Unown G'd to prevent sniping anyways, I mean, the GOOD players anyways. Anyone can play this deck in masters and catch a few off guard, but once it catches on it wont stand a chance, which is what i'm trying to get at.

Remember that a bench of claydol with an unown G and an active with an Unwon G means that Gengar will be hitting for 0 if the player can keep emptying their hand of T/S/S

Darkartisan said:
You could say that, but there arent any pokemon that wont be Unown G'd, I mean, the GOOD players anyways. Anyone can play this deck in masters and catch a few off guard, but once it catches on it wont stand a chance, which is what I'm trying to get at.

the thing is, they will need to get to their Unown G's pretty quickly, Gengar sets up wickedly fast, and with most Gengar decks running RC's and, in some cases, BTS's Metagross won't be too far behind

yea, it will catch on, but that's the way it is with alot of decks

I agree with what you're saying, although it is highly unlikely that this will even become a tier 2 deck. Sp's took senior/junior, and I expect SP to take it again next year

Haha dude, your hilarious. Gengar is a fabulous card, metal gengar is an offensive force. Paired with Miasma valley, 50 hp basics automatically drop to 10 hp, and 60 drop to 20. Pokemon with 70 hp without powers are in range for shadow room ko, and thats basics or pokemon w/out powers.

Each one of us think differently...I think it will be Tier 2, not sure about Tier 1 (probably not). Even so, I thonk it is a good deck that will be played and is worth playing. It can win it's fair share of matches just like any (unbroken) deck.

Back