Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
I brought a Shiny Yveltal EX tin earlier, and the only good pull I got was a full art Mega Altaria EX. It made getting the tin worth it (Aside from having bacon bird in my collection), but I noticed something was off about it, and on closer inspection, I saw that the embossed foil effect was misaligned. I've taken some photos, but it's especially noticeable around the text and Energy symbols.

12991127_1726620000925267_8676916807292241722_n.jpg 13312690_1726620024258598_980930335509070069_n.jpg 13307447_1726619974258603_4938636159913628_n.jpg

Daniel Sciberras

Aspiring Trainer
Hi guys,
Recently I have dug up my old Pokemon cards just to reminisce. Doing so, I stumbled upon an Arceus Steel type, year 2009. However, bottom right instead of AR9 inscribed, AR4 is written. Much to my amazement no amount of google searches could find a misprint like this. This is all legit! Am I missing something? How much would something like this be worth?
Thanks,
Daniel.

Attachments

• 20160607_190626.jpg
    20160607_190626.jpg
    842.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 20160607_190629.jpg
    20160607_190629.jpg
    737 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_2016-06-07-19-05-35.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-07-19-05-35.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 20

Shiny Shinx

WE ARE IN THE BEAM
Hi guys,
Recently I have dug up my old Pokemon cards just to reminisce. Doing so, I stumbled upon an Arceus Steel type, year 2009. However, bottom right instead of AR9 inscribed, AR4 is written. Much to my amazement no amount of google searches could find a misprint like this. This is all legit! Am I missing something? How much would something like this be worth?
Thanks,
Daniel.

That's definitely a fake. The font is way off, which is a major red flag. Also, it appears to have a flat foil reminiscent of the reverse holos from ex Delta Species-ex Power Keepers, when it should have the standard cosmos pattern foil instead.

~SS

Daniel Sciberras

Aspiring Trainer
That's definitely a fake. The font is way off, which is a major red flag. Also, it appears to have a flat foil reminiscent of the reverse holos from ex Delta Species-ex Power Keepers, when it should have the standard cosmos pattern foil instead.

~SS
Thanks man, sorry for the fuss!

Snowy

❄️グレイシア❄️
Probably around 30-40 USD for a PSA 9 version, I believe that a PSA 10 version could be worth somewhere around 60 USD... ?

A bit hard to determine the value, because the set it's part of just came out. You'll probably have to wait a couple of weeks before other people start selling theirs on Ebay etc.

Glaceon isn't an extremely (It has it's fans, I know) Pokemon, so don't expect it to be worth that much.

I just won a Full Art Japanese Glaceon EX PSA 10 for $26 excluding shipping. English versions are going for under $20 and Japanese versions are anywhere between $25-$35. Would English be worth more especially with the inferior card quality?

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
English versions of cards are generally only worth more in the international market if they're competitive. Obviously people aren't going to be playing with PSA graded cards, but that can still affect their overall value.

Last Unicorn

Aspiring Trainer
I have a team galactic Palkia G level X card that might be an error card. I have found that most cards sold that a palkia G lv. X cards say beside the level up "put onto palkia G". My cards sayd Put onto shaymin. Is that an error?

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I have a team galactic Palkia G level X card that might be an error card. I have found that most cards sold that a palkia G lv. X cards say beside the level up "put onto palkia G". My cards sayd Put onto shaymin. Is that an error?

Either an error or a fake card. Unfortunately the latter is probably more likely, to be honest. If you can post a picture or a scan, we can tell you for sure.

_PokemonNoob_

Aspiring Trainer
What fair price to pay for a Shaymin-EX there alot on trade block asking price range from 15-25 packs each?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hutchie91

Aspiring Trainer
So I've managed to get my hands on this unpeeled promo sheet from a 1997 CoroCoro magazine containing Surfing Pikachu and Imakuni. After spending quite some time trying to find any info about this, I stumbled across this one and only listing on eBay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pokemon-S...-Coro-Promo-UNPEELED-Ultra-Rare-/351482553111

I know eBay is a bit of a rip-off merchant when it comes to WotC holos but is £500-750 really what this is worth to the right collector? Of course it's hard to judge the value of this when there is little info out there and there isn't other listings to compare too, I'm guessing that since there is 4 people watching that listing that there is interest in that item for that price mark even if it means negotiating a price and accepting someone's slightly lower offer.

Here are front and back pics of my sheet for what it's worth just in case there might be someone interested on this forum.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e50/hutchie91/Mobile Uploads/DSC_0515_zpsxohvnj4s.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e50/hutchie91/Mobile Uploads/DSC_0516_zpsjhvskmds.jpg

StriatonIsMagic

I'll Never Forget This Day
How much is a Blaine's Charizard worth? The one I have is in fair condition. (I got it in a trade with this 11-year old kid, so...)

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
How much is a Blaine's Charizard worth? The one I have is in fair condition. (I got it in a trade with this 11-year old kid, so...)

Recent eBay sold listings seem to go for US$25-50. Higher values are mostly for higher condition and/or 1st edition versions.

theBeeeN

Aspiring Trainer
Hi everyone! I'm somewhat new to this forum, I'm hoping you all can share your thoughts on this.
I just completed the Japanese Premium Champion Collection(CP4) and I have no idea what the value of the full set is.. I know the shaymin and a few of the trainers are very pricey right now, but I haven't seen a full set besides mine. Also, anyone else finish this set? What would this set go for on Ebay/Amazon etc?

JoshuaL

Aspiring Trainer
How much is this card worth? I can't find any decent information about it.

Attachments

• $_57-3.JPG
    $_57-3.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 26

Jungletoad

Aspiring Trainer
How much is this card worth? I can't find any decent information about it.

I'd say it's true value lies between 55-65$.

Most sellers would probably like to earn a little extra money, and would probably sell it for anything between 75-110$.

If you're looking to purchase that card "Smpratte" (which is a great dude with good prices), is currently selling it on eBay. But you might already have checked that out?

NewbiecollectorBill

Aspiring Trainer
Hi... I just pulled this Phantump 64/122 non-holo from a Breakpoint pack a couple weeks ago. I noticed the left corners when I was putting the cards away. I can't find much info or how rare cards are that make it through with only two of the corners square. These seem like legit, collectible items. Print defects and the color shades being off in my experience with sports cards would make these worth less. If you had a Charizard lets say with like 100 known EX copies of whatever series that went through without EX printed on it they'd be highly sought after. I don't see why off centered cards would be worth anywhere close to centered. But this is a different thing altogether. Is a 2 square corner card very uncommon? A common like this maybe worth $10-$30? I look forward to your thoughts. My kids and I only started getting Pokemon cards in January and I'm at around 3000 but have a lot to learn.

5.JPG 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Unfortunately, those sorts of problems are somewhat common in English Pokémon cards recently since their quality control isn't super great. The card could be worth a bit more to the right collector, though it might take you a while to find one.

Jbund1

Aspiring Trainer
Hi there, I've recently been thinking about parting with my collection. I have no idea what it's worth and I know eBay prices can be a bit wacky from time to time so I really don't want to trust in that. It's a bit of an odd collection but if anyone has a rough informed estimate, that would be amazing :)

The collection is as follows:-

1 - 53 of the black star promos
Including the 1st edition pikachu, error misprint Dark Persian, the grey and gold Jigglypuff, both illustrator versions of the legendary birds, a strange non holo Mew that is still numbered as number 9 that I can't find any info about and three Japanese ANA Airlines booklets with the three birds, Dragonite and the flying Pikachu that passengers could swap their ticket stubs for during the event.

All cards are in amazing condition as I've always taken great care of them. So if anyone has a rough idea what the collection is worth, that would be fan

Jchen5012

Aspiring Trainer
How much would this pokemon card be worth? My friend gave it to me.
(It's sleeved now)

Attachments

• shad 013.JPG
    shad 013.JPG
    799.8 KB · Views: 20