Votes: 5 10.0%
  • $50-80

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • more than $80/$100 etc.

Votes: 16 32.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've once bought a box of MT but apart from that, about 30 packs total in a period of almost a year now. For now, I'm basically trading everything I want and it works fine.

i spend so much money on card yearly that when i decided to cut back on the amount of money spent on cards this previous year (one of my new year resolutions last year) , i saved enough to buy a $1300 42' hdtv (with a four year protection plan in case anything goes wrong) , a $500 playstation 3 w/5 free blue rays+ extra controller , a $250 wii , and four $50-60 games . if you add that up , its a lot of money . it drove me crazy when i went to target or walmart every single week and had to ignore the card section every single time, but in the end it was way worth it! i dont know about everyone else here but its way better to waste your money on high end Gadgets than stupid peices of cardboboard ( even though i love them so much !). now that i reached my my major goals though , i went back to buying cards like crazy . these last two months i've wasted over $100 on tins and cards! i just hope i can calm my self down so that i can save enough money to buy a xbox 360, a psp , a ds , and maybe a new cell phone.

wildcat, nice..... save more so you can hook me up w/ a ps3 lol.... good for you electronis are 10x better than cards.....

thanks ! it was hard but at the same time fun doing that ! I’m the kind of person that just buys for impulse so saving was like a huge challenge/ game for me . seriously , you and everyone else here should try it ! even make it into a competition in between friends or family and see who could save more and get way better stuff . i did it and beat my brother and sister by getting way better stuff than them ! seriously , alot of you guys waste way to much money on cards and if you saved up you would be surprised how much money you can save up in just a couple of weeks!

p.s. I dare every one here who is an addict and wastes to much money on cards to go at least , lets say, three to six months without buying cards . Find another way of getting cards (begging , trading , etc.) , or just try to reduce the amount you buy ! By the end of the time period established then report here and tell us how much you saved ! Then after that go crazy with it and waste it on what ever you want !

wildcat i started something similar to that just this month.... my checking account was at $40 on 12/1 right now i am at $450, i got my paycheck and have not bought any cards, i got all my bills out of the way so wish me luck.....

also i saw the lucario tin at target and i usually buy 2-3 tins.... i had to run out of there.. its hard, man....

Well I do not have plans to cut out cards totally next year. But I need to save up for my wedding so next year I am limiting myself to buying one single ex/*/lvl X card each month because that seems reasonable.
I noticed the other day that toys r us in the UK have bumped up their booster prices. Mysterious treasures ones are £4.99 ($10) at the moment. They used to be £2.99 (which is still high). I am surprised so many people on this thread can afford so many.

weeding, congratulations.... i just lookead at the great encounters release.... basically im screwed, no way any pokemon player can resist that set.... 3 decks, that might be palkia dialga and darkai.... im saving to spend on that....

Well, I did go crazy with Legend Makers...bought 3 boxes...but aside from that, I don't spend too much on cards. Prolly around 35 - 50 packs per set, depending on the set (I tend to skip sets that come out in Fall, thanks to my soccer season interfering with TCG) which in comparison to others in my region isn't too much.

Well my parents think that buying cards is a total waste of money and that it is very stupid, my mom even used a very scary metaphor describing her hatred against pokemon. So its kind of 1 vs. 2 :( so I usually use around $12-$15)

freakyboy05 said:
Well my parents think that buying cards is a total waste of money and that it is very stupid,

It kills me when parents say that! People always say, "It's just piece of paper", but it's really not just a piece of paper, it's a really fun game that we love. What I hate the most is how it's "ok" to spend alot of money on other things, but it's a waist to spend money on cards. Parents always think that Gaming Cards are a waist of money because their paper.

wow!!! these people make me feel good about the money im wasting on cards!!! 100's of dollars a month!!! thats sick!! in a good way. For now.. i just buy the new tins every once in a while or acouple packs..not anything big...yup yup

increpar said:
How much do you spend on cards? i waste around $90 monthly. is that too much or too little?

the lowest i spend is $50 but when a ste comes out i spend around $150 to get atleast two lv x of each and all the holos 2x etc...

$90 a month? You are out of this world. No seriously that is way too much dough. I spend roughly $10-$30 and sometimes less every 2-3 months or so and if I get lucky then I get more.:).:)

well i bouth a box of holon phamtomps dragon froiters half of powr keppers diamond a pearl , mysterious tresures
a lots of booster extra

Well I usually get the cards at the pre-releases, since you get a couple of packs extra free, but since i'm living i the UK and we currently have no one really running POP right now, we've not had MT or SW pre-releases, so those sets are a bit hard for me. But for christmas, i'm hopefully getting a box of SW or MT [[as of yet, undecided on which]] so I won't be too far behind on cards. Apart from that though, just trading usually gets me by.

chazmander said:
Well I usually get the cards at the pre-releases, since you get a couple of packs extra free, but since i'm living i the UK and we currently have no one really running POP right now, we've not had MT or SW pre-releases, so those sets are a bit hard for me. But for christmas, i'm hopefully getting a box of SW or MT [[as of yet, undecided on which]] so I won't be too far behind on cards. Apart from that though, just trading usually gets me by.

Go to your local store to buy your cards until your tourneys start up again. That will get you by until they start up again.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back